Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is really up with the Hutts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What is really up with the Hutts?

CFourPO
03.08.2012 , 09:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Djevelen View Post
Now noting i read that book in the 90s, but if i remember correctly, that guy was more like a big snake than the typical Hutts we are used to.

I mean, it is a good question, but kinda like asking 'how could humans have conquered the earth?" when you've only seen humans at Walmart.

Xanikk
03.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #22
The problem I find with hutts having power is that they are not particularly charasmatic and are totally self serving and too greedy.

Look at despots throughout history in real life. In order to maintain power you HAD to satisfy the military. You can't just rule with fear and money. If you don't satisfy your military they will turn on you. It happened with the roman emperors, it happened to modern day despots. There is no avoiding this.

Seeing as hutts are greedy and indulgent I find it hard to beileve they satisfy anyone but themselves. I have also never seen hutt foot soldiers so they apparently always seem to be terrible un-charasmatic leaders with no visions.

It's hard to imagine they command so much power and respect given these circumstances.

kaczuszka
03.08.2012 , 04:16 PM | #23
well they have their empire and all that but i actually don't know

Anitayourtears
03.08.2012 , 04:40 PM | #24
Hutts don't have feet.

Show some respect.