Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Critical - which attacks use that?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Force Critical - which attacks use that?

DropbearSW
09.22.2012 , 06:40 PM | #1
On the rage tree, the Malice talent allows you to increase Force Critical chance by 6%.

Which attacks would benefit from this? Force Shout, Smash - any more?

Im trying to decide between this talent, or Cloak of Carnage, under Carnage Tree .. (annihilation mara by the way)
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

Brittaany_Banks
09.22.2012 , 06:45 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DropbearSW View Post
On the rage tree, the Malice talent allows you to increase Force Critical chance by 6%.

Which attacks would benefit from this? Force Shout, Smash - any more?

Im trying to decide between this talent, or Cloak of Carnage, under Carnage Tree .. (annihilation mara by the way)
Any force based attack benefits from the Force Critical Chance. For example...

As a sage seer I have the force critical chance in my skills as well. It affects my heals, disturbance, project, telekinetic wave, and force slow. It does not add however to my melee crit chance so saber strike and double strike do not benefit from it.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

Elear
09.22.2012 , 06:55 PM | #3
If damage appears yellow, it's tech/force, if it appears white, it's physical.

When in doubt, buy cheap willpower stim, note tooltip damage of skill in question, take stim and see if this changed, as willpower affects only force power and therefore force attacks.

So for anni aside from smash/choke/shout it'll affect your dots.

DropbearSW
09.22.2012 , 07:17 PM | #4
The dots are bleed effects, so force power wouldn't have anything to do with them would it?
Master Dar'Nala
Talon (50 Sorc), Psi-Ko (50 Mara), Mash (50 Op)
<BOSS>

Elear
09.23.2012 , 06:59 AM | #5
And yet it does. If you don't want to believe me, try willpower test. Str increases both bonus damage and force power, willpower as secondary stat increases only force power. Take willpower stim and notice increase in tooltip damage(and well, actual dmg too, since dot dmg is not affected by RNG) of your both dots.

Megatfx
09.26.2012 , 05:46 AM | #6
Which is why every Marauder should have gotten all the Willpower Datacrons. I did and gained a few bonus damage on Force Attacks as well as critical chance.

rgizzie
10.03.2012 , 10:50 AM | #7
So what stim is best overall? Willpower or strength?

oofalong
10.03.2012 , 01:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rgizzie View Post
So what stim is best overall? Willpower or strength?
Strength stims are better than willpower stims. Willpower will boost all of your force damage and crit %. However, you should never replace strength with willpower as strength also boosts all of your melee damage while willpower does not.

Here is a list of Force damaging abilities for a Marauder:
  • Deadly Saber
  • Rupture (DoT)
  • Force Choke
  • Smash
  • Force Scream
  • Savage Kick
  • Pommel Strike
  • Force Crush

The dots are bleed effects, so force power wouldn't have anything to do with them would it?
The bleed effects are force damage so they absolutely benefit from willpower.

Definitely go with 3 points in Malice. Cloak of Carnage is pretty useless in my opinion.
Oofalong | Oofawrong | Incendiari | Uriyah | Litlah & More
Repoofalong | Tuamara | Liolami & More
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.