Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

unixbomber
09.25.2012 , 11:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
You'd have a better chance trying to convince the pope that god doesn't exist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1f3Hr03fQ

MatticusFinch
09.25.2012 , 11:53 AM | #12
I'm one who can sense that I've become more cynical in the warzones as I've played them more and more. I usually just rant about how "stupid" or "worthless" the perpetrators are on vent and don't type anything, except for the special individuals who I really can't stand. That being said, I fully support what the OP has said and am working on divorcing myself from being angry at, really what? A game? Not worth it.

I think the lowering of the daily requirement by 1 win (2 participations) will actually help difuse some aggression. Part of it is just the thought that you're wasting time fighting in a losing warzone. The less time commitment that it takes to finish that daily can only help mitigate this all the more.
Prophecy of the Five - RIVAL - The McAwesome Legacy
Billiejean | Guy | Freakygirl | Yojimba
Maul-wannabe | Vader-wannabe | Jane'bond | Zombor

Warem
09.25.2012 , 12:00 PM | #13
This can be a big problem. I sometimes see new people STATE they are new and some ****** replies when they ask for advice "Don't suck" to many LOLs. These are the same ******s who then ***** and moan the entire match because people "are terrible" and "it's the worst team I've seen in my life" etc etc.

Of course, taking charge of the team, giving specific directions and advise, helping out, trying to get them to improve, yeah those things are beyond these wannabes.

Add them to ignore, which should prevent you to cue up with them again.

Technohic
09.25.2012 , 12:13 PM | #14
I wouldn't mind turning off chat all together if it weren't for east, west, left, right, mid, south snow, or grass

Suggestion Box: Let me block all chat unless it has those words.

Master_Nate
09.25.2012 , 12:15 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warem View Post
Add them to ignore, which should prevent you to cue up with them again.
I so want this added into game....but I believe it only prevents you from joining OPs through the GF. I could be wrong though but I have been put on teams with people I have ignored in WZ so I know that it's still possible to be on their team in that situation.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo
The Harbinger

vimm
09.25.2012 , 03:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
I so want this added into game....but I believe it only prevents you from joining OPs through the GF. I could be wrong though but I have been put on teams with people I have ignored in WZ so I know that it's still possible to be on their team in that situation.
It wouldn't work for PvP, people leave and join games often, and there are 16 in each warzone. You think if you have someone on ignore, you should be able to prevent them from joining?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Master_Nate
09.25.2012 , 03:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
It wouldn't work for PvP, people leave and join games often, and there are 16 in each warzone. You think if you have someone on ignore, you should be able to prevent them from joining?
Nah, I realize it's not something they could really implement. Would be nice to have them to que against rather than on my team but I'm not too concerned about it. I would never put myself above someone else in regards to not allowing someone to que because I have them on ignore. I apologize for coming off in that manner too as it was not my intent. This would easily be abused by everyone and I realize that.

If there was a matchmaking system(not this threads purpose I know) in place then at least an ignore could be taken into affect but shouldn't prevent someone from joining if there is no other available game. Since there is no matchmaking system in game, it was more of a "selfish me" idea/joke but I'm wasn't trying to be really serious...considering what you posted and I would never want that ability as a player nor do I want anyone to have that power.

Sorry for confusion.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo
The Harbinger

UGLYMRJ
09.25.2012 , 03:24 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
It would be nice...

Until some troll figured out that he could ignore damn near the entire fleet and block tons of people from WZ's.

Master_Nate
09.25.2012 , 03:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
It would be nice...

Until some troll figured out that he could ignore damn near the entire fleet and block tons of people from WZ's.
LOL, yeah....pretty much what I just posted right before you. What I wrote came out wrong because it was a comment on someone elses idea and I went off in la la land with it on my own escapade without first explaining what I really meant by it . Since the topic didn't really fit I just posted it without much explanation and thought. I'm an idiot but what I wrote wasn't EXACTLY the whole situation or explanation.

Regardless, bad idea is bad....my fault

/wave
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo
The Harbinger

UGLYMRJ
09.25.2012 , 03:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
LOL, yeah....pretty much what I just posted right before you. What I wrote came out wrong because it was a comment on someone elses idea and I went off in la la land with it on my own escapade without first explaining what I really meant by it . Since the topic didn't really fit I just posted it without much explanation and thought. I'm an idiot but what I wrote wasn't EXACTLY the whole situation or explanation.

Regardless, bad idea is bad....my fault

/wave
Dude... I love the idea... I just wish there was some way to implement it.

I would gladly wait for longer queue times in order to prevent being teamed with certain players.