Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Failed to load area dat file

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Marcojulio
12.19.2011 , 02:21 PM | #1
I can't log into the game. Everytime I try to enter, after 5 seconds theres an error sound followed by a non responsive game. The error is this one:

[/world/livecontent/systemgenerated/3758..2374/area.dat]
Reason: Not Found

I tried to repair but the game starts to download again, I mean, ALL THE GAME. Please help

Marcojulio
12.19.2011 , 03:34 PM | #2
Bump!

Marcojulio
12.20.2011 , 04:47 AM | #3
Bump!!

IVasconcelos
12.20.2011 , 05:02 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Marcojulio,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues entering into the game.

Unfortunately from the error you described it seems that there was an issue during installation of the game. The best course of action would be to completely uninstall the game, then download a new installer client (to ensure it is not the installer that is causing the issue) and re-install the game. While I understand that this process is time consuming it should resolve your issue.

I have included the direct link for download the most up to date installer below for you convenience
SWTOR Installer

Once again I apologize for the issues you are having getting into Star Wars: The Old Republic, I hope this will resolve your problem.

If it does not please let us know and we will try and assist you further.
Ivan De Vasconcelos | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

PaulOPS
01.08.2012 , 05:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by IVasconcelos View Post
Greetings Marcojulio,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues entering into the game.

Unfortunately from the error you described it seems that there was an issue during installation of the game. The best course of action would be to completely uninstall the game, then download a new installer client (to ensure it is not the installer that is causing the issue) and re-install the game. While I understand that this process is time consuming it should resolve your issue.

I have included the direct link for download the most up to date installer below for you convenience
SWTOR Installer

Once again I apologize for the issues you are having getting into Star Wars: The Old Republic, I hope this will resolve your problem.

If it does not please let us know and we will try and assist you further.
would this require redownloading the 12gb's worth of update patches?

KayninSW
01.08.2012 , 06:06 PM | #6
I have the same problem and my post was lost. i can not get to Vos because of this, i will be reinstalling the game when in put in my new SSD and reinstall windows but I would really like to see a resolution to this problem without having to reinstall the game and possibly having to re download every patch.

I would like to see the updater to quickly check if the files were there. hell Everquest classic did that **** if you deleted random files.

dingoperson
01.08.2012 , 06:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Marcojulio View Post
I can't log into the game. Everytime I try to enter, after 5 seconds theres an error sound followed by a non responsive game. The error is this one:

[/world/livecontent/systemgenerated/3758..2374/area.dat]
Reason: Not Found

I tried to repair but the game starts to download again, I mean, ALL THE GAME. Please help
There's a tiny possibility it's not actually downloading the whole thing, only a couple of GB

PaulOPS
01.08.2012 , 07:04 PM | #8
Well my ISP says otherwise. My 50gb download cap has been destroyed trying to get this game to work.

Jay_Of_Krypton
03.27.2012 , 03:21 PM | #9
heya, i have exactly the same error! , it was fine, i have not played for a week, i come back to play it and i get the same error as listed above.
Would not be a problem for me to re install, but i really have to download 25gb again?, my disks that i got with my game were blank

JRTX
07.25.2013 , 03:02 PM | #10
i started getting this message after the little download the launcher did everytime i try to enter a pvp match failed to load area dat fie
failed to load area dat file
/world/areas/4611686343808730000/area.dat
reason: not found
please fix this