Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please maintain maturity and civility in Warzones!

tatatan
09.25.2012 , 08:10 AM | #1
Hi guys & gals,
as Subject says, please stay polite and if your teammates do mistakes due to being fresh 50 rank rookies in recruit gear, point out the mistake, or even better, lead and manage the team.
By leading i mean like directing ppl to defend etc, but screams like "F***ing NOOB what the f**k you do there" is not helping.
I'm full WH, 83 valor and in last warzone - after 2 guys started being rude, (after some rookies didnt call soon enough and we lost nod) i just merely pointed something like:
" Guys, why don't you play in rateds if these pug rookies make you such angry ..?"
and answer was like"
"**** NOOB"
I had to laugh, these guys are really hillarious, dont they?

Anyway my point is, these WH dressed sissies like to play *against* PUG rookies (probably ++ to their epeen stroking), but don't like to play *with* them.

So my message is, please be patient, if you start being rude, you're not helping, you only get in ignore lists (at least mine) and you got sticker on your virtual forehead 'sissypeen'

cycao
09.25.2012 , 08:13 AM | #2
Asking people to be polite...are you trying to break the internet?

AngusFTW
09.25.2012 , 08:14 AM | #3
You'd have a better chance trying to convince the pope that god doesn't exist.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

ranscow
09.25.2012 , 08:19 AM | #4
I guess I'm lucky, but I don't see very many folks being rude in my WZs.

Master_Nate
09.25.2012 , 08:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by tatatan View Post
Hi guys & gals,
as Subject says, please stay polite and if your teammates do mistakes due to being fresh 50 rank rookies in recruit gear, point out the mistake, or even better, lead and manage the team.
By leading i mean like directing ppl to defend etc, but screams like "F***ing NOOB what the f**k you do there" is not helping.
I'm full WH, 83 valor and in last warzone - after 2 guys started being rude, (after some rookies didnt call soon enough and we lost nod) i just merely pointed something like:
" Guys, why don't you play in rateds if these pug rookies make you such angry ..?"
and answer was like"
"**** NOOB"
I had to laugh, these guys are really hillarious, dont they?

Anyway my point is, these WH dressed sissies like to play *against* PUG rookies (probably ++ to their epeen stroking), but don't like to play *with* them.

So my message is, please be patient, if you start being rude, you're not helping, you only get in ignore lists (at least mine) and you got sticker on your virtual forehead 'sissypeen'
I'm right there with you. I got singled out for the first time....well since ever the other day in a VS. I'm healing, minding my own business on West and I see the health bars quite clearly. I see the solo guard of east losing health so I decide to make the transition since West is clearing out with one or two opponents left. During said transition, I get into combat in the middle before making my way to East. By this time the guy who was defending it had died.

Once I engage I am slowed, I still start moving towards door to interrupt with my auto run on, as I'm trying to type out East. By this time, it is too late. Funny part to me is, the guy who was solo defended and died, never came back. He actually dropped down to West when I was typing out east....

So since i was the closest to the door I get full on blame. I suppose it was easier for this guild to start laying it thick since they assumed they were doing their role as a group. They were, i wouldn't say otherwise, but use your common sense. See the transition and move, everyone expects perfect call outs always and you shouldn't. Monitor the situation and be aware, and mistakes can be avoided. So yes, I'll take the blame for not calling out EAST as soon as the guy took damage....I'll take the blame for attempting to prevent the cap.....I'll even take the blame for being too competent

From this moment on, the team ran through us. The guild I was grouped with, some team I never even seen in a WZ before so i assume a merger of late, kept complaining about this and that about baddies and blah blah. I was even told my "talking privileges had been stripped". Honestly, clowns like this are everywhere online, I can't even take them seriously at this point.

Needless to say, my ignore list got a little bigger and we lost the game. Again, I'll take the blame for not doing someone elses job in calling out an inc I'm not even guarding but just AWARE of simply because I watch health bars as a healer. However, I won't tolerate stupid feedback from some random **** on the internet. I won't even go into what happened when we were on Attacking Team, just imagine playing the game with a 3 year old group while being hit in the back of the head.

RESPECT OTHERS!! I know....asking too much here
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Eillack
09.25.2012 , 08:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Asking people to be polite...are you trying to break the internet?
Haha.

OP, I like your intensions, but there is a better chance of peace in the Middle East.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

vimm
09.25.2012 , 08:54 AM | #7
How can you maintain something that isn't there to begin with?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Technohic
09.25.2012 , 09:14 AM | #8
When it is bad enough to get people worked up in sub-50 PvP which is largely there for getting comms and XP, and an abstract version of practice; I have high doubts you will ever get the rude comments out of the level 50 "serious" pvp matches.

DarthOvertone
09.25.2012 , 10:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
When it is bad enough to get people worked up in sub-50 PvP which is largely there for getting comms and XP, and an abstract version of practice; I have high doubts you will ever get the rude comments out of the level 50 "serious" pvp matches.
This is what I find most amusing. I have seen enough rage and QQ to last a lifetime in the LWZs and they are the place where winning matters least.

Some peeps are clowns. Some peeps are bad. There is just no avoiding it in LWZs or NWZs. If you don't want to hear someone b*tch or be rude, just add them to /ignore.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
I See Your Schwartz Is As Big As Mine!

Ridickilis
09.25.2012 , 10:56 AM | #10
Actually I wouldn't recommend placing anyone on ignore if you plan of pugging for pvp. Yeah, sure, you'll still hear their crap but you won't see a call and then get called a lot worse for not responding to said call by the rest of your team. The last thing anyone wants to hear is "I didn't see the call because I had the guy on ignore". That or the guy solo defending a node who posts in chat "112341er523125q"

To the OP, sometimes it's best just to let the guy blow off steam rather than question his choice of words in the middle of the WZ. You could even take it a step further to diffuse the situation by taking some responsibility off the newbie and onto yourself, even if you had nothing to do with the mistake. Something like "sorry guys, I didn't peel fast enough to bail him out". Being valor rank 83 I imagine you have seen quite a bit of WZ's by now to not even need a call. By stating something like that not only will that newbie be grateful but you are also calling out the "ops chat hero" for needing a call himself without saying as much.

I would also like to admit that I stopped clicking and keyboard turning because of ops chat. I had no idea what keyboard turning was way back when, I thought it was something like "you are so bad you must be playing with your keyboard upside down" Only after googling the term did I immediately start moving with the mouse and got keybound. So even when someone is being less than pleasant, there is usually a good piece of advise hidden in the flame. Doesn't make it right, but try looking at it from the other d00d's perspective.