Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Single Player

Kmanq
09.24.2012 , 04:32 PM | #1
I suggest that you should create a new server that gives the people who don't care about Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic missions a single-player experience of the game. It would be for people who just want to play the storyline and not socialize.

KurganNazzir
09.24.2012 , 04:39 PM | #2
We already have this, on every server, so I'm not sure what you're asking for. If you don't care about socializing, turn off chat and just go about doing your quests. If your issue is seeing other players, you'd have the same problem with your proposal.

Glowrod
09.24.2012 , 04:40 PM | #3
Don't they basically have that now? Any server can act in that capacity. Unsubscribe from all of the chat channels, set your settings to auto-decline groups and don't take group missions.

What would the benefit be for creating a special server that locks you in?

VIP Lounge Member

Oyranos
09.25.2012 , 08:37 AM | #4
The problem is that BIOWARE follows what wow did... when u get 50, there is nothing more than fps ops and pvp.. all with tokens.

So people who are solo and want to evolve as solo, normally quit.. The OP probably means that, to be able live inside swtor world without being forced in this borring stuff in daily bases...

They just have to add 2-3 more play styles, for those who love solo, for those who love to create and built and for those who love to explore and be more dare... its true that after 50, all soloers have to quit their solo and or find a guild and get into the rutine or quit.

Its not only swtor like that, all mmos are like that, except the latest one that got 3-4 play styles... but this have to change if they want people play the game for a long time... Hopefully companies looking at it and we may see it in swtor in the feature. Raiding and pvp only is not my thing also... In a world.. I imagine totally different the world in swtor after level 50...

Glowrod
09.25.2012 , 09:00 AM | #5
WoW did those things so much that they ruined it for me, and I would bet that it was ruined for a lot of others as well. I currently have NO desire to do Dailies, or participate in PUGs. Consequently, when my toon reaches 50, I stop playing it and roll another. Life for me ends at 50. If they find a way to keep playing at 50 that doesn't involve groups or dailies, I might keep playing at 50, but it would have to be fun.

VIP Lounge Member

psandak
09.25.2012 , 09:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Oyranos View Post
So people who are solo and want to evolve as solo, normally quit.
Isn't that what happens in a single player games anyway - you play, you finish, you quit or start over.

Oyranos
09.25.2012 , 10:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
Isn't that what happens in a single player games anyway - you play, you finish, you quit or start over.
Soloers imagine their game differently. as an mmo... To be explorers, to be able compete others with different ways, without guilds / raids / dailys and tokens..

I dont speak about single player games, that have a start and an end to it... MMOs are virtual worlds with virtual communitys... And I ve said that before, in another post... Communitys apart from different people, lonely ones, social ones, freaks... explorers, etc...

So mmos should support all kind of people likes, or else.. no money no honey.

I want crafting, with such a way, to be equally hard to gain as the high end instanses, I need deplomacy, wars between players, aliances.. these things missing.. I hate tokens.. I dont want to do the same things all over to get tokens, I dont want epic vendors for my stuff.. I hope u get the point.. I cannot suggest bioware to remove this things for a different style of gaming..

Simply they can balance it... give different style of plays and people will choose what they want to be and they way they want to do it.

Mithros
09.25.2012 , 12:18 PM | #8
You can do different things now.

Now you can ask for more, and that's fine. I don't know many people that wouldn't support the game having more things to do (not just at endgame, but all along the way), but there are things to do.

I know that some guilds host speeder races that other players can enter.

Plenty of people just RP.

You can always go back to the different planets and explore (the codex entries actually encourage this behavior, as they give you different things to discover on each planet).

You can craft until you have unlocked every schematic in the game.

Space missions are always an option.

And, of course, you can just re-roll and play through a different game story.

Sure, being able to play some pazaak would be nice. An organized swoop/pod race system might be fun. A bunch of things could be added.

But there is no reason to restrict such things to some sort of 'solo' server.

And Bioware can't just give you wars between players and guilds/alliance because you want them to.
That is on the players.

You want a war between alliances? Then find yourself a guild, get in touch with an opposite faction guild, and set up a guild war.

You want diplomacy? Bioware has included diplomacy missions in the game.
If that is not enough, then start talking with members of that other faction that you are at war with. Or maybe you can serve as a mediator between two factions that are at war with each other and help them come to terms.

You want a crafting challenge? Then work to unlock every schematic that your crafting skill has. Not just the ones that yuou can find, not just every possible purple discovered by REing every possible blue until you learn them all, but everything.
I seriously doubt that you know every possible schematic for your craft. I doubt that anyone does.
Otherwise, crafting was never intended to be a major undertaking.

But again, most of this stuff isn't on Bioware. It's on you.
Mandatory referral link. Feel free to use it. It's free stuff.

Beta Squadron 157. The pixel lives on in our hearts.

Kmanq
09.25.2012 , 03:38 PM | #9
My problem is that I don't want people running around while I try to kill enough of a certain enemy or destroy certain things. I have to wait for those things to respawn and that that is really annoying.

Oyranos
09.25.2012 , 06:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
You can do different things now.

Now you can ask for more, and that's fine. I don't know many people that wouldn't support the game having more things to do (not just at endgame, but all along the way), but there are things to do.

I know that some guilds host speeder races that other players can enter.

Plenty of people just RP.

You can always go back to the different planets and explore (the codex entries actually encourage this behavior, as they give you different things to discover on each planet).

You can craft until you have unlocked every schematic in the game.

Space missions are always an option.

And, of course, you can just re-roll and play through a different game story.

Sure, being able to play some pazaak would be nice. An organized swoop/pod race system might be fun. A bunch of things could be added.

But there is no reason to restrict such things to some sort of 'solo' server.

And Bioware can't just give you wars between players and guilds/alliance because you want them to.
That is on the players.

You want a war between alliances? Then find yourself a guild, get in touch with an opposite faction guild, and set up a guild war.

You want diplomacy? Bioware has included diplomacy missions in the game.
If that is not enough, then start talking with members of that other faction that you are at war with. Or maybe you can serve as a mediator between two factions that are at war with each other and help them come to terms.

You want a crafting challenge? Then work to unlock every schematic that your crafting skill has. Not just the ones that yuou can find, not just every possible purple discovered by REing every possible blue until you learn them all, but everything.
I seriously doubt that you know every possible schematic for your craft. I doubt that anyone does.
Otherwise, crafting was never intended to be a major undertaking.

But again, most of this stuff isn't on Bioware. It's on you.
everything you say is cool, but there is no point to get all the crafts, bioware following the method of tokens and stuff.. destroys the essence of crafting also using the crafts.. Only augments, mods, spaceship parts and thats it.

there is no point to wonder around while others become overpowered, with raids and guilds.. and because some people dont fancy alot to do that all day and night, they stay behind... I hate tokens and I hate use them, I hate dailys, as I am not compulsive and my guild asks me to do dailys for credits, I hate this stuff.. We ask bioware what we wont, but I doubt they ever read it.. They only give exactly what we don’t interest much… Ok a new operation, but where is the world content… speeder racing, missions, companion missions, more advance crafting, hirelings, to built stuff like space stations and make wars or whatever.. but even if they bring this stuff, will probably be with tokens.. and tokens destroy the magic of it.

this epic vendors and stuff, take all the magic away from the game.. it makes it greedy... I dont like that. I want equal opportunities with a different play style. And I hope you agree with that, that this system is a very bad greedy system... I am not greedy so logically I dont like it. And I am not sociable enough to make a guild and create wars with guilds with iconic ways.. personally I dont care much about guilds at all. I have guild, good enough, good people, we do hm denova easily, they fight some times about items, because this system makes them fight for it.. greedy... nothing else!! greedy greedy

People inside swtor dont speak about racing, crafting, creating, world events.. they speak about calumi, rakata, campaign.. greedy greedy.. thats my point. Its not only swtor though, do not take it in granded.

The only thing I like in swtor compared to other mmos in items, is the orange items, that you can buy with credits (not tokens), mod them and use them... The hard way.. thats good.. but even though, its so easy to get war hero epics and stuff so nobody use them... only if u get tokens, get campains, or rakata, detuch the mods and use them in orange items (legacy).. only if u have amazing mods.... But thats something different and good I believe.