Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Did I hear this right?


fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
12.08.2012 , 02:45 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellianshia View Post
As long as they don't make us pay for that extra content, I'm fine with that. It would be the final nail in the coffin for me if they ask us to buy SGRs.
Doubtful- they likely will make f2p pay for the content- including the companion, not unlike they did with HK.

If you're a sub I doubt you'll have to pay for anything until there's an expansion with level cap increase.

fabiyun's Avatar


fabiyun
12.08.2012 , 11:25 AM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Sounds more like a "we have no idea because we haven't even discussed it yet" to me. "We will let you know when we confirm whether we are confirming this. Or not." Please. Not sure why BW-Austin is so afraid of "the gays" after all the success BW-Edmonton has had with being an inclusive developer and building a relationship with this part of the community but enough is enough. If BW-Austin want to continue building a reputation of exclusion and discrimination fine, I'll just go elsewhere.

I'm pretty much giving up on BW-Austin at this point. They've made what should have been a complete non-issue and the content simply included from the start into a mountain of an issue that requires contacting LGBT groups just to get a confirmation that they don't have any confirmations. Ridiculous.
I think the same way about that comment. It sounds like they still need to discuss it, but they'll let us know when that happens. I'm not pleased with this response. It certainly doesn't sound like it will come with Makeb, or even with story content.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 02:39 PM | #503
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
I think the same way about that comment. It sounds like they still need to discuss it, but they'll let us know when that happens. I'm not pleased with this response. It certainly doesn't sound like it will come with Makeb, or even with story content.
From the sound of it it is so far in the distant future that I'm beginning to understand why they won't answer any questions about. All it is at the moment is a bullet point on a white board somewhere if even that. These guys really dropped the ball. This should have been in the game day 1. A year later and its still no where on the horizon.

Guess I don't really have any choice then except to join the over a million people that have left this game behind for good. BW just couldn't deliver.

Revanchis's Avatar


Revanchis
12.08.2012 , 02:59 PM | #504
The reason for that is that they're inexperienced with making MMO's. This game really should have been a proper RPG from the get go.

When this feature does come around I may even come back for it.

Ellianshia's Avatar


Ellianshia
12.08.2012 , 03:14 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
The reason for that is that they're inexperienced with making MMO's. This game really should have been a proper RPG from the get go.

When this feature does come around I may even come back for it.
I doubt I would if they keep dragging their feet. At this point, it's more a case of being disappointed in the company altogether, having been a firm supporter of their products up until this point. I wouldn't have minded being told that they changed their mind... as long as they went and told us. The silence coming from them is deafening, even though there was the promise of "this year".

Fine, plans changed, you lost funding, you lost developers, etc, etc, etc. Be responsible and go ahead and let us actually know what's happening so we can plan accordingly.

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 04:46 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellianshia View Post
I doubt I would if they keep dragging their feet. At this point, it's more a case of being disappointed in the company altogether, having been a firm supporter of their products up until this point. I wouldn't have minded being told that they changed their mind... as long as they went and told us. The silence coming from them is deafening, even though there was the promise of "this year".
The thing to remember is BW-Austin (makers of SW:TOR) isn't BW-Edmonton (ME, DA, KOTOR, BG). Yes indeed BW-Edmonton is a firm supporter of the GLBT community and have developed a strong line of products that have been made with the idea that being inclusive is a good thing.

BW-Austin however has shown pretty clearly they are not an inclusive developer and have so far shown no support or any interest in developing a good relationship with the GLBT community. The Austin division simply has different guiding principles than the Edmonton group.

I think we are all just barking up the wrong tree here. BW-Austin clearly isn't listening.

chimex's Avatar


chimex
12.08.2012 , 09:02 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
The thing to remember is BW-Austin (makers of SW:TOR) isn't BW-Edmonton (ME, DA, KOTOR, BG). Yes indeed BW-Edmonton is a firm supporter of the GLBT community and have developed a strong line of products that have been made with the idea that being inclusive is a good thing.

BW-Austin however has shown pretty clearly they are not an inclusive developer and have so far shown no support or any interest in developing a good relationship with the GLBT community. The Austin division simply has different guiding principles than the Edmonton group.

I think we are all just barking up the wrong tree here. BW-Austin clearly isn't listening.
I do see where you're coming from, your point is solid. I have bo bark against you. You seem to be a person who places the facts infront themselves.

My argument against this point is thus:

Say you had a McDonalds (heaven forbid lol) and the store in your area pledged NOtTto serve anything with bacon/fish or lamb. The local public would be disgraced, no?
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 10:48 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
I do see where you're coming from, your point is solid. I have bo bark against you. You seem to be a person who places the facts infront themselves.

My argument against this point is thus:

Say you had a McDonalds (heaven forbid lol) and the store in your area pledged NOtTto serve anything with bacon/fish or lamb. The local public would be disgraced, no?
Oh I think they absolutely should be serving up the sames things here, but the fact is they aren't. Those of us who came here expecting a true Bioware game with all the expectations that come along with that are simply going to be disappointed with the BW-Austin team's attempt at making one.

amnie's Avatar


amnie
12.08.2012 , 11:12 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Oh I think they absolutely should be serving up the sames things here, but the fact is they aren't. Those of us who came here expecting a true Bioware game with all the expectations that come along with that are simply going to be disappointed with the BW-Austin team's attempt at making one.
maybe instead of contacting GLAAD we should have contacted Bioware Edmond first then, but I doubt that would have changed anything. I know we all don't really want to hear this, but fact remains EA can basically just drag people away from other companies and have them work under the name 'Bioware' all of a sudden. granted there are people working (or have been working) on TOR that also worked on previous 'actual Bioware' games, but in the end this is an 'EA' game more than anything.

that in itself doesn't mean anything, though, when you think about how The Sims is one of the best selling gaming series ever. and unlike a game with 'story' like TOR does, in the sims gender gets addressed zero times. (well, expect maybe the fact that without mods you can't get male character pregnant...)

so for now we can just hope that people at Bioware Austin will wake up, and our worst fears are not true. I can honestly hardly stomach the idea that we have to wait 'a lot longer' for something that - as you said - should have been in this game from the start.

and in this regard we can all just repeat it so much:

it's not about wanting same sex romance in an MMO

it's about wanting same sex romance in an MMO that has opposite sex romance.

Ketchum's Avatar


Ketchum
12.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #510
I'm not opposed to romancing the opposite gender in this game just for the fun of it, but it's all only for the fun of it. Like I'm teasing my companion, only to shove them out an airlock after I get max affection with them.

That said, some of the OGRomances are pretty damn creepy. Take Nadia for the Consular. She's barely out of her teens, and she feels so much younger than that. I wouldn't romance her if she gave me free purple crystals. Same with Ashara for Inquisitors.
Murder and mayhem await