Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sorenia
09.26.2012 , 05:51 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
No, you haven't paid for new armor sets. You've paid for server upkeep and access to the game, silly.
You're misunderstanding the entire discussion. We're not talking about their contractual obligations here. We're talking about what 99% of the customers expect when they fork over the money.

Baraxis
09.26.2012 , 06:24 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
No, you haven't paid for new armor sets. You've paid for server upkeep and access to the game, silly.
That isn't any more true this time, then it was the first 500 times it has been said in many other game forums.
We pay for them to continue the developement of the game. Every player of every MMO in the past knew this...sad that developers have recently (over the past few years) have decided to claim ignorance.

LogicalPremise
09.26.2012 , 06:28 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
point out where in the TOS it says 12 of every 15 dollars you give to EAware must/will go towards content patches for TOR. I dare you.
Point out in the TOS where it explains how the game is going to survive when everyone with a brain leaves after months of zero content updates and now everything going in the cash shop and gambling boxes.

I love how people keep chanting this "TOS, TOS" thing. "You only pay for access". Sorry, but if MMO A offers me access plus regular updates and new content for $15 and SWTOR offers "access" for $15, anyone who continues to subscribe at that point is wasting their money.

The answer to "I'm not getting enough for my money's worth" is not to tell the customer "You only get a tiny bit even if we advertise that we are giving you lots." Try that in any other business and you'll either be laughed out of business and bankrupt or sued for false advertising.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

Ooloi
09.26.2012 , 07:05 PM | #74
Well that will make my decisions easy. Put in locked boxes that drop and I'm gone. Out the door, never to return.

Etheric
09.26.2012 , 07:25 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
What does the TOS have to do with this? We're only talking about what people personally believe they will get out of their subscription fees. EA's INTENT doesn't matter.

If there is a gap between customer expectation and what EA is offering then that is EA's fault. Their inability to understand this sort of thing is why people stopped paying.
Then those people who's expectations are not being met should do just that, stop paying. Simple as that, just cancel your sub.

EA's intent DOES matter and it matters more than your personal belief. How so ? Your personal belief only affects YOU, EA's intent affects EVERYONE who buys their product.

If people believe they should recieve something more than "access to the game" for thier sub fee, then their either morons or delusional or a bit of both. How so ? Go argue your PERSONAL BELIEF against THEIR legal document in a court of law. Even the bum in the back of the court is gonna laugh at you.

EA's failure is on them. I will take no personal responsibility for their mistakes. I will neither buy Boxes or the keys to open them, MY CHOICE ( as it should be, as it always will be ). I know, taking into consideration, their track record so far, as well as their current plans, it is no longer a matter of IF but WHEN i cancel my sub. I take responsibility for ME and myself alone. EA's choices are EA's choices and only effect me if i allow it.

CadeAssant
09.26.2012 , 07:31 PM | #76
Is this really a surprise? Also sounds just like what DCUO does with their Vault Ticket system. Just it's in a box.
"Love doesn't lead to the dark side. Passion can lead to rage and fear, and can be controlled, but passion is not the same thing as love. Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you." ―Jolee Bindo

Sorenia
09.27.2012 , 04:56 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Etheric View Post
Then those people who's expectations are not being met should do just that, stop paying. Simple as that, just cancel your sub.
Or do something more logical like try to adjust their poor behavior through discussion. Your suggestion that our only option is "quit" is incorrect. It's borderline trolling in fact.

Zaxem
09.27.2012 , 05:01 AM | #78
So now we know why the new raid tier is getting jipped on new armor sets.

Essentially art time got put into these gambling boxes and thus we have no new armor tier. For those unfamiliar with F2P these will be gambling boxes where the items you want are extremely rare. It's essentially unregulated gambling (much worse odds than Vegas for instance).
as long as they make the gear you can get from the boxes obtianable from other methods i'm fine with this.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Etheric
09.27.2012 , 06:42 AM | #79
Or do something more logical like try to adjust their poor behavior through discussion. Your suggestion that our only option is "quit" is incorrect. It's borderline trolling in fact.
Never ONCE in my post did i use the word "only". My suggestion of Quiting was in responce to your,

'Their inability to understand this sort of thing is why people stopped paying"

IF they lack the ability to understand, no amount of explanation is going to help, for they LACK THE ABILITY. Have you ever tried to explain physics to a severely mentally challenged person. Its not going to work, cause they lack the cognitive ability to understand physics. So if EA lacks the ability to understand whatever it is you believe to be their poor behavior , no amount of explainings gonna do cause in your words "THEY LACK THE ABILITY"

Is it your hope that if people continue to throw money at them till they see the light and change their evil ways ?

Trolling, your opinion. I'd explain further but after reading some of your other post i believe i'd be trying to expain physics to a severely mentally challenged person and i'm not one for wasting my time.

FabulousDoctor
09.28.2012 , 12:51 AM | #80
New race: Australian

Special Emote: Rips open shirt to show australia shaped chest hair.

A real Mann's race to go with a Real Mann's crate!!!

((Star Wars: The Hat's Republic))