Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"The 6 degrees of premades" (with picture)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"The 6 degrees of premades" (with picture)

Letallis
09.24.2012 , 10:20 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PalihoJ View Post
I've PvP'd A LOT since go live and I've never seen anything that made me think a group of players on my WZ team are letting the other team win. I've seen some really awful play by individuals that could be seen as throwing the game if seen from a cynical point of view but never a group.

Sorry to sound condescending but I think this is a candidate for the tin foil hat brigade. Even if this was going on and to any real extent what could BW do about it? I donít think anything could be done without investing a whole load of time and money into combating something that doesnít really exist or if it does exist it is an insignificant inconvenience.
I have been in matches where it seems as if our team is literally throwing the match. I don't doubt this is going on. I was able to understand the chart too and it makes since. You just have to think laterally and not in the linear. I saw this in WoW too. People with multiple accounts helping friends on the other side.
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

NoaFlux
09.24.2012 , 11:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The only response I have is...

W.... T..... *.... are you talking about?
Lol. I know. Epic fail.

NoaFlux
09.24.2012 , 12:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by PalihoJ View Post
I've PvP'd A LOT since go live and I've never seen anything that made me think a group of players on my WZ team are letting the other team win. I've seen some really awful play by individuals that could be seen as throwing the game if seen from a cynical point of view but never a group.

Sorry to sound condescending but I think this is a candidate for the tin foil hat brigade. Even if this was going on and to any real extent what could BW do about it? I donít think anything could be done without investing a whole load of time and money into combating something that doesnít really exist or if it does exist it is an insignificant inconvenience.
No one had to "make me think" they were cheating. I have been told multiple times that they were, and asked to participate. I also have friends who cheat with bot healers, on GW and have had people tell me they do that on here.

So it def happens. I have also read many times that the cheaters get on the blogs here and post threads about how it never happens. So lol. I don't even know if I can trust you. Obviously it happens, even Bio Ware admitted it in at least one way similar to what I was talking about.

jibboo
09.24.2012 , 01:35 PM | #14
Seems like an awful lot of work for nothing, both the chart and the supposed cheating you're talking about.
Zimbra - Assassin

DimeStax
09.24.2012 , 04:09 PM | #15
I burst out laughing when I saw the chart. The OP has to be trolling us. I optimize my gear, group with guildies and we use strategy when we run WZs. We are cheating big time.
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Groncho
09.24.2012 , 06:04 PM | #16
Op u know u can always ask a CSR to delete this post
it will be consecuent with the content
ChŽ
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

Z-ToXiN
09.24.2012 , 07:18 PM | #17
My initial reaction was this:
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The only response I have is...

W.... T..... *.... are you talking about?

Then my reaction turned to this:

Quote: Originally Posted by DimeStax View Post
I burst out laughing when I saw the chart. The OP has to be trolling us.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

GARhenus
09.24.2012 , 07:32 PM | #18
i liek the colors tho

Suzina
09.25.2012 , 03:26 AM | #19
I may only be a war hero, but I pvp with multiple guilds and their pre-mades and I have never heard of this kind of cheating, at least not intentionally. Sometimes you have 2 pre-mades of 4 and you get queued into seperate sides of the same faction vs same-faction warzone and everyone is too lazy to switch voice channels. In that very rare situation, yes, there's some benefit to hearing the other side.

Otherwise, I've never seen this "cheating" in ranked or non ranked matches. If it goes on, they are not very open about it.
Member of Bane Fleet