Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

BambulaGTS
09.26.2012 , 04:50 AM | #31
I like the US mentality about being good in what you do.

People there do strange challenges like speed eating tacos or spewing dead flies.

But no matter what legal thing you do, if you do it good - you have respect.

People, who play wz normal/rated/whatever good - respect.

Stupid noobs who never ever learn during play and never ever learn basics before signing on wz - disrespect, flame, calling names, cause they really deserve it.

Leafy_Bug
09.26.2012 , 06:01 AM | #32
I love PVP on TOFN, you sometimes have excellent games you enjoy them and eventhough you lose, you tell to your team heads up, dont be sad we did well. Then the one comment comes ' *&^%$ your mom, we sucked, l2p noob, etc'. I look at his stats and he was last

Ayslinn_Iduviel
09.26.2012 , 06:03 AM | #33
Even if I understand people get frustrated when other noobmates do silly things, trashtalking and insulting them won't change anything: you'll only get the atmosphere dark and uncomfortable for other ppl too that are doing their "job", not too mention that if you're typing you're not playing (or you're an octopus :P).

So if you really want to "help" them out, wait till the end of the WZ then whisper them with few hints: if they're just newbie goodwilled they'll treasure it and do the same thing with others in need; it's the typical "good chain".

Otherwise get accustomed to keep encountering silly noobs that'll ruin your game, make you angry and spoil the fun and relaxing moment that an MMO should do.

BambulaGTS
09.26.2012 , 06:15 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayslinn_Iduviel View Post
Even if I understand people get frustrated when other noobmates do silly things, trashtalking and insulting them won't change anything: you'll only get the atmosphere dark and uncomfortable for other ppl too that are doing their "job", not too mention that if you're typing you're not playing (or you're an octopus :P).

So if you really want to "help" them out, wait till the end of the WZ then whisper them with few hints: if they're just newbie goodwilled they'll treasure it and do the same thing with others in need; it's the typical "good chain".

Otherwise get accustomed to keep encountering silly noobs that'll ruin your game, make you angry and spoil the fun and relaxing moment that an MMO should do.
No. It is good thing that noobs being trashed to the ground and stop participating.

May be on some RP PvE server it could be acceptable. May be on 1-49 wzs while being 10-20 lvl newcomer.

But not on 50 lvl wzs on PvP server.

Warzones are competition, you share responsibility of outcome with your teammates. If you can not do well, if you are not ready for competition, just do not enter.

Ayslinn_Iduviel
09.26.2012 , 06:23 AM | #35
Well, i'm in a PVE server btw :P and anyway if you trashtalk or insult them and you get reported (happened to one of my guildmates and other ppl that i know), you'll get banned for at least 1 day (the first time, i don't know the second or third, they only "encourage" you via mail to do not do it again).

So i don't think it's worth the effort of insulting them, all considered.

Also, it's all about how you tell things to people: i prefer the "Sniper, go defend the node, your class it's static and good at it" than the "Hey NOOB, what are you doing?!??!? DEFEND NOOOB!"

Or "Tank, keep the turret because if they attack you we manage to reach you in time!" then "NOOOOB GO TO THE TURRETTT!! !!!! ARGH, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

etc.

I love the WW2 english motto "Keep calm and carry on."

It's one of my life meanings.

Missandei
09.26.2012 , 08:06 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayslinn_Iduviel View Post
Also, it's all about how you tell things to people: i prefer the "Sniper, go defend the node, your class it's static and good at it"
OMG.. are you serious? Putting a sniper to defend a node? The squishiest class in the game?
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Ayslinn_Iduviel
09.26.2012 , 08:11 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
OMG.. are you serious? Putting a sniper to defend a node? The squishiest class in the game?
You need more finesse in trolling. Anyway take it as an example and discuss your theory elsewhere, it's OT.