Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper/GS improvements to consider

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sniper/GS improvements to consider

thefishdude
09.21.2012 , 07:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SajPl View Post
Their knockback should have no cooldown and instantly kill everybody within 100 meter range.
personally, I was thinking 150 meters, but I'll compromise at 100 meters.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

NoTomorrow
09.21.2012 , 07:09 AM | #12
Just make tech abilities talentable to 35 meters
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Groncho
09.21.2012 , 07:29 AM | #13
i think is a joke or the OP has absolutely no idea how to play a GS/Sniper
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

Lionflash
09.21.2012 , 07:38 AM | #14
Personally. I'd rather they add an auto animation every time the Gunslinger lands a killing blow on a opponent to have him twirl his pistols.

Sometimes I can't be bothered to reactivate my 'Luck Shots' buff everytime.

Cessna_X
09.21.2012 , 07:54 AM | #15
While the stealth thing would be cool, it would make us waay to, um, invincible. XD I do really like the idea though. It got me thinking...

Ever seen NPC mobs that lay around in prone position? I think it would be really cool if we could somehow get the option to use that position for our cover animation. Maybe make it like a legacy social perk or something. Think like the Chiss social rest ability, only a Sniper social Take Cover ability! Obviously still keeping the standard cover position available, too.

I also really like the idea of color-customizable cover screens! Although I'm not too sure about tying it to the mainhand color crystal, but I can't really think of any other ways to do it. Makes me wonder what a black-core cover screen would look like

DacRycar
09.21.2012 , 08:16 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomokaze View Post
...and advanced snipers of the future shouldn't be different.
Didn't you get the memo? This isn't in the future. It was "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..."

This is a broken, dumb idea. If you want "realism," you shouldn't be playing MMOs.
Major Azhandra Rycar The Ebon Hawk server
"I troll people by using Full Auto and shouting
'Vanguards are a ranged class!'"

DimeStax
09.21.2012 , 09:09 AM | #17
I just want to hear the voice commentator from Team Fortress Classic do the same killing streak and survivability announcements in SWTOR Warzones; "GODLIKE", "KILLING SPREE", "INDESTRUCTIBLE", "BEAST-MODE". Maybe even throw in a Mortal Kombat commentator when the person is stunned at less than 20% hp: "FINISH HIM".
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Ybini
09.21.2012 , 10:02 AM | #18
I'd like my knockback to not have to be done in cover.
I'd like to be able to go into cover anywhere even *GASP* ramps.
Thats about all I need.

Solarenergy
09.21.2012 , 11:07 AM | #19
Lol are you suggesting we should get a stealth ability similar to the ones sentinels and marauders have? I really hate that little trick they pull when you are in a one on one with them and you are about to kill them, but then they pop their disappear button and then their teammates notice me and start beating up on me. Then guess what the sent or mara does as he's coming out of stealth? He sees his buddies are now giving me hell so he's the one that finishes me off. Cute, since I know he would have been toast had he not pulled his little Houdini trick, and he knows it too.
But that said, we don't need stealth as snipers, a lot of the times if you pick the right spot, they won't notice you. When they do notice you, then you will definitely die at the hands of three melee or vanguards, but when you respawn you just pick a new spot and hope they don't notice you again.

Joesixxpack
09.21.2012 , 11:16 AM | #20
Stealth + GS/Sniper = These forums filling up with even more whining, and unlike 99.99248% of the whines it would be justified.