Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper/GS improvements to consider

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sniper/GS improvements to consider

Tomokaze
09.20.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1
To our Sniper/Gunslinger representative at Bioware please consider the following improvements to sniper/GS gameplay (apologies if these are all old ideas):

1) If out-of-combat and entering cover, give us stealth (which breaks upon entering combat or leaving cover)

Real-world snipers are virtually undetectable when in position, and advanced snipers of the future shouldn't be different. Being able to get into position and wait for your target, actually playing like a sniper, would be a lot of fun. I may be blinded by my sniper goggles, but I don't see how this addition would be game-breaking either, since we could not move and maintain stealth, and it would go away upon entering combat (first shot fired or getting hit by AoE most likely).

*** OR ***

If PvP flag = true:
1) Disable brightly colored coverscreen with the 'I'm over here!" flashing lights. Would favor a transparent screen or none at all.

2) Disable the giant Ambush graphic that alerts your target its time to LOS you. (I know this one has been mentioned before, but it is a great idea.)

Thanks for reading!

Capt_Beers
09.20.2012 , 05:41 PM | #2
An invisible guy lining up an invisible 4-5k crit 35m away that can't be charged/pulled and has an available 20sec CC immunity. Nope. Nothing game breaking about that.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

DarkSaberMaster
09.20.2012 , 06:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
An invisible guy lining up an invisible 4-5k crit 35m away that can't be charged/pulled and has an available 20sec CC immunity. Nope. Nothing game breaking about that.
Nuff said. Close thread.
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger

cycao
09.20.2012 , 06:04 PM | #4
There is absolutely nothing wrong with gunslingers or snipers. They are right where they should be.

AboB
09.20.2012 , 08:04 PM | #5
As a sniper player, I can vouch for the majority of the naysayers in this thread. Sure, it would be fun and true to the sniper mentality, but this is a Star Wars MMO. Not a sniper simulator.

Expostar
09.21.2012 , 12:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomokaze View Post
If PvP flag = true:
1) Disable brightly colored coverscreen with the 'I'm over here!" flashing lights. Would favor a transparent screen or none at all.
It's not the "flashing lights" that grab our attention. It's the big red name above your head while you're shooting.
Jinxaz Sniper Jinxstra Operative

Masarko
09.21.2012 , 12:26 AM | #7
Lol if Snipers/GS gets more I demand Intercede and cc immunity to Marauders!
Iam Dog / Bishwhet
Passive Aggressive / Tilt Police

Darksaberexile
09.21.2012 , 01:37 AM | #8
Can I just get my cover screen in the same color as my rifle's color crystal?

Starting to get a little bored of the color I've had for it since level 10. (And I don't see anything game breaking about being able to change the color of it, lol)
Astinic level 55 sniper, Canderous Ordo server (now Jedi Covenant)

LenrocNewDawn
09.21.2012 , 01:44 AM | #9
My main is a SS Slinger and while the change you proposed would be awesome it will also makes us OP over the charts. If you played for a while you'd know that our Nemesis are the stealth classes (sin or operative) and the change u suggest will deny them their most powerfull tool ability to close the gap w/o us shooting at them..
Bottom line , nice change but game breaking!
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

SajPl
09.21.2012 , 02:11 AM | #10
Their knockback should have no cooldown and instantly kill everybody within 100 meter range.