Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

350 BH Comms Implant

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

miglor
10.04.2012 , 05:37 PM | #101
These Hazmat implants are like EAWare's "windows vista" - a failure in design on every level. If the stats were even mildy (10-15%) better than their BH cousins, you can justify the 10x in costs and grindage. As it stands, you are grinding in excess of 60-70hrs for a pittance of an upgrade.

Way to build confidence in your subscribers EA.

grallmate
10.04.2012 , 06:27 PM | #102
Look at it this way.

Who buys Rakata Ear/Implants now that BH comms are easily attainable? 120 Dailies vs 35 BH comms. The BH ones are better than the Rakata ones and take only slightly longer (but are much faster in terms of time investment) to attain. Why buy the Rakata one when you can buy the BH one 2 days later? In 1 week of running HM FPs I can get ~65 Daily Comms and 35 BH comms. Thats a BH implant or half a Rakata one. Before 1.3 there was a reason to get the Rakata one first: now, not so much.

If the Hazmat ones were only slightly more expensive than BH why would people buy the BH ones instead of saving up for the Hazmat ones? Hazmat needs to be notably more expensive to give people an incentive to still buy the BH ones as a stepping stone otherwise why still have the BH ones available?

However, I do agree that 350 is a little excessive. I think 150 would have been a good point especially after removing the BH comms from EC SM and KP NiM.

In terms of the 400 Daily Comm relics. I'm actually coming to the conclusion that these aren't that hard to get now (even though the relics themselves aren't in game). Since 1.4 hit I've run 1 round of dailies (for cash), done my HM FPs, HM Op weekly and Asation/Denova weekly and I've gotten close to 200 just from those. Without really trying for them; if I really tried, I think I could probably hit 400 in 2 weeks.

Raekor
10.04.2012 , 06:51 PM | #103
I'm one of the crazy ones that will be buying them for my main, but only my main (Merc). Currently have about 315 from starting at about 5 from when they were first complained about on the PT forums.

If I hadn't of geared up 4 alts I would have been able to buy them the day they went live. That's the only thing that annoys me, that there wasn't really enough warning that they would be so expensive.

grallmate
10.04.2012 , 07:17 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
I'm one of the crazy ones that will be buying them for my main, but only my main (Merc). Currently have about 315 from starting at about 5 from when they were first complained about on the PT forums.

If I hadn't of geared up 4 alts I would have been able to buy them the day they went live. That's the only thing that annoys me, that there wasn't really enough warning that they would be so expensive.
I do agree with that. I'd have liked more warning and I wouldn't have glutted my comms on Exotech schematics and Implants for RE.

I also will only be getting the new implants on my main because of the time involved. Thankfully, the difference isn't huge. Noticeable, but not huge.

Thornsbane
10.04.2012 , 07:44 PM | #105
While I dont mind the price at all, I doubt I would bother getting these considering I could gear up my alt to a HM OPS level for the price of one, and the improvements are just so tiny that it actually makes no difference whether I get them or not.

I guess the idea is that all the small improvements over the ENTIRE SET of Dread Guard gear adds up to a decent improvement. Remember the raids are very finely tuned to a certain gear set (Rakata or Campaign for eg.), so if you get all the small improvements from Dread Guard/Hazmat tier it would probably be quite noticable.

dscount
10.05.2012 , 08:10 AM | #106
I agree that the cost is crap! BW please be realistic. (Like 60 MAX - Price of BH Chest piece)

Marginal increase in stats = Marginal increase in cost.

I've used the Tionese > Columi example before... You don't see a 10x factor in that gears price tag. Being able to gear up my companions with black hole gear for the cost of a single implant is just plain silly.

It's stuff like this that ticks people off and puts another nail in the coffin for SWTOR. (IMHO)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Asavrede
10.05.2012 , 08:29 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To clear up some of the confusion we've seen in this thread, we asked George to clarify his answer. He was referring specifically to the relics that cost 400 Daily Commendations, which have been removed and are not available in 1.4. The Hazmat Implants, on the other hand, are priced as intended. I hope this helps clear up the confusion about the answer!
Oh wow. It's a shame they suck then for almost all classes! 350 BH comms for something that's ... well at best on par with the 35 comms ones ... really?!

The new offhands at 75 are ridiculous as well - they're not even moddable and most people can get better with Rakata.

Malinok
10.05.2012 , 09:06 AM | #108
I could afford one and I still dont intend to buy it. To address the cost specifically its not bad if it actually was a good upgrade. I'm currently full campaign but prior to that I was full 61 across all pieces from ripping out black hole mods/enhancements/armor.

Even with taking 4 weeks off from the game for PC issues im still sitting on 580 Black Hole Comms. If your guild was actually doing EC Story the week it came out, and you did your Black Hole Weekly/Hard Mode Daily every day, you should be swimming in black hole comms, so again unless you blew comms on your companions, 700BH comms is not some unreachable insane mark.

I'm currently full campaign but prior to that I was full 61 across all pieces from ripping out black hole mods/enhancements/armor.

That all being said I wont be buying it, not because its overprised for an UG, I simply wont be buying it because enough people are crying Im betting they are going to reduce the cost or up the stats....so Ill wait it out, the extra 5 power and 6 alac I would get from each wouldnt be worth it anyway
Forge
BerothiusSorc DPS
Conqueror of The Dread Fortres Gate Crasher

dscount
10.05.2012 , 09:28 AM | #109
Doing the "Red Face Test" shows that BH Comm's would be better spent on something else.

ROI Approach:
  • 350 BH Comm's would get me 7 Sets of Black Hole Boots or Gloves
  • Removing 7 Enhancements and 7 Mod's to RE for a total of 14 RE chances
  • Move the leftover (61) Armor to my companions as needed (Slot specific)
  • Likely to get 1-3 of those to RE actually and provide a (61) Schematic (20% Chance each).
  • Turn around and craft those and make $75k - $100k for each sold.
  • WAIT for someone to RE those Hazmats (Not sure if they are RE)
  • Most likely 10-20 SOLD would provide profit enough to purchase one implant instead and more revenue.

Granted, this is an RNG game and time consuming, but I'd rather do that before shelling out 350 BH Comm's for a single item. ROI Approach provides a revenue stream AFTER I've obtained a GTN purchased Hazmat. See how many Black Hole implants and ear pieces we have now on GTN? On our server I'm already seeing (63) Level Mod's and Enhancements popping up on GTN.

I agree with the comment someone made that apparently DEV's are not playing the game. (IMHO)
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

United_Strafes
10.05.2012 , 09:31 AM | #110
It should be 350 then the fanbois can say "have you gotten all your 1000s of BH comms worth of gear yet"? When people start talking about content.