Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

CephalicRex
10.09.2012 , 04:17 PM | #21
It's as monotonous as firing with a blaster all the time or having fifteen different slashing moves. Lightning is our bread and butter. You want something different, play an Assassin.

Leave our electricity alone!

Kyriosgundam
10.09.2012 , 04:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hondo-Karr View Post
As it seems to me, the advanced class for sith inquisitor, the sorcerer, is bland. If you look at its abilities the main ones are lightning, lightning, lightning. When I play on my sorcerer, I just don't have fun and as we all know, the point of a game is for entertainment. All I do is just spam lightning. On the jedi sage on the other hand, they at least have differences on the abilities. They have a cool pulse wave, the ability the throw a rock with the force, and their 2 second cast is hurling a bunch of rocks at some one. Again with the sorcerer it is lightning, a short shock of lightning and a 2 second cast of lightning.

Don't get my wrong though, I am not just hating on the Inquisitor. I have a sith assassin and He is my current favorite toon. I very much enjoy the assassin.

Please, if you took the time to read my opinion, let my know about yours and your experiences. Maybe you could enlighten me to the glory of the sorcerer. And if you want to, go ahead and post a picture of your inquisitor to show off.

Thanks,
Hondo-Karr
I would have to ask you at what level is your sorcerer right now? And what spec is it?. I have both an Assassin and a Sorcerer and I have to say that I enjoy them both equally. Yes the majority of your ranged attacks are lighting based however the Sorcerer has many more status effect options than the consular does, as well as better AoE options. I admit that my Sorcerer is not very high in level at the momment. And yes the lighting only attacks do seem uninteresting at times, however the different status effects each lighting attack does is different and do have their advantages (if you take the time to notice).
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

ShupFace
10.10.2012 , 01:29 AM | #23
There are a limited number of force powers and I think they were aiming to keep each class fairly iconic. For example the sith warrior has choke and crush, the sith inquisitor has lightning and the sage has telekinesis. They could have chosen to give everyone a wider variety of force powers but then they risk making all force users too same-same.

So to me it comes down to which is more awesome, hitting someone with a rock or a bolt of lightning.

BlitzSS
10.10.2012 , 07:58 PM | #24
Leave my lightning along.

gpassucc
10.12.2012 , 10:56 AM | #25
My sorc is currently 49, just finished my class quest last night, still stocking up on rwz comms. My main was an assassin (50) current main is a rage jugg (50). Gotta say I feel like a bamf full madness spec throwing darkness around and spamming lightning on folks. Been thinking about going more hybrid with lightning but really enjoying full madness right now. Also, the lightning tree is awesome. If you time your burst right you can really rock people. Wait to get a proc of instant chain lightning then thundering blast -> insta chain lightning -> shock that's quite a bit of burst right there. In summary, I really love the animations for all my characters, especially my sorc.
Gromphe - Persies - Zaknafien (out of retirement)

RigbyC
10.18.2012 , 05:09 PM | #26
Sure, i get that some people pick the sorc for the lightning. zapping mobs with oodles of lightning and walking away whilst the corps is still twitching does indeed give the warm and fuzzies. So if thats the thing you enjoy then pick lighting spec...

However I did not pick lightning spec, I picked madness as I wanted somthing a little diffrent from spam lighting. It seems im still having to spam lighting though and that is personally what frustrates me. Madness looked like this health absorbing, soul draining god of death. Instead i get cast a DoT or two then spam lightning.. Maybe if there was some more variance between the two it wouldnt be so bad?

Another thing, can anyone answer me if Madness or sorcs in general had soul drain skill at launch? i seem to remember seeing one when i made the char (hence the desire to go madness) took a break for a while and i dont see the reason why i went madness anymore...

Disobedience
10.23.2012 , 10:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RigbyC View Post
Another thing, can anyone answer me if Madness or sorcs in general had soul drain skill at launch? i seem to remember seeing one when i made the char (hence the desire to go madness) took a break for a while and i dont see the reason why i went madness anymore...
I'm a Madness Sorc and I absolutely love it. Ridiculously high damage in Warzones; maybe not as much as a Lightning Sorc when it comes to PvE, but god is it fun.
I play on Ebonhawk, RP.

Te'ala; Jedi Sentinel - Level 33.
Vaelina; Sith Sorcerer - Level 26(Current main)

Digimanbyte_ID
10.27.2012 , 08:28 AM | #28
TBH they need to give us a more forced based ability like force crush from KoTR 2, that or life drain. I really wouldn't mind if they changed shock to wound, where the target would seem like being crushed. Pretty fun if standard enemies went up in the air pulsing in pain around their chest. Hell same with players, where if hit they cough or moan in pain.

KcirSirrah
10.31.2012 , 09:11 AM | #29
I mad the sorc specifically for the lightning and I am going pure lightning tree. There is just somethign about hearing UNLIMITED POWER going through my head while i am frying someone over and over and over that is appealing and satisfying
Charcters lvl 50-55: Clectama (55 Oper.) Purpledeath (55 Merc.), Jystri (55 Sorc), Encumer (55 Com), Seventhhammer (55 Jug)

RigbyC
10.31.2012 , 04:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Disobedience View Post
I'm a Madness Sorc and I absolutely love it. Ridiculously high damage in Warzones; maybe not as much as a Lightning Sorc when it comes to PvE, but god is it fun.
lol thanks, but it seems madness spec was not my thing. I was still firing lightning 80% of the time, pausing breifly to cast the dots and then back to lightning spam.....

I went to healer....now im hardly ever on the lightshow button its now DoT, DoT, slow, shield, shock, DoT, DoT, INSTA HEAL and walk away from the dead mob ^.^
The Blackstorm Legacy
Sindanarie: Sith Marauder
Rigetsu: Jedi Shadow
Sapphiré: Sniper