Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hambunctious
09.23.2012 , 01:03 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tojo_Hammer View Post
Its like... TCG for SWG all over again. Awesome looking items, vehicles, and decorations... All payed for because people will obviously do it.
Except subscribers got free packs every month, and the TCG was interesting to play.

There's no game to play in a cash shop random box item, but there is gambling.

BlazingShadow
09.23.2012 , 01:07 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Sorenia View Post
You really don't mind that we ALREADY lost normal content for these gambling boxes?
Where do you people get off?

What do you mean "Normal Content"? For the NINE months this game has been out, we have only seen 2 new ops, 2 new flashpoints, 1 warzone, we LOST Ilum PVP, and you're saying we're losing that trend of "Normal" content?>?? Oh please, even SWG at closing had a better track at content, 2006 and up they were churning out themeparks and ingame content at steady 3-4 month intervals.

I will give you this: One of the reasons we may have seen sucha drought in content may have been due to the development of the F2P and restructuring of the dev team, but JHChrist don't feel that the content has been churned out like candy and THIS F2P system is going to ruin it all when all you've ever known of this game is a handful of derp served in the first four months with a FIVE month drought.

LOOK at the gear sets we have, people. Tionese-Columi-Rakata are all the same models, WHY!? because theyre subtiers, all one tier. The blackhole/campaign gear is a new tier, with two subtiers so far. Don't get upset and worried until AFTER the 3rd subtier is launched and they haven't changed the armor appearance.

BlazingShadow
09.23.2012 , 01:09 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post
Except subscribers got free packs every month, and the TCG was interesting to play.

There's no game to play in a cash shop random box item, but there is gambling.
There will be random loot boxes on top of the ability to buy items directly from the shop. It won't all be random. And in SWG, subscribers got free packs every month, but more often than not they got -nothing- cool for ingame. You get actual token grants that can be saved up for this game's F2P.

It's not all bad. Sure, no card game, but I can deal with that if I can choose the loot I want directly.

Darka
09.23.2012 , 01:14 PM | #44
Appearance Tab time

Rayla_Felana
09.23.2012 , 02:01 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Insomnio View Post
None of that is true. For me, there are no login issues, no security problems, never been banned, no combat lag even with hundreds of people fighting, and no problem with the game running.

Im sure that some people could have issues running a game because of the various differences in built machines, but GW2 kills SWTOR in terms of how well it runs. For me TOR ran subpar, but GW2 is all high settings and consistant impressive framerate.
None of it for me either, but the issues are there and are very real, Arenanet themselves have been working around the clock since launch to fix them all, I am not claiming one game is better than another, just debunking this idea that Guild Wars 2 has nothing wrong with it.

Taleek
09.23.2012 , 02:22 PM | #46
Isn't this just the second half of Tier 2 gear? Wasn't the second half of T1 just recolored too? Although I agree the boxes could go horribly wrong, I think the art is a silly thing to complain about. Bioware obviously doesn't want us to wear the endgame armor, which is why they made most of it look so bad.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

The_Scatman
09.23.2012 , 03:28 PM | #47
I play STO, I was one of the very unlucky ones who bought a lifetime to the game.

If lockboxes are coming here as well, then this game will head the same way sto is. Right into the ground!

Redat
09.23.2012 , 04:59 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Scatman View Post
I play STO, I was one of the very unlucky ones who bought a lifetime to the game.

If lockboxes are coming here as well, then this game will head the same way sto is. Right into the ground!
QTF, as this guy can clarify, the FACTS I quoted about STO's downward spiral are quite true.......and relevant.

Thornsbane
09.23.2012 , 06:43 PM | #49
They have to get money out of the F2P cheap *****es somehow.

And if you sub you get a bunch of coins to spend on whatever you want each month.

Deewe
09.23.2012 , 07:57 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
It's a money trap and quite frankly, should be illegal IMO.
Simply put, it's a scam.