Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kun vs Vader vs Bane vs Revan.

grandmthethird
09.23.2012 , 06:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sparkykey View Post
Bane, no brainer, cause he's the only out of the 4 combatants that was always part of the dark side, all those others dabbled in the light, they would stand no chance against the true embodiment of the sith!
i'm not sure if being a pure darkside sith from the beginning is all that much of an advantage. no one can really say any of the 4 can't control the darkside or that they are a darkside noob, and the question was in their prime

i think it comes down to vader and kun, with vader winning
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

Rayla_Felana
09.23.2012 , 07:30 AM | #22
I don't see how any of them can beat Kun, I have heard the claim that Bane and Vader had greater telekinetic power than Kun, but anyone who read Tales of the Jedi know full well that's a lie.

BrandonSM
09.23.2012 , 08:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I don't see how any of them can beat Kun, I have heard the claim that Bane and Vader had greater telekinetic power than Kun, but anyone who read Tales of the Jedi know full well that's a lie.
I would believe Vader to have better telekinetic power but Bane.

I will tell you something that Rhyltran told me.

Most likely, if a character in the movies uses an ability or lightsaber form in the movie, he is usually going to be the greatest user of the ability or one of the greatest. But the character has to be in their prime when you are taking the statments. So Anakin Skywalker isn't gonna be the greatest master of Ataru even though he sequences from it in Ep. 2. But he was in his prime in Ep. 3 as Anakin and he used only Djem So.

Ex:

Mace Windu: Vapaad
Sidious: Force Lightning
Dooku: Makashi
Obi-wan Kenobi: Soresu, Diplomacy
Anakin Skywalker: Djem So and mastery of Force Push
Darth Vader: Telekinetic Power
Kit Fisto: Shii-Cho
Sidious: Mastery of all Forms of Lightsaber and great telekinetic power.

And the list will go on and on.

Most of the time that statement is right.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana
09.23.2012 , 08:30 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

Most likely, if a character in the movies uses an ability or lightsaber form in the movie, he is usually going to be the greatest user of the ability or one of the greatest. But the character has to be in their prime when you are taking the statments. So Anakin Skywalker isn't gonna be the greatest master of Ataru even though he sequences from it in Ep. 2. But he was in his prime in Ep. 3 as Anakin and he used only Djem So.

Ex:

Yeh I can agree there, definitely, but I don't quite see it as far flung as some people have made it out to be, he was the most infamous Sith Lord of the Old Sith Wars era for a reason(Though I bet that'll change when every book author and their mother has the Great Galactic War written in their novel somewhere, it's already started with Book of Sith.

Aurbere
09.23.2012 , 08:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Well none of these guys are immortal by any means. I'm thinking this battle comes down to whoever manuevers the others into the best position for them to strike them all at once. In that area, Revan wins. But Revan doesn't have the power to beat Vader or Kun. So if Revan can't do it, then Kun most likely would.

I give this battle to Kun. He can engage multiple opponents with his saberstaff and has the power to hold off Vader and Bane.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Crawelc
09.23.2012 , 10:17 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

Ex:

So who then would be in canon the best Ataru form user?
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

ALMAINYNY
09.23.2012 , 10:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
My guess would be Yoda. He uses that form strictly to augment his mobility. Thanks to his age, he can't move very quickly, so he uses the Force and the Ataru form to allow him to hold his own against enemies like Dooku and Sidious. All that jumping around he does while attacking would be Ataru, if I am not mistaken.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force

Rayla_Felana
09.23.2012 , 10:31 AM | #28
Yoda.

Crawelc
09.23.2012 , 10:32 AM | #29
I thought Ataru was a dual saber form. Is it just a form and the addititon of a second saber is optional? Sorry to derail your thread OP.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Rayla_Felana
09.23.2012 , 10:35 AM | #30
I thought Ataru was a dual saber form. Is it just a form and the addititon of a second saber is optional? Sorry to derail your thread OP.
Ataru is a form, Jar'kai is the term used for dual-bladed combat.