Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to PvP armor and cost in 1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Changes to PvP armor and cost in 1.4

Technohic
09.26.2012 , 08:27 AM | #1
I am curious about:

•New Recruit MK-2 gear is now available. This gear replaces the Recruit set, which is no longer available.

What is different?
So what happens to the Recruit on some of may characters they already have?

•The cost of War Hero weapons and offhands has been reduced.

Not really a question, but I am kind of bothered for 3 toons that I had spent my comms only to have my alt comming up to better be able to purchase these from the start and be better equipped. Yes. It is part of MMO life and yes, I am just whining about it with no idea for a solution. Not sure I really care, but I would be lie if I said I didn't wish I had just left those earlier characters maxed with comms.

Quantri
09.26.2012 , 08:40 AM | #2
I'm guessing the Mk-2 gear is a little bit better, and you still keep the recruit you already have.

Yeah its a way of MMO's. Make new players get the things you spent countless hours getting in a fraction of the time and put in better **** you should spend another countless hours getting. It has already happened a few times in this game and will happen many more times.

Technohic
09.26.2012 , 08:45 AM | #3
I heard War Hero doesn't require a piece of Battlemaster gear any more. If so, is there a point in buying battlemaster?

Joesixxpack
09.26.2012 , 08:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
I heard War Hero doesn't require a piece of Battlemaster gear any more. If so, is there a point in buying battlemaster?

If that's accurate I'll probably skip BM for my toons that don't have it yet. It's quick and easy to get but I'd rather save comms for WH.

Remembering the grind for centurion, champion, and battlemaster... /nostalgia.

Majspuffen
09.26.2012 , 09:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantri View Post
I'm guessing the Mk-2 gear is a little bit better, and you still keep the recruit you already have.

Yeah its a way of MMO's. Make new players get the things you spent countless hours getting in a fraction of the time and put in better **** you should spend another countless hours getting. It has already happened a few times in this game and will happen many more times.
And this is a bad thing?

I for one would have been very happy if they handed out War Hero gear for free. And no, it's not for my own sake that I say that, I've had full War Hero for a very long time, as pvp is the only thing I spend time on in this game. I just hate it when a match is won or lost because of gear. If you have 4+ people in recruit on your side, you're more likely to lose than not.

Gabe Amantangelo said in an interview that the gear gap between a new level 50 and a veteran level 50 should be somewhere between 15-20%, something he admitted that they had failed to achieve. You know things are pretty bad when a healer, such as myself, can steamroll a person in recruit gear in less than 10 seconds. And that is no exaggeration either, the time to kill is that low in this game.

People yearn for balance but they still crave gear. It's just... I... what... how..? ... people are a bunch of hypocrites. I'll never understand the desire for more stats. Quite frankly, more stats just ruins the game. Look at WoW, the digits are now so high that random mobs in the world walks around with half a million health. To think that a 1k crit in that game actually meant something once. The heroes of Azeroth farts for more damage than that nowadays.

/endrant
Lambaste!
Best talent in the Galaxy!

LARams
09.26.2012 , 09:52 AM | #6
How are these price changes fair to those who had to trade in BM gear and then grind way more points to get WH?

Why would anyone who spent countless hours equipping themselves for PVP be happy about this giveaway?

It's a slap in the face to everyone who did it the original way BW intended.

RickyChavez
09.26.2012 , 10:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LARams View Post
How are these price changes fair to those who had to trade in BM gear and then grind way more points to get WH?

Why would anyone who spent countless hours equipping themselves for PVP be happy about this giveaway?

It's a slap in the face to everyone who did it the original way BW intended.
Yeah thats how I feel. I at least expected us to get an upgraded version and a slight rename like recruit is or maybe have ours unique looking but instead we just get told that other people get our gear with like 3x less effort, which is a lot more than that when you consider being in 3x as many battles, that you would lose at a much higher percentage. While I hate the difference in gear being the sole reason a pvp match is won, I hate that the people that worked hard to get their gear get nothing to show for it.
Nikki'imi'nag <Adventure Time> | Sorc Heal | The Harbinger The ItsaTrap Legacy
----- Sexy -----
My Channel http://www.youtube.com/rickychavez
1.4 PVP Guide Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3wXaobzMo

TrueEquality
09.26.2012 , 10:12 AM | #8
not everyone can spend countless hours getting geared, imo a somewhat equal playing field makes things more foon, well for the skilled peeps atleast
Compassion: Shadow, Forall: Sage, Equality: Scoundrel, Evolving: Guardian, Circumstance: Marauder, Necessities: Powertech, Coincidence: Commando, Persist: Sniper