Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

09.24.2012 , 10:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Going to the wrong endzone with the Huttball.
Oh goodness. Yes, this. I felt like such a moron, I thought I was doing so well, too...

Not quite as bad but there was also the time I respawned at the goal line in Huttball and saw an enemy Jedi jumping into the pit and heading toward the goal line. "There must be someone stealthed up here!" I thought, so I start running around the edge of the pit looking for a stealther... only to be lept at by the ball carrier for an easy score.

I can only imagine how red my face was.

09.24.2012 , 10:31 AM | #22
Interesting. Thanks to the OPer. I initially thought this was another flame thread but I think the idea is stupid things we've done...

Honestly, I think understanding the Healing, Tanking, Damage role was the toughest for me. I play RPGs all the time, but not really online ones (and didn't often group) so most of "fails" involve me interacting with the more experienced online players.

For example, during the Rakghoul Plague, I was helping out some players get their containment officer title an hour or so before the event ended (last chance really) and fighting a world boss. A group of imperials kept taunting the boss away from the battlefield and it would reset. So we'd have to do the same thing back to them...

Anyways, the players (most of them lower level than me) kept telling me to taunt the boss so I literally starting typing in taunts to it . ha ha ha! I had no idea I had a "taunt" power.

Happy ending, we defeated the imperials and got the title.

- Ord'os
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

09.24.2012 , 11:00 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Braewynn View Post
Once upon a time this lone Jedi Sage was leveling on Voss when she stumbled upon this glowing plaque. Her curiosity got the better of her and she clicked on it. To date that world boss is responsible for the single biggest hit she's ever witness. Over 500,000 damage.

I am NEVER clicking on anything that doesn't have anything to do with a quest again!
Lol! Love this^. Mainly... because it could and would have happened to me if I had found Nightmare Pilgrim before I knew what it was.

09.24.2012 , 11:08 AM | #24
Got all the way through False Emperor, being super careful on the loot and then I accidentally end up clicking need on the final gear drop (nothing I could use) because my arrow disappeared and I was trying to get it reappear. Guy who really needed it was gracious but obviously very upset. Ended up spending 55K on GTN to buy him a simliar piece of gear as an apology...which was WAY more than I made on the run but I had to make it right in order to live with myself.
The TORVerse Podcast

09.24.2012 , 11:21 AM | #25
Another fail from me that happened not too long ago. We are in Taral V flashpoint HM. Easy peasy. I'm in there with a fairly newb group who are just getting HMs started. I'm the vet telling them what to do etc. etc. even though I'm Sent dps. We get to a confrontation with Elite Robots. The tank marks the mobs and we start the fight. The tank yells "gear!" I reply "nah man, I'm good." The tank yells "gear!" again and I say "don't worry about it. good gear will drop for you." We survive the fight and I'm wondering why the tank wanted to talk in the middle of the attack. And... as I'm looking at the dead mobs.... I notice that one dead elite robot has a GEAR marker. Only then did I realize the tank was telling me to CC the robot! Embarrassed.... I apologized to the group. Everyone laughed, including me.... but mine was half hearted.

09.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #26
My biggest fail was one of our first runs through EC and the minefield.

The tank was coming up the path we made to assist us on the last phase. To hurry him up, I moved into position and rescue pulled him.

He clipped the corner of a mine square and promptly died. Since there was no extra tank to absorb the cannons it resulted in a wipe. I don't do that anymore.

09.24.2012 , 12:47 PM | #27

(( at least when anyone is looking ... ))

09.24.2012 , 12:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JustARandomGuy View Post
For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin....
I didn't realize that way past 10 levels for my Smuggler. I think I was almost to level 30 by the time I noticed that and that was because I had started a second alt and figured it out when I got to it then. I had to switch back to my Smuggler to see what I missed in his pack.
I sort of blame that on the packs not listing info about "Right Clicking to Open".

I am not to sure what my biggest fail in SWTOR is. I sort of mess up around every corner.

There was one mission I kept messing up on. I kept knocking the boss off the platform to his death so I could not get the mission loot he had. He kept re-spawning a few times before I realized that he had something I needed to complete that mission.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

09.24.2012 , 06:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JustARandomGuy View Post
For me, it was when i finally got to chose the Advanced Class for My Sith. I decided to go with Sith Assassin, and off I went on my merry way.

It took me about 10 levels until I realised that the strange bag that appeared in my inventory was full of the items I needed to become the Assassin....
This is awesome. My first character, for some reason I thought this was a token or something that we needed in our inventory so that our advanced class would "work". It just so happened that some 21 levels later, (yes, level 31 lol) I thought, hey let's leave this in my cargo hold and see what happens so that I can free up that extra inventory slot.

The very next thing I did was I tried to grab a +3 STR datacron from Nar Shaddaa (the crazy one with the pipe jumping). and it started coming up with error messages... "You must complete some missions before you can access this..." or something like that. So after having made it across those stupid pipes, couldn't get the datacron. I just knew it was that token that I took out of my inventory.

So I went back to the cargo hold and fetched it, then went back for the datacron, only then to find out that it wasn't the token at all, but my mission log was full. But still didn't put them together.

So I moved off to Tatooine to run missions after removing some of my mission log items, and just so happened to spot someone in General chat saying "Don't forget to open your advanced class bag."

At which point I felt like the dumbest player ever... and immediately right clicked it and found the custom assault cannon I was supposed to get back at level 10. LOL

Ahh... the noobishness...
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

09.24.2012 , 06:43 PM | #30
Replacing Qyzen Fess's Aim gear with Strength. He looks like a melee tank right?