Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think......

BluPhenixz
09.26.2012 , 07:43 AM | #1
I just came back to playing. I left in Feb/March time frame. I'm kinda surprised there has been no more story content. The story content is what drew me to this game to begin with. I think more is coming though. I gotta say a lot of bugs have been fixed though and I still like this game. I have one problem though. I think many can agree, and if you put this in the game, i'll be a happy sub for life.

I want to be a Jawa Sith Sorcerer. Please?????????????

*OOTINIE* LIGHTNING

Wolfninjajedi
09.26.2012 , 12:10 PM | #2
No, will never be in the game. People really need to stop asking to play as ridiculous species, that would never work.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

widdleflaps
09.26.2012 , 12:18 PM | #3
i wouldn't mind if it was in or not, not a bad idea to me. after all, yoda was a small weak dude

Malles
09.26.2012 , 09:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
No, will never be in the game. People really need to stop asking to play as ridiculous species, that would never work.
Weird. I said the same thing about Cathar.
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 09:57 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Malles View Post
Weird. I said the same thing about Cathar.
Cathar:
Same animation rig proportions
Speak basic
Same facial expression rig
Compatible with same voice actors
Able to romance current playable species
Able to wear all helmets

Ridiculous? I think not.

Malles
09.26.2012 , 10:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
Cathar:
Same animation rig proportions
Speak basic
Same facial expression rig
Compatible with same voice actors
Able to romance current playable species
Able to wear all helmets

Ridiculous? I think not.
I have this....thing....against furries. No offense. They just rub me the wrong way. Probably because most of the fans are all OH LOOK KITTY PERSON and are sickeningly overjoyed about it. With little hearts posted in the details like this <3.

Personally, though, I'm all for the Jawa idea. If for no other reason than so when I need my "do horrible things to squeaky little people" fix I don't have to fly out all the way to Tatooine or to Belsavis to make Blizz tank a rancor. Almost makes me miss the gnomes and goblins from WoW.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 10:14 PM | #7
I have this....thing....against furries. No offense. They just rub me the wrong way. Probably because most of the fans are all OH LOOK KITTY PERSON and are sickeningly overjoyed about it. With little hearts posted in the details like this <3.

Personally, though, I'm all for the Jawa idea. If for no other reason than so when I need my "do horrible things to squeaky little people" fix I don't have to fly out all the way to Tatooine or to Belsavis to make Blizz tank a rancor. Almost makes me miss the gnomes and goblins from WoW.
Most definitely agree. I too hate furries and love playing (and also stomping) the small races... I just think that with the current devs and the way they organized the game, it'll never, ever happen. I can only hope that we at least get some more of the "alien" humanoids someday.
#1 choice-->

Malles
09.26.2012 , 10:18 PM | #8
Most definitely agree. I too hate furries and love playing (and also stomping) the small races... I just think that with the current devs and the way they organized the game, it'll never, ever happen. I can only hope that we at least get some more of the "alien" humanoids someday.
#1 choice-->
Empire gets Trandoshans, Republic gets Wookiees, people can abuse the Legacy system if they want them for opposing factions. New planets to play through, new planet and class stories for Kashyyyk and Trandosha, happy players. What's so hard about this, devs? Give me my gun-wielding velociraptor already.

Stenrik
09.26.2012 , 10:24 PM | #9
Empire gets Trandoshans, Republic gets Wookiees, people can abuse the Legacy system if they want them for opposing factions. New planets to play through, new planet and class stories for Kashyyyk and Trandosha, happy players. What's so hard about this, devs? Give me my gun-wielding velociraptor already.
They wouldn't ever do wookies. Different animation rig, wouldn't fit gear, wouldn't work with current voice actors.
I think Transoshans are actually stretching it because of the voice/language thing, unless the devs maybe ran the existing voices through a modulator. I'd rather both sides get 'em too, because if the empire can get Cathar (which is pretty silly when you look at the lore) then I guess almost any race should just release for both sides.

EDIT: Actually, maybe, they could get wookies to work if they treat 'em like Death Knights in WoW, like, you START at level 50 on your starter planet, and require like lvl 30 legacy to be able to play one. Still though, with the dev team the small size it is, I doubt they'd use the resources for all new animations, etc...

Malles
09.26.2012 , 10:33 PM | #10
They wouldn't ever do wookies. Different animation rig, wouldn't fit gear, wouldn't work with current voice actors.
I think Transoshans are actually stretching it because of the voice/language thing, unless the devs maybe ran the existing voices through a modulator. I'd rather both sides get 'em too, because if the empire can get Cathar (which is pretty silly when you look at the lore) then I guess almost any race should just release for both sides.

EDIT: Actually, maybe, they could get wookies to work if they treat 'em like Death Knights in WoW, like, you START at level 50 on your starter planet, and require like lvl 30 legacy to be able to play one. Still though, with the dev team the small size it is, I doubt they'd use the resources for all new animations, etc...
What's the problem? Give them the same body types, fix the bugs for gear, make them like Twi'leks and remove the helmets and hoods if problems persist. And how many voice actors do you need to make a Wookiee say OOOORRAAAAWR?

Same with Trandoshans. We can make Trandoshan and Wookiee NPCs, give them subtitles, then tell the playerbase it can't happen because of facial experessions? Shenanigans, I say.