Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concealment Op PVP guide

randiesel
12.25.2012 , 09:28 PM | #11
Well done post.

I particularly liked what you had to say about out of stealth combat. I find so many bad Ops and Scrappers that just can't do it.

I just started a lowbie on POT5 and was just glancing at the forums and came across this guide. Good deal.

AngelofCain
12.26.2012 , 08:34 AM | #12
out of combat stealth is actually one of the most fun things on a Operative. Cause if you just run up to someone and just start stomping them, it makes people panic. cause sometimes You just have to pretend you are a wearing a dinosaur costume!!! (something positive, comic reference, Don't know it go read!)
http://www.somethingpositive.net/2011archive.shtml
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

AngelofCain
12.27.2012 , 10:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
out of combat stealth is actually one of the most fun things on a Operative. Cause if you just run up to someone and just start stomping them, it makes people panic. cause sometimes You just have to pretend you are a wearing a dinosaur costume!!! (something positive, comic reference, Don't know it go read!)
http://www.somethingpositive.net/2011archive.shtml
this is terrible grammar and makes me sound special in the head. Playing a operative is fun, but you need to always be at least 1 step ahead of your target.

Swanea
12.28.2012 , 07:14 AM | #14
Uhm...Why a point in scouting and one in tactical op? So if everything goes perfectly you will see that other sin/op less then half a second before they see you?

And while I understand the Imp Ed, I prefer Incisive action for pug stuff since running around a corner, getting a quick heal or two off and being able to put back up SB. In a premade, sure I take Imp Ed.
Swanea Stormrider

WAR - WoW - LotRO - SWG
Internecion - Apex - FotR - EE/BoT/SWoT

AngelofCain
12.28.2012 , 11:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Swanea View Post
Uhm...Why a point in scouting and one in tactical op? So if everything goes perfectly you will see that other sin/op less then half a second before they see you?

And while I understand the Imp Ed, I prefer Incisive action for pug stuff since running around a corner, getting a quick heal or two off and being able to put back up SB. In a premade, sure I take Imp Ed.
Just after countless fights I find that this for me was the most balanced build. It has weaknesses and such, I just learned to compensate for them.

Sounds good and such, but this was my rated build and I just never changed it. 2147 rating, 149 wins/ 17 losses, I just got bored of doing rateds and my original guild broke up so I just solo queue for fun now. Don't even think about the build.

I am of the school of thought, if it works for you and it makes it manageable for you, do it. IA sounds like a fantastic pug addition to the build. Post the build and I'll toss it up as a viable alternative.

AngelofCain
12.29.2012 , 10:15 AM | #16
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=518995&page=4

for people asking me about gearing issues, power versus expertise and some stuff about cunning (with some terrible math, that people like to come up with) and power versus cunning. This whole thread is interesting, but second to last on bottom of page 4 is where the power vs expertise is laid out.

Halom
12.30.2012 , 06:14 PM | #17
Well technically I'm a healer at heart .
BUT! I messed with concealment today and my assassin friend went Deception.
It was rather funny. Good tips too Hallow. And yes he is right people! When he comes up behind me when I'm healing I wanna scream. Its even worse when I see him in stealth a split second before he "hidden strikes" me and I know its coming and can't help it. Anyway good guide.

-Halom
<Halom> Operative Heals/DPS
<Prophecy of the Five>
<Professional Nerfherders> We provide only the finest Nerfherders
<Master of Secrets> I know where Hallow hides

AngelofCain
12.30.2012 , 10:22 PM | #18
so glad you had fun!!! it is super fun!! Like playing Dexter in swtor.

AngelofCain
01.07.2013 , 11:49 PM | #19
Bump for fresh 50's ops that want to pvp.

Gerbanator
01.08.2013 , 03:18 PM | #20
Good post for those wanting to be better at their Operative.
Gerbly Gerb 50 Operative Pot5
Gerbanista Gerb 50 Marauder Pot5

http://i.imgur.com/wq3xT0z.jpg