Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game suddenly unplayable, FPS is terrible on a decent rig.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game suddenly unplayable, FPS is terrible on a decent rig.

Stormag
12.19.2011 , 02:35 PM | #21
i have similar pc and IT HAPPENED TO ME IN BALMORRA its UNPLAYABLE frezes all the time so badly, and in the other planets was just nice with no freezes at all!!!

why this????

SilverBlasters
12.19.2011 , 02:37 PM | #22
I had that in beta... what worked was lowering shadow quality to nothing.
Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice with the universe, the dice are loaded.

Ripebear
12.19.2011 , 02:40 PM | #23
OK. The system is NOT a decent rig by todays standards. That's not the issue. I'm not deluded thinking It's a supercomputer ok.

I have twiddled with all the graphics settings, something has happened today making it unplayable.

Also, it happened in Tatooine. It doesn't seem like a memory leak.

Ripebear
12.19.2011 , 02:50 PM | #24
Trying to change settings, restart and install graphics driver.

Although I'm pretty sure I have most updated ones, I did update when I reinstalled windows a week ago.

Lastage
12.19.2011 , 03:12 PM | #25
I want to say that I dont think its anyones cpu. I was in beta and I was able to play on max settings with 20-40fps. I would lower a few setting (shodows) and see what works best for both fps/graphics. After this it would never drop under 60fps. It also seemed as if there were more setting to toggle in beta.

I think bw changed something, ive seen many posts regarding this issue.
My cpu is pretty good, I bought it on black friday so its still new in that regard.
All drivers are up to date no programs in the backround nothing changed from beta-EGA.

Please look into this bw, I love this game and want to continue playing for years to come, I even puchased this brand new cpu to play on, and in beta graphics were so smooth and now I get 15-30 fps regardless of settings.
SOME are trained by others. OTHERs are trained by masters. MASTERs are trained by the force. The FORCE is trained by Lastage.
...o and the CE VIPeen thingy

Ripebear
12.19.2011 , 03:20 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lastage View Post
I want to say that I dont think its anyones cpu. I was in beta and I was able to play on max settings with 20-40fps. I would lower a few setting (shodows) and see what works best for both fps/graphics. After this it would never drop under 60fps. It also seemed as if there were more setting to toggle in beta.

I think bw changed something, ive seen many posts regarding this issue.
My cpu is pretty good, I bought it on black friday so its still new in that regard.
All drivers are up to date no programs in the backround nothing changed from beta-EGA.

Please look into this bw, I love this game and want to continue playing for years to come, I even puchased this brand new cpu to play on, and in beta graphics were so smooth and now I get 15-30 fps regardless of settings.
Yeah. Something has changed for sure.

Ripebear
12.19.2011 , 03:59 PM | #27
Doing all that changed nothing. Need to find out if people with the same card are experiencing the same issue.

BLEEPBLIP
12.19.2011 , 04:24 PM | #28
Try this, it worked for me:

1. Set your graphic options to the preset High (yes high) and click apply.
2. Set your graphic options to the preset Low and uncheck Bloom, Conversation Depth of Field (optional) and turn shadows off, click apply.

After applying this you can change textures back to medium or high.

Lastage
12.19.2011 , 04:34 PM | #29
I'm pretty sure there isnt much we can do on our parts, its in bw hands now.

Too many people have had the same claim, and that is
Beta=good fps and graphics set to high or max
EGA= low fps regardless of settings.

Alot of people feel the same there is a common trend.
SOME are trained by others. OTHERs are trained by masters. MASTERs are trained by the force. The FORCE is trained by Lastage.
...o and the CE VIPeen thingy

Thradar
12.19.2011 , 04:36 PM | #30
I played in 3 beta weekends. I've played in EGA for the last week. Framerates haven't changed for me.