Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did I hear this right?

Kioma
10.01.2012 , 08:10 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Glowrod View Post
If they add this, and don't give me an option to disable it, I'll probably quit the game.
Well, that's your choice. You can simply ignore it, though.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

CommunitySupport
10.01.2012 , 08:56 AM | #162
Everyone, we have had to remove a great number of posts from this thread and issue several infractions. Real-world political and social arguments and insults are never permitted on the forums. Any further posts in this thread that violate these rules will be infracted. The topic of this thread is to request information about a particular statement. It is fine to express your thoughts on this topic, but doing it in a way that is disrespectful to other forum members or initiates or continues debates about social issues is not appropriate.

ObiJuanShenobi
10.02.2012 , 12:29 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by odericko View Post
Same gender romance.
The instant you cleared that up, is the instant I lost interest in this thread. Thanks! Of all things this game needs to be better, this is the one people get excited for...
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Nidza
10.02.2012 , 12:49 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by odericko View Post
Same gender romance.
No thanks,that would be awful and I know of many who would unsub if that would happen.

Uluain
10.02.2012 , 12:59 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
Everyone, we have had to remove a great number of posts from this thread and issue several infractions. Real-world political and social arguments and insults are never permitted on the forums. Any further posts in this thread that violate these rules will be infracted. The topic of this thread is to request information about a particular statement. It is fine to express your thoughts on this topic, but doing it in a way that is disrespectful to other forum members or initiates or continues debates about social issues is not appropriate.
Thanks for the clean-up and also for restoring the thread.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
No thanks,that would be awful and I know of many who would unsub if that would happen.
I am afraid you misunderstand what is going on with this. It was announced by BioWare well over a year ago now that same-gender companion romance just like the possible romances currently available with opposite-gender companions would be coming as a game feature at some point post launch. That isn't in doubt. It isn't an "if that happens", it's a "when that happens".

We don't know a lot about that "when", however. Last March, we were told from a developer panel at the Guild Summit that same-gender romances would be coming some time this year in connection with other story content. There has been no clear word since.

This is where Gabe Amatangelo's remark in the Gamescom interview becomes more important than he may have realized at the time it is the first (and, at this time, only statement any developer has made since the March update on the status of this content. But because Gabe qualified his comment by expressing his uncertainty, I am simply asking whether those in the know would clarify whether, in fact, SGRs are coming with Makeb or not.

RAVM
10.02.2012 , 01:02 PM | #166
People putting up their youtube vids of their male character kissing male companions or NPCs is not going to help this game's reputation.

Oyranos
10.02.2012 , 02:05 PM | #167
the only naughty conversations I ve experienced in the game, is with smuggler... I made sex almost with all the quest giver ladies... so easy and much.. Jedis are so cheesy in that aspect.

so, other than that.. even if they add same gender romance... its nothing special... except if ur smuggler and u hunt down the entire world...to do bad things.. lol I also hope they add scenes.

As for those who say its not a story based thing... It doesnt have to, as u dont play as luke or yoda or any actors script... it is just a unique named character in a specific class and maybe with different likes, so that is not relevant.. Its just an excuse because you dont want it...

So what about one more addition... a priest screaming in the republic and the empire about it Is going to be even more funny

Anyway... the topic title is a bit confusing.. I thought it was something..Well, other than that.. And when u type SGS, please explain, I had to read further down and then see the video to get the meaning of it.

Uluain
10.02.2012 , 02:45 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Oyranos View Post
Anyway... the topic title is a bit confusing.. I thought it was something..Well, other than that.. And when u type SGS, please explain, I had to read further down and then see the video to get the meaning of it.
I wanted to chose a non-inflammatory title that was to the point that is, to focus on the uncertainty of the statement I wish to have clarified. As it is, the thread is prone to occasional derailment anyway. If I had actually mentioned same-gender content in the title, it would have been exponentially worse.

As for the acronym, I apologize. Just as in game one sees abbreviations being used for ops, warzones and flashpoints in the expecatation that players will already know what they mean, I have been discussing the implementation of this content for so long that I had lost sight of the fact that SGRs (same-gender romances or same-gender relationships) was not a term familiar to most.

You make an interesting point about romantic content in the game right now that it is more frequently encountered simply as conversational [Flirt] prompts with mission-related NPCs than with companion characters. The promised same-gender content, however, has only ever been mentioned by BioWare in connection with companion character stories.

While I have made another thread on the possibility of same-gender [Flirt] prompts, these have never been addressed one way or another by BioWare. Gabe's mention in the interview linkined in my original post refers to companion romances only. I am sorry if I was unclear on any of this. It is sometimes hard to recall what is or is not widely known.

Aelrail
10.02.2012 , 02:50 PM | #169
I do not agree with this and hopefully will never be implemented.
Bounty Hunter Rakshak - Shield Tech - 55
Sith Warrior Jorxen - Carnage - 55
Imperial SoulTakers Guild - Jedi Covenant server (US East)
CE Owner

losdia
10.02.2012 , 02:55 PM | #170
This post may end up getting blasted, but let me try to help out the mods and anyone new to this conversion by explaining where the mods are coming from with their rules on this. Over on the thread about this in Story and Lore we've had a long time to figure out where the lines are in talking about this.

Quote: Originally Posted by CommunitySupport View Post
That means it is okay to post "do not want" type messages as long as you aren't excessively dismissive (I.E. "This is stupid, who would want it.") or crude in doing so. There is a degree to which it is okay to talk about your feelings on how adding SGR would negatively effect the game, but remember to keep your tone civil or your post will get deleted. Try to keep everything friendly and you should be fine. Just remember there are people who do care about this and some of them are devs.

What is not okay to do is compare SGR to any other RL issues such as race, religion, or RL politics of sexuality. This is basically seen as trolling by the mods. Even if it is just a rhetorical point, it is not something the mods view as acceptable. There are too many strong feeling about RL politics on sexuality, and the mods do not want them brought into this conversation. Doing so is what will get you infractions. Also, treating SGR as something kinky is likely to get you in trouble. There has been no comment that SGR will be any more explicit than the current romances and that argument carries unfortunate implications that can bring RL politics into this. This isn't just something that applies to people posting negative comments either. Pro-SGR comments are not acceptable if they talk about views on sexuality in RL politics. This is not the place for that sort of debate.

So, does anyone think we're ever going to get anything official from BW announcing content that is, apparently, coming in patch 1.5, or are we going to have to wait for the patch notes?
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA