Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is really up with the Hutts?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What is really up with the Hutts?

Supahhappy
12.20.2011 , 01:59 PM | #11
And like another poster said, they can move pretty fast when they are young. They are strong and fit at first, but most hutts gorge themselves into a giant fat blob as a status symbol once they rise to power.
Has lost all faith in BioWare since EA has gutted them and stole their soul. Will never buy another game from this shell of its former self.

Djevelen
03.05.2012 , 06:07 PM | #12
Mórd, Skrek and Símo
Guild: Shadow Academy // Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd
"Healers, I will look for you, I will find you. And I will kill you.”

ToEasy
03.05.2012 , 08:35 PM | #13
There was a hutt jedi once that turned to the darkside.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

ReiKai
03.05.2012 , 08:50 PM | #14
In KotoR when discovering about the Rakata, it was said that the Hutts were one of the first major powers in the galaxy, though they never formed an Empire. The Hutts built up their power base thousands of years ago in the Outer Rim and they have maintained it all this time. That's one of the reasons they are so powerful. While they may wrestle over control of territories with each other, they have kept their collective power base and worlds under their control the entire time. They may distrust everyone, including each other, but unlike Sith they don't ever really lose ground. When one Hutt leader dies, his territories are either taken by the winner or divided amongst the Hutt Cartels. Everything keeps a delicate balance at the edge of a blaster.

The Hutt Cartels aren't so different from the Republic, except that it's mostly criminals and mercenaries. They don't care who you are or what you did, so long as you recognize their power and authority and pay tribute. Hutts are notorious gangsters and that has helped maintain their hold within the Outer Rim for thousands of years. They are firmly established and embedded within the Outer Rim territories, such that the Republic has never challenged them, and even when Palpatine rose to power as Emperor, he himself did not try and acquire the Hutts territories, either because it'd be too much of a pain or because it was unnecessary to do so. Easier to just pay them to keep to themselves than start a war.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

JCommando
03.05.2012 , 09:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
They aren't really slow or weak. Read the Wookieepedia article about them:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hutt

In summary, they can move in bursts of speed using the singular large muscle that acts as their "foot" (they are gastropods). Their skin makes them resistant to blaster fire, fire, and saber strikes. They are immune to many chemical and biological toxins, diseases, and poisons. They are immune to force mind tricks. Can see a wider range of the EM Spectrum than many creatures. They are indigestible by large predators. They can regenerate body parts. It is believed that some Hutts possess multiple brains. And they can live upwards of 1000 years.

I was hoping Hutt would be a playable race, but I see why they didn't that. I was also hoping you could play as a droid, but that didn't happen either.
They also have two brains. If one side of their head gets blown off it can heal back within a few hundred years without mentally crippling them.
Daltron Hellfire Ω Lord of the Sith
Death Star PR Department
Keller's Void
I like Darth Nox. He uses teh force and doesn't afraid of anything.

RixoFutu
03.06.2012 , 07:54 AM | #16
And as in real life - for example politics, they aren't fast, strong, enought smart (Hutt's are) and still they have much power

sexualwonka
03.06.2012 , 09:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by RixoFutu View Post
And as in real life - for example politics, they aren't fast, strong, enought smart (Hutt's are) and still they have much power
LMAO Perfect example!

Cordarn
03.06.2012 , 09:56 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jonklon View Post
seriously what do they have going for them that i dont see?

what i mean is WHY do they have so much power? they are slow and fat, doesnt appear THAT smart, no notable usage of the force (that we have seen in the films atleast), and those tiny arms arent able to wield any weapons really.

so can someone please tell me why these pathetic giga-snails became the rulers of the underworld?
Credits, and the power to turn into a panda.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

greyfoxsylux
03.06.2012 , 10:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Pwny_Express View Post
They aren't really slow or weak. Read the Wookieepedia article about them:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hutt

In summary, they can move in bursts of speed using the singular large muscle that acts as their "foot" (they are gastropods). Their skin makes them resistant to blaster fire, fire, and saber strikes. They are immune to many chemical and biological toxins, diseases, and poisons. They are immune to force mind tricks. Can see a wider range of the EM Spectrum than many creatures. They are indigestible by large predators. They can regenerate body parts. It is believed that some Hutts possess multiple brains. And they can live upwards of 1000 years.

I was hoping Hutt would be a playable race, but I see why they didn't that. I was also hoping you could play as a droid, but that didn't happen either.
They're apparently not immune to being choked on the chains attached to their slave girls :3
May the light of the Khala and the dark of the Void always be with you. En Taro Adun!
Templar Raider Lieutenant Grey Fox Sylux

Spartanik
03.06.2012 , 01:27 PM | #20
well they are fearsome, imo, they bough hutta from the evocaii and then enslave them... that need to count for something lol.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.