Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Idea for pvp crafting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Idea for pvp crafting

Pyrinoos
09.26.2012 , 06:49 AM | #1
Ok, so i have a thought to improve some issues with participation in endgame pvp and 50 pvp as a whole.

Institute a loot system for ranked war zones only. Base the drops off of earning objective points(as anything else would favor certain classes/rolls). Then drop re able pvp armorings! Make the drops extremely rare.

This would help accomplish several things.
1. It would introduce cratable/purchasable pvp non slot bound armoring and fix this issue. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534269
2. Since drops only occur in ranked it will give a far greater incentive for geared players/guilds to form an eight man and que, hopefully generating more ranked games.
3. This in turn would move some of the better players/teams out of normals and give the newbs/noobs (ok the not as good players) a little more breathing room and slow the qqing. Maybe. Probably kidding myself, but whatever.

You could even open this system up to (IMO, non top tier, so currently only BM, when Elite WH comes then BM & WH) other pvp gear as well. So eventually people that run ranked a lot would be able to craft, based on professions, not just armorings, but earpieces, implants, mods, enhancements, hilts, & barrels. This would allow alts and new players to buy/obtain crafted gear from a seller. And to prevent gear being to simple to get, make new crafting mats for these items that are only found by purchasing them from the pvp vendor for the same comms as it would normally take to get that item, i.e. A player in a ranked game could get an extremely rare drop of a BM implant schematic, then purchase a mat from the vendor for 625 comms to craft it, then sell away! Someone is still grinding for comms for each piece and people get gear, everyone wins.
Pvpers could earn more money, and have something(crafting, learning schematics) to do when geared. Imagine working to learn the power/surge enhancement! Big creds in that!
Let me know what y'all think. (PS can u tell I'm bored out of my mind waiting for the servers to come back up)
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | Koráh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> Lamęch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk

Spoletta
09.26.2012 , 06:55 AM | #2
As a mainly crafter/pvper i strongly support this system.