Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy Dirty Kick

JohnForce
09.23.2012 , 01:23 AM | #1
Hi,
I would like to know your opinion on Smuggler's Legacy Ability. I really don't like it. I just simply don't know, why Imperials have so amazing abilities like Orbital Strike or Force Choke and with my Smuggler char I am "forced" to kick someone into sensitive parts, for example while playing Jedi. It's okay for Smuggler, but not for other chars, It's wierd. Okay, there are not many abilities which could be used in legacy for all other chars, but Flash Grenade would be perfect I think. It would just finally make sense and be realistic and it would be nice if it was changed by Bioware. I just mean that other abilities are so epic compared with this Dirty Kick.
What do you think?

GeckoOBac
09.23.2012 , 01:47 AM | #2
Can't say I disagree :P I mean, you need a legacy to learn to kick somebody in the nuts? Ok, it's amazing that you can stun kick a DROID, but still...

Belly
09.23.2012 , 02:21 AM | #3
I think it's hilarious! Men, women, gigantic droids, lol
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Mithros
09.23.2012 , 09:51 AM | #4
Low brow humor never goes out of style, but dirty kick is absolutely useful.

The Imperial classes pass on generally higher level abilities than their Republic counterparts, but that does not automatically make them more useful.

From my perspective, the default HoT ability is the most useful ability of all, but there is some variance for the different classes, roles, and situations.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That being said, I wish that they had changed it around a little and gave a couple of the higher level abilities to Republic legacies.
Whether something is 'better' or not can be argued, but higher level can not be, and to many people they are one and the same.
This is the sort of thing that reinforces the pro-Imperial bias that some people claim the game has (and that has been demonstrated regarding ability imbalances previously).
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Lady-Jean
09.23.2012 , 11:53 AM | #5
Personaly I find Dirty Kick gets me out of a lot of sticky situations. Buys just enough time for me to patch up my mates and fight off the bad guy.

happysister
09.23.2012 , 12:05 PM | #6
i would rather have an insta-cast 4 second stun than a 3 second cast aoe that can be interrupted and people can easily run out of.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

Urael
09.24.2012 , 02:30 PM | #7
Extra interupt used for tough Gold Story Mobs > just another Damage ability for classes that are inclose.

For Snipers and Gunslingers more damage is always a good thing (too bad Gunslingers have to level an IA to compete).

bright_ephemera
09.24.2012 , 03:11 PM | #8
I agree that Dirty Kick seems hilariously out of place.

Orbital Bombardment. Force Choke. Lightning Storm.

...Kicking a guy in the junk.

I feel that the comedic nature of it (especially when compared to the rest of the galaxy!) really suits the smuggler's style, which is why I welcome it as the Legacy ability. And an extra interrupt is a wildly useful ability, it just isn't the delicious damage that other legacies give.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Philastra
09.24.2012 , 06:04 PM | #9
I love kicking ppl in the jewels on my BH...i've kicked someone in the nuts for 6.5k ...give a whole new meaning to bust a nut!
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Thebazilly
09.24.2012 , 09:35 PM | #10
The Legacy abilities aren't about what's best damage-wise or gameplay-wise or whatever. You can only use them during the 1 minute your Heroic Moment is active anyway. They're flavor, passed down from one character to another as part of your Legacy. They're supposed to be iconic of the class they represent, which Dirty Kick certainly is. It definitely encompasses the Smuggler's comedic and somewhat raunchy demeanor.