Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"The 6 degrees of premades" (with picture)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"The 6 degrees of premades" (with picture)

Theagg
09.25.2012 , 04:13 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PalihoJ View Post
I've PvP'd A LOT since go live and I've never seen anything that made me think a group of players on my WZ team are letting the other team win. I've seen some really awful play by individuals that could be seen as throwing the game if seen from a cynical point of view but never a group.

Sorry to sound condescending but I think this is a candidate for the tin foil hat brigade. Even if this was going on and to any real extent what could BW do about it? I donít think anything could be done without investing a whole load of time and money into combating something that doesnít really exist or if it does exist it is an insignificant inconvenience.
I have only ever seen one incident that could give the impression something dodgy was going one but in and of itself isn't proof of behind the scenes collaboration between factions to fix a match. And it may also have just been something entirely different.

In essence in a pug match, two Rep players eagerly announced they would take the right (snow) turret in Civil War. So off they went whilst everyone else went mid and left (grass). They capped it with no problem apparently, then proceeded to guard. Then, a short while later at some pivotal point, with the Rep team winning with pretty much the entire Imp team still engaged with the rest of our side in mid/left, both of those 'eager' players, still right on their own doing guard duty left the warzone at the same time. No call ins, nothing.

A couple of seconds later that turret went red.

Did they both decide together to quit in a panic at the sight of one, possibly two imps coming their way. Did they get bored and decide as buddies to exit stage right together, damn their team mates ? Did they both get disconnected at the same time ? Or were they place holding for an Imp buddy to move in at the right moment ?

No idea....but that's about the only time I can ever recall something that might look like the kind of cheats you mention, in which not one, but two or more quitting at the same instant, thereby conveniently leaving a node open for the taking, at a key point.

PalihoJ
09.25.2012 , 04:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DaveyboyW View Post
Quality vid, thank you for that....I really think this proves the point beyond any resonable doubt.

PalihoJ
09.25.2012 , 04:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
I have only ever seen one incident that could give the impression something dodgy was going one but in and of itself isn't proof of behind the scenes collaboration between factions to fix a match. And it may also have just been something entirely different.

In essence in a pug match, two Rep players eagerly announced they would take the right (snow) turret in Civil War. So off they went whilst everyone else went mid and left (grass). They capped it with no problem apparently, then proceeded to guard. Then, a short while later at some pivotal point, with the Rep team winning with pretty much the entire Imp team still engaged with the rest of our side in mid/left, both of those 'eager' players, still right on their own doing guard duty left the warzone at the same time. No call ins, nothing.

A couple of seconds later that turret went red.

Did they both decide together to quit in a panic at the sight of one, possibly two imps coming their way. Did they get bored and decide as buddies to exit stage right together, damn their team mates ? Did they both get disconnected at the same time ? Or were they place holding for an Imp buddy to move in at the right moment ?

No idea....but that's about the only time I can ever recall something that might look like the kind of cheats you mention, in which not one, but two or more quitting at the same instant, thereby conveniently leaving a node open for the taking, at a key point.
Putting my tinfoil hat to one side for a few minutes, IMHO I think it was 2 mates going into a WZ sticking together to cap a base then either wanting or needing to leave so left...Not very nice team play, downright bad form even but nothing more. Obviously I am guessing but in most things in life I play the percentages and my money is on that scenario.
As one guy has already stated the effort involved in setting up this supposed conspiracy massively exceeds any benefit.

vimm
09.25.2012 , 08:59 AM | #24
Wow, where am I.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Rynis
09.25.2012 , 09:00 AM | #25
Clicked on thread because of picture...left disappointed :[
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

nicolasMVP
09.25.2012 , 10:32 AM | #26
LOL great thread
Wasalu - Shadow
Rebelwasa - Scoundrel
Wasazion - Sentinel
The Fatman

PalihoJ
09.25.2012 , 11:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
Clicked on thread because of picture...left disappointed :[
I don't believe it....the fox chart vid must have at least raised a smiile.

dipstik
09.25.2012 , 12:07 PM | #28
the only time i have been sure of fixing a match is in rated, where both teams were trading wins. i have never seen this happen in regular warzones, but I have been in a voice chat where people were killing eachother, either as imp/imp, pub/pub, imp/pub.

never have i seen sabatoge that could not also be explained by ignorance

and i dont think trading wins is cheating if everyone is in the know... it might be considered an exploit though

Rynis
09.25.2012 , 01:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by PalihoJ View Post
I don't believe it....the fox chart vid must have at least raised a smiile.
Actually didn't notice it, until now...and I laughed pretty hard :P.
#AlmightyTeejus-#twitch.tv/bjagz

vimm
09.25.2012 , 01:30 PM | #30
LOL @ that video.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative