Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did I hear this right?

ImperialSun
11.08.2012 , 10:06 AM | #361
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
How exactly do you not see romances as part of story. That's an indelible fact. Having more romances with companions allows you to view them from another lense. Just because you only think of story as the linear main plot doesn't make all the other details insignificant.

Personally another aspect I'd love to see brought into this game is party banter, but that's neither here nor there.
I guess I am thinking of story as in the fourth pillar of the game and purtaining to immersive, high quality cut-scenes with well written dialogue and professional voice acting, strung together in a manner that moves your game experience forwards.

As far as I understand it, if they are added to the game, SGRs will comprise some additional dialogue and flirt options on the dialogue wheel followed by a fade to black....I don't consider that to be the same fourth pillar type story content as it is with class quest story etc.

I agree completely on the party banter...one of my favourite things about DAO was listening to the party banter and little arguements as I wondered around the game world....I would class party banter and SGRs as immersion but not story perse.

Driz

CommunitySupport
11.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #362
Hi everyone. We've had to remove a large number of posts from this thread for violating our Rules of Conduct. Please remember that personal attacks and discussions of real-world social and political issues are not permitted on the forums. It is perfectly fine to state whether or not you want a feature in the game, but resorting to personal attacks or bringing up debates about social issues is not appropriate.

utio
11.10.2012 , 06:02 AM | #363
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinzouningen View Post
When you mention a majority of players not doing flashpoints ( even if its stats from bioware) youre missing the fact that those players are gone. I was one of them. Made a 50 trooper with 6 days early play, and most of dec and i was all about missions and flashpoints.

The other guys that joined me from other games were more into flashpoints than anything else. When you do them a few times..well you dont want to keep doing the same ones. Youre hoping they add more content. Youre hoping they support players who love their character and want to do more with that 1 character.

That brings me to this. The assumption that those players would want to make alts. Almost like saying well youve done all you can do with that 1 guy..go do warzones with em. Other than that make 7 alts. I made 2 within that time and neither one made it to 25. Its like asking bioware to no longer try to get more subscribers or just give up on those hardcore type guys who also pay money. But instead ....hey we are all you have so dont try to do anything eye catching anymore.
I wasnt talking about flashpoints, but I know what you mean. They should, of course, keep adding to endgame content. All added content is good, even if some players don't want it. As for your comment about alts, this game is focused around story, and I would assume making alts to see that story is what bioware expected to happen.
PROPER SPACE COMBAT PLEASE

Captain_Zone
11.11.2012 , 11:42 AM | #364
This is a BioWare game, for those who have forgotten. If you've played any BioWare games before, you know this much is true: BioWare does Storytelling, and they do it very very well. BioWare also has a habit of putting SGRs into their games, to the point where it's now expected and accepted. If you're not into that part, you don't have to play that part. It's simple, folks. For those who are dead set against it, don't pick the SGR flirt options when they get put in. It's not like anyone is going to force you to do it. The ESRB has already stated that SGR content is treated exactly the same as OGR content, as far as ratings go, so that's a non-issue.

If this is your first BioWare game, then get used to these facts about them. I just hope they make Kira available for a female Knight.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Ketchum
11.11.2012 , 12:19 PM | #365
Since the other thread was locked and this is allowed to be open for the time being, I'll put my say in simple and upfront:

I don't care about your ops or warzones or flashpoints just as much as you don't care about my SGRA's, but the thing is that this is and has always been a story-based game, and SGRA's are part of the story. That's what I play this game for, and all your "updates" and "fixes" that need to happen before the story are your own opinions. What this game needs is more story added to it before it caters to the player base the game wasn't meant for.

Revanchis
11.13.2012 , 06:04 PM | #366
I wonder if Bioware will ever choose to answer this question. I mean this thread has only been here for like a few months now.

Comstrike
11.13.2012 , 06:06 PM | #367
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
I wonder if Bioware will ever choose to answer this question. I mean this thread has only been here for like a few months now.
Trust me when I say: No.

This is white noise, one of a dozen topics like Space Combat, paid server transfers, etc, which do not get answered.
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

filipesantana
11.13.2012 , 07:03 PM | #368
close it..SGRO do not belong in video games..

chuixupu
11.13.2012 , 08:17 PM | #369
EA: "In short, we do put options for same-sex relationships in our games."

Move along.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Shingara
11.13.2012 , 08:28 PM | #370
Im starting to worry about them keeping there word and ducking out of it through fancy footwork, they said within the year which to everyone means 2012 but i can see them spinning it to say this year means a year from when they stated it last.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731