Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

patchew
09.28.2012 , 08:47 AM | #91
walking in to that world pvp place on hoth (or wherever) cos a guildie asked for some heals to get some loot or something.
I went in with the logic of "mwhahahaha stupid opponent wont know that im stealthed and i will pop on heals the moment my friend starts to look in trouble. He cant attack me anyway, until i begin healing my pal wmahahahahahahhhha .... hmm whats that thing in general chat about flagging for pvp, meh" ...
and yup, out pops the opponents pals and start hitting me around the place.
I placed a ticket about not being pvp enabled until i began healing my friend, the letter back pointed out the "you are now being flagged for pvp combat" messages and the whole "world pvp area" thing.
i slunk back to pve with my head between my legs in utter embarassment

Chrysantemum
09.28.2012 , 09:49 AM | #92
During a Flashpoint on my Sorc, I attempted to use overload to knock a patrolling Elite droid over the edge. This worked perfectly fine...

Unfortunately, both the tank and the other dps performed Force Leap at the droid at the same time. The droid was already over the edge when they arrived, sending all three to a gooey high-altitude death.

They said they were both laughing their butts off over it, though, so all was good.

wizzardofazz
09.28.2012 , 10:28 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Chrysantemum View Post
During a Flashpoint on my Sorc, I attempted to use overload to knock a patrolling Elite droid over the edge. This worked perfectly fine...

Unfortunately, both the tank and the other dps performed Force Leap at the droid at the same time. The droid was already over the edge when they arrived, sending all three to a gooey high-altitude death.

They said they were both laughing their butts off over it, though, so all was good.
Best one ever!

Darth_Taral
09.28.2012 , 11:44 AM | #94
I do this all the time, but laughed particularly when I did it yesterday.

"Ugh! I missed the elevator going down! Oh well, I'll jump after it and just heal the bit of damage!"

But the elevator keeps going down as I fall towards it. I hit the bottom with more force than intended, and I die.

Yesterday, while on Tatooine, I was hoping to finish up a quest real quick in Anchorhead (in the Czerka building underground in the top-right corner) before logging out. I wanted to finish and log out as quickly as possible, so was really frustrated when I died on the elevator. And for whatever reason it didn't let me respawn there, I had to go back to the taxi station (bottom-left corner) and do it all over again. A five-minute finish-and-then-log-out took almost 20 minutes lol.

magi_melcior
09.28.2012 , 02:25 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Going to the wrong endzone with the Huttball.
Yep, I've done that too, fought my way valiantly to the goal line, crossed it and wondered why I hadn't scored
Then got stun locked and killed by a passing Operative who immediately scored

The real sad thing is I still see others making this rather huge mistake

Whilst not a "fail" on my part, probably the best "fail" moment I ever saw was in a Civil War match. 1 Enemy was guarding the snow turret by standing on top of it looking out over the battle field. Well my Shadow stealths up behind the turret and caps it with him standing on top, guess he didn't see the huge light pillar emanating from his butt he only spotted that something had happened when the turret he was guarding started firing on his ship
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website

magi_melcior
09.28.2012 , 02:28 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Taral View Post
I do this all the time, but laughed particularly when I did it yesterday.

"Ugh! I missed the elevator going down! Oh well, I'll jump after it and just heal the bit of damage!"

But the elevator keeps going down as I fall towards it. I hit the bottom with more force than intended, and I die.

Yesterday, while on Tatooine, I was hoping to finish up a quest real quick in Anchorhead (in the Czerka building underground in the top-right corner) before logging out. I wanted to finish and log out as quickly as possible, so was really frustrated when I died on the elevator. And for whatever reason it didn't let me respawn there, I had to go back to the taxi station (bottom-left corner) and do it all over again. A five-minute finish-and-then-log-out took almost 20 minutes lol.
Just read your story and couldn't help but remember a time running Cadminaue with 3 other guild members, we arrived at a long steep slope and our guild leader jumped down it, we all followed (like lemmings) and ended up in a crumpled pile at the bottom of the lift shaft, we took the mickey out of him for months after that
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website

tolaf
09.28.2012 , 08:02 PM | #97
I usually score in 1st in WZ's before i reached 50, and one day my score was so high a memeber of a well known guild asked me to join them; i replied no but i felt like a boss.
The next warzone i was with the same person but for the first time i scored last.. under a large group of lvl 10-15's.
Most embarresing moment in SW:TOR ever.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

Budje
10.02.2012 , 06:23 AM | #98
EV HM last boss SOA.
While waiting for people to trade there stims and such I thought it was funny to place a party bomb and dance naked.
Wasn't paying attention and I noticed too late the group charged in.

Had to finish the entire fight in my undies

BlueRahja
10.02.2012 , 06:47 AM | #99
When I do my trade skilling, I put all my toons on their ships to speed up load times when I am logging between them. When I get on my sith warrior to queue up his slicing, someone lets loose this massive ERP mistell into general chat describing an alternative use for force choke. Lets just say I felt pretty bad for the fellow recieving the force "choke".

Also EV fail. We used to call the jump down onto the platform to fight soa the "competency check" because we consistently had at least one person lazily walk off the edge and plummet to their deaths.
'"\\=<<>>=//"'
"There's no use running, you'll only die tired."

DahrenJex
10.02.2012 , 11:50 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerFariou View Post
Thinking noble sacrifice was a heal ability,and raging about how hard the mobs hit you afterwards.
LOL! I used this a lot in PvP and my brother, also a healer, could not understand how I was taking damage so quickly. I should have told him his healing was terrible...