Scheduled Maintenance for Game Update 1.4: September 26th, 2012

CourtneyWoods

*UPDATE 7.45AM CDT: The maintenance window has been extended. We now expect maintenance to end at 10AM CDT (8AM PDT/11AM EDT/4PM BST/5PM CEST/1AM AEST).

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for six hours on Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 8AM CDT (6AM PDT/9AM EDT/2PM BST/3PM CEST/11PM AEST). All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours, but could be extended.

Travel to the Gree controlled planet of Asation, where you’ll join others in an intense series of battles leading up to a final face-off against an unyielding enemy. It’s up to your team to close the Ancient Hypergate, opened by the deadly and malicious Dread Masters, and destroy a galactic goliath before it destroys the galaxy! Learn more about Game Update 1.4 here!

After this maintenance is over, restart the game launcher to patch to Game Update 1.4.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Wednesday, September 26th, 2012

Time: 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) until 8AM CDT (6AM PDT/9AM EDT/2PM BST/3PM CEST/11PM AEST)

All game servers will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by TonyMoreno

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they fix the pre-1.4 augmentation kits issue? I didn't see it in patch notes. If not make sure you use any kits tonight as they may not work in the morning (newly crafted kits will work fine, so it's only a short term problem).

Also be wary on any mission drop schematics, you can use them and they will disappear even if you already know the schematic.

Companion CustomizationOptions

Now you can customize your Companion's outfit to match their chest piece and turn off their helmet with "Hide Head Slot", ensuringe they are dressed for success!

Typo ;)

Edited by Urael

I'm stoked for the update! I didn't get a chance to participate in the PTS, but I am very confident that the Devs will deliver.

On a side note, and not to complain, but has the length of the downtime(s) for any of these patches been explained? It seems to me that these updates would be prepared well before the actual time the servers are brought down - and all testing of said patch has been going on for weeks now. :rak_02:

If anyone can shed some light on the subject, I'd be more than grateful.

"This is unacceptable, how dare bioware do this, nasty norks" By now you should know im talking ironicly and have nothing but good things to say about you guys, Bioware dont change a thing, i bet the update will be a blast :D

You should have said "

!" :D

I guess everyone saw that coming. Having no normal maintenance this week was a dead giveaway. :D

On a side note, and not to complain, but has the length of the downtime(s) for any of these patches been explained?

They always take 6 hours (except the recent downtime for the server consolidation, which came in at around 12 hours (edit, and hopefully before too many people complain) there have also been shorter ones, but 6 hours is really the standard timeframe for routine maintenance). IIRC it was explained once on some Q&A or blog entry, with some hints to the time it takes to have a controlled shutdown, routine DB-, hard- and software maintenance (backups?), patch installation, quick QA run, etc. There's probably quite a bit of slack in there to account for some less-expected surprise features too.

All in all, I prefer a well-planned and issue free 6-hour downtime to a slapdash 3-hour job, and so far that seems to be working well :)

Edited by Laurreth