Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board

Jaing
09.28.2012 , 06:55 AM | #11
Couple points of clarification:

1) Can Imperials hunt Republic, and if so would /duel even work or would it all have to be coordinated through /yell or /say and then arrange a flagged fight? I mostly play Imperial and it seems like the bulk of the bounties are on the Republic. (also not seeing the Imperial targets on much when I'm on)

2) Are the Known Associated and Joint contracts meant to be 1-on-1 single-elimination style rounds, or simultaneous combat against multiple targets?

As a side note, I really like that you said we can track them using any means necessary.

AlyxDinas
09.28.2012 , 09:23 PM | #12
Quote:
1) Can Imperials hunt Republic, and if so would /duel even work or would it all have to be coordinated through /yell or /say and then arrange a flagged fight? I mostly play Imperial and it seems like the bulk of the bounties are on the Republic. (also not seeing the Imperial targets on much when I'm on)
You can hunt any target regardless of faction. Although, due to the nature of the game, it becomes more difficult at times to hunt a mark of the opposing faction. There's not much to do about this, although I know some hunters have made use of contact on the "other side" as it were. In cases like this, you can /duel is neither of you is flagged. In cases where you have entered an area that automatically flags you, either party can attack. To clarify what I mean, I will tell you that we once has a Imperial hunter track a mark to the main Republic base on Belsavis. After some roleplaying, the mark actually opened fire on the hunter first. This scenario doesn't violate any rules, nor would "ambushing" a mark that is already flagged for PvP.

Essentially, whatever circumstances the parties can make use of are acceptable.

Quote:
2) Are the Known Associated and Joint contracts meant to be 1-on-1 single-elimination style rounds, or simultaneous combat against multiple targets?
This is something of a similar situation. In a case where a player is not flagged for PvP, joint contracts or know associates work as follows. Player A attacks. Should Player B fend them off, Player C may attack. Player C cannot heal inbetween this period with their OOC self heal. To help visualize this, I'll type out an example:

"Bounty Hunters Jen Soma and Wil Dyrell declare their intention to form a joint contract on the dangerous murderer Tala'sin. They find Tala'sin. The character is not flagged for PvP. Jen attacks first. She does some damage but Tala'sin defeats her. Wil is now permitted to continue the fight. Tala'sin cannot heal in between."

In a case where the character is flagged, two versus one is acceptable. Largely because such a situation is statistically rarer. I will amend the ruleset to make this clearer.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Caprindo
09.30.2012 , 11:11 PM | #13
Is there a way to make a not-so-discreet hint towards a slight reward for a role-played capture or some-such scenario?

AlyxDinas
09.30.2012 , 11:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Caprindo View Post
Is there a way to make a not-so-discreet hint towards a slight reward for a role-played capture or some-such scenario?
I am not sure I understand the question. You can offer bonus conditions that can be completed for extra credits. But they must be reasonable and in good taste.

But you cannot say: "You can only complete this bounty through RP." Roleplaying usually occurs, even with a /duel. If you want to post that you prefer a roleplayed conflict, that's fine but the hunter doesn't have to abide by that. But it would be listed with your bounty as a special note.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
"Perception Problem."

Nexxgrayson
10.05.2012 , 10:54 PM | #15
Name: N'exx Grayson
Faction: Republic
Profession: "Freighter Captain"
Mission Type: Tracking Bounty
Reward offered: 20,000
Bonus offered: 10,000
Bonus conditions: Find out who this person really is and why he has taken so much interest in the employer's business.
Reason for Bounty: This "Freighter Captain" has shown a bit too much interest in the activities of the employer's organization. Find out where he is going and what he is up to.
Master Laurance

::: Service Corps Councillor :::
:: Pathfinder ::

AlyxDinas
10.07.2012 , 02:06 PM | #16
Alright folks. This board now has more bounties on than I can rightly remember. Hunters? Go hunting! Some of these people have already been walking around free for too long!
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
"Perception Problem."

AlyxDinas
10.11.2012 , 11:57 PM | #17
The bounty on Jynro Rathni has been claimed in a joint contract by Kerix Falco, Vinice Vekor , and Emmarine Faltari!
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
"Perception Problem."

AlyxDinas
10.23.2012 , 10:54 PM | #18
The 150,000 credit bounty on Hudgaar Oakfell was collected by Jynro Rathni, after a failed attempt by the hunter known as Drakk.

The board will be updated to reflect this, along with a few changes, soon.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
"Perception Problem."

AlyxDinas
10.24.2012 , 07:40 PM | #19
The 9,000 credit bountry on Merralné Organa has been claimed by Sector Ranger Ta'sin Hawatt.

Payment was deferred by the "hunter" who was merely enacting his duties as a law enforcement official. Merralné was turned over to authorities on Tython where she was captured only to later escape custody during transport. The methods of her escape are unknown at this time.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
"Perception Problem."

AlyxDinas
10.24.2012 , 07:48 PM | #20
his is as good a time as any to also refer people to the "involuntary but still voluntary" listing at Ebon-Hawk.net.

The individuals on that list have consented to allowing anyone to put a price on their head whenever. Xhera's the brains behind this little piece of fun. The major addition is that there is a 7 day cooldown on someone being hunted after the bounty is fulfilled. So if someone on that list got nicked, you can't post a price on them for another week.

The current list of players is as follows:

Empire
  • Xhera
  • Ly'kaios
  • Měldred

Republic
  • Darnell
  • Merralné
  • Kloma
  • Vivek
  • Ishoam
  • Hibar
  • Komad

As bounties from this list are added, I will place them here as well. Additionally, the posting on Hlemmur and Tyvain Swiftsaber have expired and are off the board.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
"Perception Problem."