Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where to start for a tanking gear ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Where to start for a tanking gear ?

MrWhoCares
09.21.2012 , 01:36 AM | #1
I am a pure PVP guy with all most full WH dps geare. But I wanna start PVE as a tank so where to start for PVE the gear ?

Simply what can I tank with my current gear ?

-Fal-
09.21.2012 , 01:54 AM | #2
Black Talon!
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.

Atramar
09.21.2012 , 02:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MrWhoCares View Post
I am a pure PVP guy with all most full WH dps geare. But I wanna start PVE as a tank so where to start for PVE the gear ?

not with dps gear. better get recruit tanking stuff, or, BM tanking stuff if you have to many comms.
maybe some dailies for rakata implants and defensive mods/enhs.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

-Fal-
09.21.2012 , 03:31 AM | #4
You could probably tank Black Talon, The Foundry, and Boarding party depending on the healer.
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.

cycao
09.21.2012 , 06:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by -Fal- View Post
You could probably tank Black Talon, The Foundry, and Boarding party depending on the healer.
I did a group finder the other day and swore that I only selected dps but I was the only tanking possible class and I had to switch to dark charge I think once or twice but I tanked the majority of Battle for Ilum with lightning stance and full dps wh.

So yeah you should be able to tank some flashpoints with dark charge and dps gear if you got some talents in the tanking tree which help out.

vojinsa
09.22.2012 , 06:30 PM | #6
depends on the group really. i had a hybrid tank/dps shadow wearing full pvp dps gear. after i realized slow time was replaced by FiB and his surv/mit was crap i held back on boss fights and did more crowd control to speed up the fp. the group realized what was going on so we just went with it since we were over geared. (cept for our pvp hero)*

*PvP tanks are easy to spot since they move around a lot for no good reason.
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.

sankalp
09.30.2012 , 06:42 PM | #7
I would suggest running low lvl ops as DPS to get your tank set. Make sure others know what u need to roll on and let you. Once you have half tionese/Columi you can move to HM EV/KP and get rakata. Easy to do if you run with a super geared group. Once you get rakata, its a grind to get to semi BH and start on HM EC.

Kyriosgundam
09.30.2012 , 06:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MrWhoCares View Post

Also the type of tanking gear you want to get also depends on what character and advanced class you are. Otherwise most of what everyone who has posted before me has said is good advice.
"The Ability to speak does not make you intelligent"-Qui-Gon
"Much to learn you still have"-Yoda
"Impressive......Most Impressive"-Darth Vader
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"-Obi-Wan

TMar
10.03.2012 , 02:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyriosgundam View Post
Also the type of tanking gear you want to get also depends on what character and advanced class you are. Otherwise most of what everyone who has posted before me has said is good advice.
He's posting in the assassins forum so I'm going to go out on a limb here...
There is no suggesting, there is only trolling
There is no discussing, there is only trolling
There is one constant, there is trolling
****All for a Tor server named Bria.****