Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jug Tanks not as good as Other Tanks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jug Tanks not as good as Other Tanks

Cran
09.23.2012 , 05:04 AM | #31
The point many people try to make, OP, is, that you do not NEED so much life as a juggernaut to be equal to other tanking classes.

Why? Because the mechanics of the classes differ. If the shield chance of the assasin fails and he takes a hit, he goes down a good amount, so he needs more health and self-healing abilities to mitigate the incoming damage and save the healer from getting an heart attack.

A juggernaut will usually not get this damage spikes, so it is a WASTE OF RESOURCES to stack endurance as high in a Juggernaut as in an assasin.

Personally, speaking as a sorcerer healer, I like assasins least of all tanking classes, and greatly prefer a pyrotech or juggernaut, because in nearly all situations, the damage, albeit not higher or lower, comes in regular intervals and not in great chunks, which, due to my class, I find easier to compensate with my healing, other healing classes might prefer it the other way round.

MorgothPl
09.23.2012 , 05:11 AM | #32
About the low damage... Correct me, if I'm wrong, but in every MMO I played tanks were never at top of damage list. I always believed that my role is just to dish enough damage to generate enough threat to keep it away from rest of party, leaving killing to DPS.

Also for health issues. Lets say we got two tanks, one has 30k health, no mitigation, other has 20k with 50% mitigation. And we have boss that hits for 5k health special attack. For unmitigated tank that means that he looses 5k health, the mitigated looses 2,5k....which one is faster and easier to heal?

Weeblie
09.23.2012 , 09:26 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkabysslord View Post
B4 Swithcing out my mods I was up to 29500 and Got a PT in My Guild With 32k HP And Ive Seen Assassion Over 30k B4 asking make Share U kno what Ur talking about.

Right Now with Stim and Buff im at 28k With 25/50/51
The PT and Assassin tanks in your guild are obviously doing it wrong.

BiS-like tankasins should be looking at the ballpark of 24.5k HP with 30/65/65.
"Nothing is impossible because impossible itself says I M Possible."

snakebam
09.30.2012 , 03:15 AM | #34
We have to use taunt in our rotation to keep aggro and still ppl say jugg tanks are just fine? Harder to play class means less players do it right hence the believe jugg is the worst tank of 'em all...

Tiek
09.30.2012 , 04:29 AM | #35
i find jugs to be the most efficient of the tanks, and easy to heal. jugs having a little less health than an assassin tank means absolutely nothing, aside from the age old tank health e-peen.

Nomaad
09.30.2012 , 05:04 AM | #36
Sorry, in my opinion Jugg is the best tank, you just have to know HOW to tank with it.

GhostDrone
09.30.2012 , 05:52 AM | #37
Levelled as a tank, tanked end-game as a tank, and now re-learning to tank because i haven't played my Juggernaut in months.

As for the OP; i stopped reading when i saw "30k-32k" health.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

zetroll
09.30.2012 , 06:01 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by snakebam View Post
We have to use taunt in our rotation to keep aggro and still ppl say jugg tanks are just fine?

We don't "have to". I only do it on firebrand and stormcaller so those silly DPS don't even have to care about aggro.
But since you can, since it gives you garanted aggro and extra threat, since it's out of GCD and instant cast and since it allows your dps' to go all frenzy... *** would you not use it ? and *** are you saying jugg are not fine ? It's the way it is working in SWTOR and well... why the hell not ?

Jugg are a little harder to handle ? I could agree... but hell this is SWTOR... it's a bloody medium difficulty PvE we are talking about... not some hardcore raiding stuff...
The Vindicar Legacy
DarthNihilus | BlackList

* recrutement ouvert *

kirorx
09.30.2012 , 06:29 AM | #39
I would like to comment on this as i play all tank types.

I use my juggy tnak as my main tank in PVE, his surviability is great.

Though compared to my assassintank, the ability to generate and hold aggro is a bit tough, I feel lke neither the 31 point ability or the backhand generate any kind of real hate and i find myself only using the basic taunt and the aoe taunt.

So aside from his ability to generate or hold aggro, juggy tnaks are pretty solid. My tank assassin can hold aggro really well, but use him mostly for regulary HMs and PVP
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

DorkTrooper
09.30.2012 , 06:59 AM | #40
My juggernaut is the only tank I have at endgame so far, so I can't directly compare it to the others. I do know that juggs can be more challenging for holding aggro on large, spread-out groups, and certain enemy boss buffs make things very difficult for melee tanks (hello, Force Jump). That said, the jugg has plenty of passive and active mitigation abilities (and a decent fake, temporary self-heal) that make it excellent versus a single boss. You just have to watch the cooldowns and save the defensive actions for the right time (just before enrage, etc).