Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can you give us an update on Dual Spec please.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can you give us an update on Dual Spec please.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ditolus
09.20.2012 , 10:43 AM | #1
We were told back in 1.2 that you were hoping to implement dual spec by 1.4. heres the proof: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-...il-27th-2012#e

And according to the patch notes on the pts its not happening. Can you tell us why and also if you plan on implementing it anytime soon. thank you.

FourTwent
09.20.2012 , 10:45 AM | #2
pretty sure the legacy 'field respec' is what the developers think we wanted. . .or at least all they're willing to give us

Digimanbyte_ID
09.20.2012 , 10:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
pretty sure the legacy 'field respec' is what the developers think we wanted. . .or at least all they're willing to give us
For the moment at least. Right now this game lacks the numbers to actually make focusing on that change worthwhile.

TUXs
09.20.2012 , 10:58 AM | #4
Wait for the cash shop...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

NasherUK
09.20.2012 , 10:59 AM | #5
TBH they should just remove the cost on the legacy respec and it would be fine.

fresnosmokey
09.20.2012 , 11:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Wait for the cash shop...
If I feel that I have to purchase anything in the cash shop that isn't purely cosmetic after paying my sub, I'm going to be really pissed and that includes dual spec.

FourTwent
09.20.2012 , 11:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by fresnosmokey View Post
If I feel that I have to purchase anything in the cash shop that isn't purely cosmetic after paying my sub, I'm going to be really pissed and that includes dual spec.
you dont have to buy a dual spec. you're doing just fine right now without one

SpazCats
09.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NasherUK View Post
TBH they should just remove the cost on the legacy respec and it would be fine.
I'd be fine with that too.

Andryah
09.20.2012 , 12:24 PM | #9
It's been a long time since any comment on this from Bioware, so yeah.... at least let people know the idea is alive and in process.

And maybe what year it will be released.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin

AllisonBerryman
09.20.2012 , 12:28 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey - thanks for asking about this in a constructive way. We don't have any new information on when this might get implemented right now, but the devs definitely know players are interested in this feature, and we'll keep asking for more info (and will let you know as soon as we have an update)!