Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ingame tech support is just hillarious..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Ingame tech support is just hillarious..
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Missandei
09.23.2012 , 11:21 AM | #1
After the minute of a healthy laugh i at last managed to come here and post my experience in communicating with «protocol droids»

Two days ago i lost a small amount of cash during trade.. I was rather curious why that happened than upset so i filled a BUG ticket via ingame help center. I wrote that i have encountered some bug and described the situation providing all the information minute by minute..

And guess what.. After two(!) days i receive a letter from «protocol droid» with their sheer condolences about what happened to me and a suggestion to FILL A TICKET ABOUT A BUG..
lol..
What are they encouraging me to do? To participate in recursive experience? I will fill in another BUG ticket and they will prompt me to fill the BUG ticket again? LOL..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Missandei
09.24.2012 , 07:08 AM | #2
..just a little update..

Again the techsupport amaze me by creating the miracles of logic thinking..

I received another letter from techsupport on my matter. More senior staff member claims that he have investigated my case very thoroughly and finds out that there was a trade attempt but «internal system» canceled the money transfer for me and the guy i make trade with. But techsupport cant find in my inventory the item i was trading, so they cant give me my money... case is closed... lol..
tech support you are not only useless, but very incompetent. Of course you cant find item in my inventory - it is now in the inventory of the guy i trade it to...
lol..

My most favorite line in techsupport letter is where they ask me not to bother them about game bugs if the bugs are not game breaking... lol..

PS.. I really feel pity for the guys who , for example, accidentally deleted their toon and have to contact techsupport on that matter.. lol..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Jerro
09.24.2012 , 10:01 AM | #3
Quote:
My most favorite line in techsupport letter is where they ask me not to bother them about game bugs if the bugs are not game breaking... lol..
well isnt that the general attitude in this game, minor bugs never get fixed and we never get a "polished" game.

Spiritinblack
09.24.2012 , 10:19 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
..just a little update..

Again the techsupport amaze me by creating the miracles of logic thinking..

I received another letter from techsupport on my matter. More senior staff member claims that he have investigated my case very thoroughly and finds out that there was a trade attempt but «internal system» canceled the money transfer for me and the guy i make trade with. But techsupport cant find in my inventory the item i was trading, so they cant give me my money... case is closet... lol..
tech support you are not only useless, but very incompetent. Of course you cant find item in my inventory - it is now in the inventory of the guy i trade it to...
lol..

PS.. I really feel pity for the guys who , for example, accidentally deleted their toon and have to contact techsupport on that matter.. lol..
The sad part about the chars that were deleted is.......... It was a bug.
We did'nt delete them. The game did. We had nothing to do with it.
We still have not heard a thing from in game support.
Only from the forums.
Also had a guy that really did delete his char on accident. Took two days for his char to get restored.
While those of us that had it deleted by the game........ are now on day six.

Tirvaak
09.24.2012 , 12:25 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Missandei,

I thought I should jump in and clarify a few things for you as it appears there has been some confusion with the most recent reply you have received.

Although I cannot go into a lot of detail about the issue, I can clarify the response you received.
Quote:
This is not something that would ever be said by any Customer Support Agent. We are happy to try and help with everything that comes our way and would never encourage a player to not contact us, no matter how big or small an issue is.

In the mail you were also advised that we were unable to verify the loss of these medpacks, meaning they did not leave your inventory and as the trade did not complete correctly, no items or money was transferred.

I'm sorry if this is not what you have taken from the reply that you were sent but I can assure you that this issue was looked into thoroughly and the response you received is accurate.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Missandei
09.24.2012 , 02:47 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Missandei,

I thought I should jump in and clarify a few things for you as it appears there has been some confusion with the most recent reply you have received.

Although I cannot go into a lot of detail about the issue, I can clarify the response you received.

I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Thanks.
Im really admire the art of cunning and kind responses you are giving throughout the all feedback.
Your mastered this skill to the top.
I only wish that your technical personnel posses the same level of skill in their field.

As to clarification and «accurate and thorough investigation» i can reveal what i find out by my own.
After the described situation took place i read the info about Trade and how it works.

Due to the fact that i never before used the «Trade» function as a seller, i made a mistake and not only placed the item, but also entered the «desired sum» of money. So basically what happened is that i give away the same amount of money that i received. Thats why i have not seen the change in my cash ammount despite the message «You have received credits»..
Yes, that was rather silly mistake made by me. And after i figured out what happened, Im not asking you to correct my error and give me money. People are supposed to learn on mistakes (well.. at least some of them) and this is the price i have paid to learn how Trade is working.. lol..
So it happens that i simply made a free gift to the person i make trade with.. lol..
It was THAT simple.
And the fact that YOU was unable to figure it out and began to invent some fiction about «internal transaction cancellation» and «inability to locate the item in my inventory» just showed how useless the Support are..
That was the thread about.

The only reason not to think about your incompetence is the chance that your «thoroughfull investigation team» actually have found out my mistake at once but due to the spirit of kindness was decided not to hurt my feelings and point out my stupidity.. So they start talking about «internal transaction cancellation».. lol..

But now Im happy that you are definitely happy knowing that I resolved my issue...
And i can assure you that im not disappointed in any way by this situation with «Trade issue» and not bearing any bad feelings on this matter.. I can feel how your hearts are filling with joy about it!

PS
...and I`ll definitely not bother you again in such small matters distracting you form fixing more important issues from other customers...

Cheers!