Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance for Game Update 1.4: September 26th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance for Game Update 1.4: September 26th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlexandraJade
09.25.2012 , 03:20 PM | #11
so, do we get HK now?

Urael
09.25.2012 , 03:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrBimo View Post
"This is unacceptable, how dare bioware do this, nasty norks" By now you should know im talking ironicly and have nothing but good things to say about you guys, Bioware dont change a thing, i bet the update will be a blast
You should have said "Bazinga!"

Eillack
09.25.2012 , 03:21 PM | #13
Nice!

I hope that most of the issues were fixed in PTS though. Hmm guess my grind for PvP gear just got worse haha...only 1 WH piece so far...

Transcendent
09.25.2012 , 03:21 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
8AM BST until 2PM BST
Perfect times, i'm at work during those exact hours

TUXs
09.25.2012 , 03:23 PM | #15
YAY!!!!!! But curse you...I have a wedding to go to this weekend....
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Laurreth
09.25.2012 , 03:24 PM | #16
I guess everyone saw that coming. Having no normal maintenance this week was a dead giveaway.

Quote: Originally Posted by Huxebewa View Post
On a side note, and not to complain, but has the length of the downtime(s) for any of these patches been explained?
They always take 6 hours (except the recent downtime for the server consolidation, which came in at around 12 hours (edit, and hopefully before too many people complain) there have also been shorter ones, but 6 hours is really the standard timeframe for routine maintenance). IIRC it was explained once on some Q&A or blog entry, with some hints to the time it takes to have a controlled shutdown, routine DB-, hard- and software maintenance (backups?), patch installation, quick QA run, etc. There's probably quite a bit of slack in there to account for some less-expected surprise features too.

All in all, I prefer a well-planned and issue free 6-hour downtime to a slapdash 3-hour job, and so far that seems to be working well

Roalmo
09.25.2012 , 03:33 PM | #17
Noted quite consistently they said, "Servers will be down", ONLY the servers.

So will the forums be down too?

Assume so... but you know the rest...

BadOrb
09.25.2012 , 03:34 PM | #18
Excellent glad I was wrong , I said early October. So all you altoholics remember to take screen shots of all your skill trees . Anyways , thanks for the update should be a lot of fun.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

jgoldsack
09.25.2012 , 03:34 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Noted quite consistently they said, "Servers will be down", ONLY the servers.

Assume so... but you know the rest...
Website is on a server too....
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

http://www.swtor.com/r/ycmWN7 <-- link for some free stuff!

Laurreth
09.25.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
That's one thing that really annoys me, they kill the entire infrastructure during most maintenance. Could at least show a Twitter feed with relevant messages on the notification page.