Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Failed to load area dat file

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Failed to load area dat file
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bronholz
07.25.2013 , 03:06 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings JRTX,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Have you tried running the Repair function from the launcher? This will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files, you can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

JRTX
07.25.2013 , 04:26 PM | #12
yes i ran the repair twice already what was that small download from yesterday it seem to have screwed it up it was working just fin until that download yall did

Mircel
12.23.2013 , 04:10 PM | #13
I'd check which planet is throwing that error, then delete that area file from game's Assets directory. Then repair. It should download a few hundred megabytes instead of all the game if all goes well...

edit: Oops, replying to an ancient post but this came up in the game chat tonight.

SerStrongboar
02.15.2014 , 07:22 PM | #14
I know this is a dead thread but I recently ran into this problem and found what seems to be a resolution for it.

I was going to try to force the launcher to run a repair since you can't click the repair button if the launcher doesn't find anything wrong with your game. To do this I deleted the bitraider folder from the installation directory and started up the launcher. It verified the game and it seemed to fix the problem.

Hedinjyri
05.21.2014 , 06:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SerStrongboar View Post
I know this is a dead thread but I recently ran into this problem and found what seems to be a resolution for it.

I was going to try to force the launcher to run a repair since you can't click the repair button if the launcher doesn't find anything wrong with your game. To do this I deleted the bitraider folder from the installation directory and started up the launcher. It verified the game and it seemed to fix the problem.
Thank you! This worked for me as well. My install got glitched after 2.7.2 and deleting BitRaider folder solved the issue.