Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 01:25 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
They're ALL douches in one form or another. I mean, they ARE all Sith... or Jedi who became Sith. Either way. lol
I guess anyone who kills for their own personal gain is kind of a douche.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

GarfieldJL
09.24.2012 , 02:40 PM | #42
This would be relatively interesting.

Exar Kun uses a saber staff and knows how to use it, but would not know Djem So. So while a skilled saber staff use is extremely dangerous, his unfamiliarity with Djem So would be a weakness.

Revan is skilled with several saber forms and typically uses two lightsabers, which has advantages and disadvantages. He'd be weak against some Djem So attacks, if he didn't know what was doing, but I think he's not an idiot, so I don't think Bane or Vader could exploit that. Revan also knows about Exar Kun, so he may know some tidbits about Exar Kun's fighting techniques.

Bane has his living armor that is resistant to lightsabers, but weak against lightning. Bane also probably has some knowledge of Kun and Revan.

Vader is powerful and uses Djem So. He has some weakness to force lightning, he'd also have the most knowledge concerning his opponents of the group.

As to who would win, whomever could be drawn into attacking first would likely be the first to die, regardless of power.

Temperment:
Exar Kun: Seemed rather full of himself (like most Sith), he may have an overconfidence in his abilities too.

Revan: Is extremely patient for a Sith and a skilled tactician, odds of him getting drawn into making the first move is rather low.

Bane: From what I've read he is extremely short tempered, he also would believe he is invincible.

Darth Vader: In his prime Vader was incredibly patient when the situation called for it, he had a temper but not like Bane.

Probable Scenario:

Exar Kun would probably be his annoying self and thus would be attacked by Bane. Revan and Vader would likely wait long enough to ascertain their opponents before charging in like complete idiots. Assuming Kun doesn't figure out Bane's Vulnerability then Kun is toast, otherwise Bane is toast. Kun's technique isn't the greatest when it comes to close in combat (potential of skewering yourself), Djem So has an advantage of shear power.

It's likely Kun would be the first to fall and Revan then uses force lightning on Bane after seeing the saber doesn't work. Leaving the fight between Vader and Revan, Djem So versus Force Lightning.

I think Revan would win this, because he would be the least likely to be drawn into attacking first, and the best tactician of the group.

Bane thinks he's invincible which is another contributing factor to this analysis and he would probably be the first person to attack. He'd consider Exar Kun his primary competition most likely, therefore they would be the two likely to be bumped off first.

Bane and Kun will either kill each other or Revan would fry Bane, or Vader would skewer Exar Kun. Something along those lines.

If Bane didn't believe he was invincible and wasn't as short tempered as he was, then likely Bane would be the winner, but since he does have those flaws (Vader can't take on Bane due to inability to use force lightning), it would have to be Kun or Revan that takes down Bane.

All Revan needs is an opening and he could probably take down Bane and Vader at the same time. If raw power was the deciding factor, Exar Kun or Darth Vader would be the victor, but I don't think power will be the deciding factor in this, instead it would go to whom is best able to tactically assess his opposition and least likely to be drawn into a rash action, the victor would probably be Revan.

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 07:08 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
This would be relatively interesting.

Exar Kun uses a saber staff and knows how to use it, but would not know Djem So. So while a skilled saber staff use is extremely dangerous, his unfamiliarity with Djem So would be a weakness.

Revan is skilled with several saber forms and typically uses two lightsabers, which has advantages and disadvantages. He'd be weak against some Djem So attacks, if he didn't know what was doing, but I think he's not an idiot, so I don't think Bane or Vader could exploit that. Revan also knows about Exar Kun, so he may know some tidbits about Exar Kun's fighting techniques.

Bane has his living armor that is resistant to lightsabers, but weak against lightning. Bane also probably has some knowledge of Kun and Revan.

Vader is powerful and uses Djem So. He has some weakness to force lightning, he'd also have the most knowledge concerning his opponents of the group.

As to who would win, whomever could be drawn into attacking first would likely be the first to die, regardless of power.

Temperment:
Exar Kun: Seemed rather full of himself (like most Sith), he may have an overconfidence in his abilities too.

Revan: Is extremely patient for a Sith and a skilled tactician, odds of him getting drawn into making the first move is rather low.

Bane: From what I've read he is extremely short tempered, he also would believe he is invincible.

Darth Vader: In his prime Vader was incredibly patient when the situation called for it, he had a temper but not like Bane.

Probable Scenario:

Exar Kun would probably be his annoying self and thus would be attacked by Bane. Revan and Vader would likely wait long enough to ascertain their opponents before charging in like complete idiots. Assuming Kun doesn't figure out Bane's Vulnerability then Kun is toast, otherwise Bane is toast. Kun's technique isn't the greatest when it comes to close in combat (potential of skewering yourself), Djem So has an advantage of shear power.

It's likely Kun would be the first to fall and Revan then uses force lightning on Bane after seeing the saber doesn't work. Leaving the fight between Vader and Revan, Djem So versus Force Lightning.

I think Revan would win this, because he would be the least likely to be drawn into attacking first, and the best tactician of the group.

Bane thinks he's invincible which is another contributing factor to this analysis and he would probably be the first person to attack. He'd consider Exar Kun his primary competition most likely, therefore they would be the two likely to be bumped off first.

Bane and Kun will either kill each other or Revan would fry Bane, or Vader would skewer Exar Kun. Something along those lines.

If Bane didn't believe he was invincible and wasn't as short tempered as he was, then likely Bane would be the winner, but since he does have those flaws (Vader can't take on Bane due to inability to use force lightning), it would have to be Kun or Revan that takes down Bane.

All Revan needs is an opening and he could probably take down Bane and Vader at the same time. If raw power was the deciding factor, Exar Kun or Darth Vader would be the victor, but I don't think power will be the deciding factor in this, instead it would go to whom is best able to tactically assess his opposition and least likely to be drawn into a rash action, the victor would probably be Revan.
Your scenario is very well thought out, unfortunately the major flaw is Revan being the victor. Vader is the better duelist and far more powerful wielder of the Force. Revan doesn't have a chance.

But still a very good assesment of the battle.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
09.24.2012 , 07:09 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
I don't think Kun is a douche.

I thought he was a good Sith, I mean especially after killing an entire race..
As a Sith he was fine,

but he acts like a douche.

DragonRhapsody
09.24.2012 , 09:57 PM | #45
I think i would agree with GarfieldJL on the battle assessment. Vader and Revan are way to patient to go head long at an unfamiliar enemy and are too smart to team up with any of the others. They would both wait for the right moment and strike hard. If it came down to Vader and Revan it would get complicated. Vader beats Revan on shear lightsaber combat and has a variety of force abilities that he incorporates into his close combat. Revan uses differenct styles of saber combat and is no slouch in the force either. I think Vader has an advantage and would turn this into a lightsaber duel asap and try to overwhelm Revan considering that is his major strong suite. Revans chance would be surviving long enough to get in a good force lightning. But Vader was not at all generous with giving openings(even microscopic ones). I think it would come down to patience and timing. Miss your chance and your dead.(side note Revan was very good at persuading people to his side. however the chances of that happening in this instance is very unlikely. even tho i am a fan of Revan)

tunewalker
09.25.2012 , 01:11 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Your scenario is very well thought out, unfortunately the major flaw is Revan being the victor. Vader is the better duelist and far more powerful wielder of the Force. Revan doesn't have a chance.

But still a very good assesment of the battle.
I have to agree with this I thought the same thing when I read it if it comes down to 1v1 Vader vs Revan, revan is finished Vader is physically stronger and stronger in the Force and a better saber duelist, and he is not a slouche in the tactics department especially saber dueling tactics he learned from his mistake on Mustifar he menuevers his opponent to where they are cornered now and doesn't let himself be cornered. Revan doesn't really stand a chance against any of these 3 in a 1v1 fight only through a back stab where he has figured out an opponents weakness before hand (like depicted here) would he be able to get a kill but once its down to 1v1 Revan is finished.

LordQordisz
09.25.2012 , 01:58 AM | #47
Revan is the 4th wheel in this fight. Vader wins.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

ReiKai
09.25.2012 , 08:36 AM | #48
Revan, actually, primarily uses only one lightsaber. And all this hate is quite undeserving and the idea that Exar Kun could convince him of anything is downright laughable. In terms of tactical genius, charisma and knowledge of the Force, Revan has them all outclassed. As for Bane, he is just as good at Djem So as Vader was, and could use more powers of the Force. And, more than likely, would see Revan as more of a master or mentor, due to having learned from Darth Revan's holocron and forming the idea to create the Rule of Two. More than likely, Bane and Revan would form a temporary teaming arrangement to take down the others before turning on each other.

While Exar Kun may try and possibly get Vader on his side, it's highly unlikely he'll get anything out of Vader than a few short words and the sound of his respirator. Vader would have no qualms about taking on the other three alone, however he'd be quickly overwhelmed and defeated. Exar Kun, due to his arrogance and belief in his own ability, is also likely to fight alone and try to take everyone himself. Which would be a mistake.

Ultimately, this may come down to Revan and Bane. These two are the most likely to sit back and wait to see how the other fight goes before making any moves of their own. Bane, after losing the Orbalisks, learned the virtue of patience and planned things further ahead in the future than most could see. Revan has always exercised patience and has a keen tactical mind and one strong enough to resist the constant mental assault from the Sith Emperor for almost three centuries. It was also because of Revan's influence that the Sith Emperor called for the peace signing with the Treaty of Coruscant rather than destroy the Republic right then and there after the Sacking of Coruscant. And it was heavily implied that Revan was the only thing keeping the Sith Emperor from communicating with the Dark Council and his other vessels.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Xatasha
09.25.2012 , 10:52 AM | #49
Vadar would win since he has the advantage of knowing all the others. As the most recent dark lord he would of studied all the others and know their strengths, weaknesses and motives. He on the other hand would be a total unknown to the others.

BrandonSM
09.25.2012 , 01:46 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Xatasha View Post
Vadar would win since he has the advantage of knowing all the others. As the most recent dark lord he would of studied all the others and know their strengths, weaknesses and motives. He on the other hand would be a total unknown to the others.

Thats actually a good point, I never thought about that.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."