Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

TrumpetNut
09.25.2012 , 08:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hondo-Karr View Post
As it seems to me, the advanced class for sith inquisitor, the sorcerer, is bland. If you look at its abilities the main ones are lightning, lightning, lightning. When I play on my sorcerer, I just don't have fun and as we all know, the point of a game is for entertainment. All I do is just spam lightning. On the jedi sage on the other hand, they at least have differences on the abilities. They have a cool pulse wave, the ability the throw a rock with the force, and their 2 second cast is hurling a bunch of rocks at some one. Again with the sorcerer it is lightning, a short shock of lightning and a 2 second cast of lightning.

Don't get my wrong though, I am not just hating on the Inquisitor. I have a sith assassin and He is my current favorite toon. I very much enjoy the assassin.

Please, if you took the time to read my opinion, let my know about yours and your experiences. Maybe you could enlighten me to the glory of the sorcerer. And if you want to, go ahead and post a picture of your inquisitor to show off.

Thanks,
Hondo-Karr
EXACTLY they use lightnig the whole time.. Sin is better..

Hondo-Karr
09.27.2012 , 02:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
When your abilities are ultimate power, ultimate power, and ultimate power, why complain about the lack of variety?

I see where you're coming from, but I personally find endless fountains of Force lightning both hilarious and satisfying. It's really what I became a Sorcerer to do.
Ok, I have read over the reply and a couple tings stand out at me. First of all I would like to say that I am not a Sage buff. I was just using the mirror class as a comparison. Second, as stated above, several people have said something along the line of ultimate power is so cool that there isn't any lack of verity. That sort of proves my point. It may be "ultimate power" but in the end it is just that. The same things.

Thanks,
Hondo-Karr

Karasuko
09.27.2012 , 04:24 PM | #13
I tried 4 times to level a sorc, But I ahve the OP's issue with the class.
Gave up and went sin instead, havent looked back.

chisaineko
09.29.2012 , 04:16 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Well I think it's because we don't have a cool execute move for one. Imagine some 'force overload" type ability that finished people off. Assassinate looks cool on a sin, and is cool. Where is the sorc version?

We have one its called "Overload" and it was just nerfed since BW thought it was too powerful.

Chisaineko

chisaineko
09.29.2012 , 04:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hondo-Karr View Post
Ok, I have read over the reply and a couple tings stand out at me. First of all I would like to say that I am not a Sage buff. I was just using the mirror class as a comparison. Second, as stated above, several people have said something along the line of ultimate power is so cool that there isn't any lack of verity. That sort of proves my point. It may be "ultimate power" but in the end it is just that. The same things.

Thanks,
Hondo-Karr
Its lightning, not the ultimate power. In raw dps we are practically dead last. A sorcerer can do 30,000 damage to a single target in about 20ish seconds. Most classes can do 30,000 damage in far less time (full war hero armor), some as low as 5 seconds (3 if they get crits).

We are not even remotely close to ultimate damage.

Chisaneko, 50 sorc pvp/pve

Scovina
09.30.2012 , 04:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by chisaineko View Post
We have one its called "Overload" and it was just nerfed since BW thought it was too powerful.

Chisaineko
That is almost laughable. What he meant was some kind of if the target is at 30% or 25% health hit said ability to finish them. Overload never did that as the damage was negligible. It was only useful as a kb effect and only mildly at that. I'm sure there may have been situations where you knocked someone into something that killed them but that isn't the same.

Hawksworth
09.30.2012 , 09:09 AM | #17
I agree with you completely OP. Yes it is a matter of taste and I rolled a sorc to do the lightning thing but got as far as level 30 until I was sick of all the lightning flying round everywhere.

Lunafox
10.01.2012 , 12:40 PM | #18
I have no issue with the skills...I think the storyline could be better. And definately, they need better romanceables, especially for the guys. Ashara is horrid, and I basically have this overwhelming desire to throw her out the airlock before I'd let my toon romance her. My hubby feels the same way about her.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

Zacula
10.05.2012 , 08:16 PM | #19
Not sure why you'd make an Assassin AND a Sorceror. I'd have at least made a Shadow and a Sorceror, or an Assassin and a Sage.

In any case, Sorcerors are lightning. Heck, I'm surprised their heals aren't in the form of lightning bolts. You knew that going into it. If you have a problem with that, I understand. But I frickin' love it.
Onward to victory, or something like it!

Stenrik
10.09.2012 , 12:27 AM | #20
I absolutely agree with the OP. I never understood why so many people thought sages were less cool. Lightning gets old in its monotony. It's too much like generic fantasy magic, but at least most fantasy mage classes have more variety in their spell looks. I think throwing rocks is more original, and stuff like disturbance is awesome. Rock throwing is also better for PVP, IMO, because it's less conspicuous.

Though some also argue that fighting sorcs is harder since it's more difficult to differentiate their abilities...