Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sith sorcerer, Bland or is it just me?

Hondo-Karr
09.23.2012 , 11:37 AM | #1
As it seems to me, the advanced class for sith inquisitor, the sorcerer, is bland. If you look at its abilities the main ones are lightning, lightning, lightning. When I play on my sorcerer, I just don't have fun and as we all know, the point of a game is for entertainment. All I do is just spam lightning. On the jedi sage on the other hand, they at least have differences on the abilities. They have a cool pulse wave, the ability the throw a rock with the force, and their 2 second cast is hurling a bunch of rocks at some one. Again with the sorcerer it is lightning, a short shock of lightning and a 2 second cast of lightning.

Don't get my wrong though, I am not just hating on the Inquisitor. I have a sith assassin and He is my current favorite toon. I very much enjoy the assassin.

Please, if you took the time to read my opinion, let my know about yours and your experiences. Maybe you could enlighten me to the glory of the sorcerer. And if you want to, go ahead and post a picture of your inquisitor to show off.

Thanks,
Hondo-Karr

bright_ephemera
09.23.2012 , 01:03 PM | #2
When your abilities are ultimate power, ultimate power, and ultimate power, why complain about the lack of variety?

I see where you're coming from, but I personally find endless fountains of Force lightning both hilarious and satisfying. It's really what I became a Sorcerer to do.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iDraxter
09.23.2012 , 08:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
When your abilities are ultimate power, ultimate power, and ultimate power, why complain about the lack of variety?

I see where you're coming from, but I personally find endless fountains of Force lightning both hilarious and satisfying. It's really what I became a Sorcerer to do.
THIS

and...
It may seem bland but tastes are tastes for each i got powertech/sniper/juggernaut lvls 50 and my Sorcerer is 41 and I m in love with this toon my fav, I play healer and man do I love what I do oww and to spam Force Storm on trash groups and pvp nodes makes me feel GREAT! and if you prefer lifting rocks and rubble instead of unlimited electric power then by all means my friend go sage/assassin though i`d recommend sorcerer(suits the story way better)/shadow(early healer comp)
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

Scovina
09.24.2012 , 01:01 AM | #4
Not that much different to me really. As a consular you throw a big rock, you throw some ting rocks then you hit em with a wave. Two of the three are the same really but yes I do find it a bit lacking. However I don't know what more they can give you to some extent.

warultima
09.24.2012 , 02:38 AM | #5
Cant complain when you get to chain unlimited power over and over and over...
| Lv50 Madness Sorc | Lv50 Annihilation Marauder |
| Lv50 Pyrotech Power Tech | Lv50 Medicine Operative |
| Lv50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Lv 26 Darkness Assassin |

Chemic_al
09.24.2012 , 04:10 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Scovina View Post
Not that much different to me really. As a consular you throw a big rock, you throw some ting rocks then you hit em with a wave. Two of the three are the same really but yes I do find it a bit lacking. However I don't know what more they can give you to some extent.
Well I think it's because we don't have a cool execute move for one. Imagine some 'force overload" type ability that finished people off. Assassinate looks cool on a sin, and is cool. Where is the sorc version?

Secondly, and whilst I see why they gave choke and push to warriors, which would also fit inquisitors (perhaps even more so than warriors), we don't get anything like sabre throw, or any decent lightsabre moves either, thanks to not getting willpower bonus damage to melee moves. Just take tumult, when do you ever use that as a sorc?

Digimanbyte_ID
09.24.2012 , 05:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Well I think it's because we don't have a cool execute move for one. Imagine some 'force overload" type ability that finished people off. Assassinate looks cool on a sin, and is cool. Where is the sorc version?

Secondly, and whilst I see why they gave choke and push to warriors, which would also fit inquisitors (perhaps even more so than warriors), we don't get anything like sabre throw, or any decent lightsabre moves either, thanks to not getting willpower bonus damage to melee moves. Just take tumult, when do you ever use that as a sorc?
Yeah I do find that annoying, epecially considering the fact that other ranged classes such as powertechs do get to use their blasters alot, even at ranged.

It would be nice to see some variety for a sith sorcerer other then lightning, such as ranged sabre techniques or ability's you can use when someone gets into melee range and your trying to kite them. We lack a lot of instant damage attacks for bursting purposes and out end tier talent trees seem more like a mess, its better to go hyrbid for functionality and even fun.

Nothing more fun then throwing lightning then mixing it up with some crushing attacks. It would be nice if they did add more force crushing abilities to sage and sorcerers.

uniz
09.24.2012 , 02:19 PM | #8
i'm sorry but the main reason for myself making the sorcerer was to be using lightning. LIGHTNING BABY! :

the other day someone asked me if i was a healer while on him and i just replied that my sage heals since all he does is blow chunks at people. this guys shoots LIGHTNING and lots of it. imo one can never have too much lightning.

the sage is bland. the rocks are boring and a disappointment, the ground shaking is even more annoying. the sages do make a nice healer though. my sage just heals and wears blander than bland looking gear. the sorcerer dpses and wears cool armor. yes i have both at 50.

this is just my opinion.

Scovina
09.24.2012 , 05:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
i'm sorry but the main reason for myself making the sorcerer was to be using lightning. LIGHTNING BABY! :

the other day someone asked me if i was a healer while on him and i just replied that my sage heals since all he does is blow chunks at people. this guys shoots LIGHTNING and lots of it. imo one can never have too much lightning.

the sage is bland. the rocks are boring and a disappointment, the ground shaking is even more annoying. the sages do make a nice healer though. my sage just heals and wears blander than bland looking gear. the sorcerer dpses and wears cool armor. yes i have both at 50.

this is just my opinion.
I hear you on the lightning. I love chucking bolts at people. Makes me reminisce on my light sorc in Diablo 2, those were good times! The gear looks sweet I agree. I do however feel that the sage and sorcerer class is a bit uninspired.

Scovina
09.24.2012 , 05:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post

I agree here. Like my previous post I love throwing lightning around but you are right. If we are "masters" of wielding the dark side of the force why is there pretty much just lightning. I know we have other moves but I agree there needs to some sort of execute style move.

It does irritate me some bit that we do not get any cool sabre moves but I can see why. Sure we have some skill at dueling but since we focus on mastery of manipulating the force we have abandoned martial prowess. It is pretty much a last resort for a sorcerer in any game really and usually to our demise. Though it is thoroughly satisfying to run up on someone when they have a sliver of health left and stab them all the while knowing that they died to the hands of an inferior duelist!