Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

grombrinda
09.22.2012 , 05:27 PM | #11
Wow...they tore a page out of Forsaken World...A PerfectWorld game (f2p)...if they did , expect to spend a buttload of cash trying to get said cool looking gear!! They rate drops are extremely low....that really...@#$#@!
Oh and for you who think this is bad...wait till you see someone spending $100's a month on these......
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

Reble-Dog-Squad
09.22.2012 , 05:38 PM | #12
I don't see the big deal with this, at the moment in the game you can either get boxes for free as rewards for missions completed or spend commendations to get them.

Now they have decided to put them in the CC shop as something you can buy to get that 1 in a million cool looking gear.

This isn't new to the game, the new part is that you have to pay for them in F2P with real money or the free Cartel Coins that are given to subscribers.
Australian CE VIP

Welcome to SWTOR, Click on the link below to gain in game rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/42CvHk

Izorii
09.22.2012 , 05:40 PM | #13
They need to find things which people will buy in the cartel shop. Hearing whats going in so far I cant see many people who can not afford subscription buying much of the stuff in the cartel shop, and most people subbing wont need XP boosts or legacy boosts or Valor boosts or vanity pets unless the new pets are much better than the ones we keep getting free, as for the new gear sacks for lv 15 etc, I cant see anyone wasting cash on gear they will out level within hours. As such given what we have heard so far the chance of getting new cooler looking gear is probably the only thing they have to sell to the hard core player who has most everything and is easy to mass produce.

Personaly I was hoping for new species so I would wamt to level more alts, which I would then want to buy outfits and other items for and new star ship skins. As is my lv 50's are hardly going to need XP boosts and its very unlikly they will need new speeders. outfits or pets as they have plenty of these and there is not much waiting on the group finder to flash.

I suepct that the gambling boxes will hold uber loot. Play to Win will be hidden by the fact that you can not buy new uber gear but you need cash keys to open the in game boxes which hold the uber gear. Way to get round selling new uber gear for cash and also to encourage people to spend a lot more cash trying to get it.

Kubernetic
09.22.2012 , 05:44 PM | #14
Yeah, did PerfectWorld buy EA all of the sudden?

This is pathetic. If you're going to make a cash shop, put the damned armor in the cash shop for a price and let us buy it. Gamlbing boxes are the stuff of trash games.

People called this early, and I didn't want to believe it was going to happen. But here it is, staring us in the face. What a load.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Varium
09.22.2012 , 05:46 PM | #15
I wonder if these people who already hate these boxes also hate Mann Co. Boxes in TF2, I hope so.
Obligatory SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/43YdkT 7 day sub, etc etc.

Sorenia
09.22.2012 , 06:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Reble-Dog-Squad View Post
I don't see the big deal with this, at the moment in the game you can either get boxes for free as rewards for missions completed or spend commendations to get them.
They'll be nothing like the current boxes. No matter what they'll find something you want and they'll put it in a box with a super rare chance to drop. Maybe it won't be pay2win but it'll be more than just "vanity" gear.

I've no problem paying more for stuff but I expect the items I want to not have a random price tag.

Foxinator
09.22.2012 , 06:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
Yeah, did PerfectWorld buy EA all of the sudden?

This is pathetic. If you're going to make a cash shop, put the damned armor in the cash shop for a price and let us buy it. Gamlbing boxes are the stuff of trash games.

People called this early, and I didn't want to believe it was going to happen. But here it is, staring us in the face. What a load.
I agree completely if there is a piece of gear in the boxes that I want I might buy a couple but if I don't get them in the boxes I will QQ until this game is dead.

Quething
09.22.2012 , 07:51 PM | #18
Hey, it apparently works for them in ME3 multiplayer, why stop now?

Jedi_Tyran
09.22.2012 , 11:00 PM | #19
We subscribers are getting the loyalty reward of many cartel points when f2p launches. it doesn't make sense for them to do that unless they also provide interesting items for us to buy in the cash shop. Being a subscriber doesn't get you all the items in the shop. They want us to spend our points and hopefully, buy even more points to spend in the shop on top of the sub.

AFKGCWBOT
09.22.2012 , 11:10 PM | #20
That's an EA for you.