Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New raid armor art going into gambling boxes.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

maxetius
10.01.2012 , 08:53 PM | #141
They already do this in Mass Effect 3. It's the same thing. No one sues. Everyone hates it.

Alec_Fortescue
10.02.2012 , 01:48 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
They already do this in Mass Effect 3. It's the same thing. No one sues. Everyone hates it.
It's optional, you can play three games on Gold mode (40m-1h) to get enough game currency for the most expensive box. Will the gambling boxes be available for credits? No news on it so far.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Lunafox
10.02.2012 , 02:47 AM | #143
I just dont understand how Bioware/EA can think these boxes are a good idea. Alot of people are already annoyed for varying reasons...are they actually going to risk annoying the rest of us too?

I would like cool gear as much as anyone, but I absolutely REFUSE to buy random boxes for it. If you put up a nice looking item for x amount of dollars, odds are, I would buy it, if I liked it, but I'm not going to spend $100's of dollars on rubbish in the hopes of getting something good.

To that idea, I have this to say: GET STUFFED. If you people are reading your forums, you have to understand, you're alienating the people you have left. People who stuck it out here, when everyone was squawking about quitting, and bugs and imbalance and lack of this and that. People like me, and I'm not happy atm.
The Foundation of all Desire
At FanFiction.net

KotFE: I find your lack of Theron disturbing...WHERE'S THERON SHAN?

Nikei
10.02.2012 , 05:03 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The first season of Cartel packs will draw heavily on preexisting armor appearances that haven’t been used for player-wearable equipment thus far. They’ll include some new models, but we did not draw on endgame content appearances for them.
And this right here is high on the list of things that finally made me cancel - the cheap and chintzy level of investment in this game. Get a costume designer (or heck, TEAM) and get some new looks flowing into the game. You KNOW how much the last cycle sucked in the court of public opinion. You should have be working this issue hard in the half a year since, not digging into your meager stocks of existing assets to populate your new cash shop.

Free-to-play is not going to help your bottom line when the bosses are treating this MMO as free-to-prduce.

tolaf
10.02.2012 , 05:28 PM | #145
The day these boxes go out is the day i quit, i won't support a game company that does this.
Allowing corporate greed in our games is the thing that has been killing the video game genre.
Dark Nova leader of the Sin-gie clan

Crixa
10.02.2012 , 08:34 PM | #146
Wow, what a fail system. This had better not be what they wind up rolling out.

arunav
10.02.2012 , 10:54 PM | #147
There are already enough really good looking orange and purple sets in the game to customize your look with, if you try to find them on the GTN or get them via drops. In addition, they will be adding orange shells to simply buy in the cash shop.

I understand that you must lose set bonuses until attaining campaign gear to fully utilize orange gear, but that will also become easier as the months continue to pass. If you are into raiding, you should probably have 4 pieces of campaign gear by now or pretty soon. If you're not into raiding, then you don't need the set bonuses.

If you PvP primarily, getting 4 pieces of WH gear does not take more than a month or so, simply doing the daily and weekly mission. With the introduction of a new PvP tier set on the horizon, WH will become very easy to get, like BM is now.

Nobody needs to buy anything in gambling boxes to get cool looking Star Wars armor, get around the current endgame gear. With very few exceptions, there are ways of putting together unique looking orange sets in each class.

Kahotep
10.02.2012 , 11:08 PM | #148
I would never go into a shop, put my money down on the counter and say, "Sell me something random!". I'm not going to do it in a video game either.

However, I might, just might, pay real money to buy cool looking orange gear if I know in advance exactly what I'm getting for my cash.

Darth-Rammstein
10.02.2012 , 11:20 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Kahotep View Post
I would never go into a shop, put my money down on the counter and say, "Sell me something random!". I'm not going to do it in a video game either.

However, I might, just might, pay real money to buy cool looking orange gear if I know in advance exactly what I'm getting for my cash.
It's actually a brilliant marketing strategy, all they have to do is have the box drop alot of common loot but have a small chance like 2% that it will drop some rare mount or pet and people will spend all kinds of cash to keep opening them till they get lucky. It's kind of like gambling and any addict with a credit card will get suckered in.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five ----> The Ebon Hawk
http://www.swtor.com/r/RC8V8V New and Old players welcome to use my referral for rewards, much appreciated.

Sorn
10.02.2012 , 11:25 PM | #150
If part of winning is getting cool stuff.

Then this is Pay2Win btw.