Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The little lock on left of the hot key bar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The little lock on left of the hot key bar

WarbNull
09.20.2012 , 09:18 AM | #11
The OP has a point. It is in a precarious spot. By design it makes no sense to have it right on the edge of a Hot Key.

No matter what people say about using or not using key binds and macros it just makes no real sense for it to be placed there. It is just to easy to hit by mistake for those that place some sort of command there. You can hit it by mistake and the next thing you know is that your are moving things around. I've done it many times myself. It is a bit irritating when you go to utilize something from one of the slots and it is not there or moved and you have to stop and try to find it. Every once and a while I place Stims and MedPacs in places and when in battle if go to use it and its not where I expected then things can go wrong.

So I am with the OP on this. It would be nice if it was moved to somewhere else. Like I said, by design it makes no sense to have it right up against a Hot Key. No matter if you use Key Bind and Macros or not.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

Crip
09.20.2012 , 09:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DevReverRat View Post
Hey everyone
I wish they would move that little lock at the left of the hot key bar to the top bar..
So when I am in combat and using my mouse I don't move my hot keys around or lose some!

Thanks
Same here, it has been one of my main hates since TOR's release. I hate it when you lag and of all the places on your screen you click that tiny lock by accident but dont notice, then go to fire off some actions but you move em and clone em all over your action bar in mid fight. Stupid positioning of that button if you ask me. Id settle for an hot key to unlock your bar. or an option to remove that lock if you wish to do so, would be nice.

FourTwent
09.20.2012 , 09:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Superpasta View Post
You

Use

Mouse

Click

on the hotbar?????
this ^^^

plus. . . lol @ the OP

Crip
09.20.2012 , 10:09 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
this ^^^

plus. . . lol @ the OP
Realy? Lol at the OP. Why?

Decell
09.20.2012 , 10:21 AM | #15
You must play the game the way you are told by people in the forums, you must keybind or you are a los3r who will be l33t beat down everytime you log in even on PVE. Seriously people, keybinding is not the only way to play, just because it works for you, doesn't mean it works for everyone. OP do you keep hitting the lock or forgetting to relock after doing bar changes? If you are hitting the lock, not much anyone can do to help you, I like the lock where it is, its obvious that its there for locking the toolbar unlike others where its been buried in the menus.
CE Edition Owner

May the Fourth be with you!

itsmymillertime
09.20.2012 , 10:39 AM | #16
I am a clicker (on a 55 inch tv, so the buttons are bigger) and i hit the unlock button too many times to count. It should be moved from a design point. Even when I am not clicking on the hotbar to use an ability, I sometimes click it by mistake and never realize it until it is too late.

Fix the problem, not blame the player. And for the record, I have been top damage in many warzones while being a clicker, the 55 inch tv helps

Skirata_Kal
09.20.2012 , 10:48 AM | #17
Yea, I always have to laugh at the people who talk down to clickers. I'm mostly a clicker and have dished out my share of pwnage in MMO's over the years. With that said keybinding your most commonly used abilities does help considerably and there are UI adjustments that you can make to minmize the risk of accidentally unlocking the bars (as others have pointed out). From a design aspect, I agree that the default UI isn't the best way. In fact, I think it should be a drop down menu option...though I'm sure some might prefer it to be a handy click-able.
Forum troll, former fanboy, later a "hater", recent returnee

FourTwent
09.20.2012 , 11:01 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Crip View Post
Realy? Lol at the OP. Why?
Because I find people that 'click' in an MMO funny. . .they humor me

DevReverRat
09.21.2012 , 08:27 AM | #19
I am a disable veteran and that is the way I play..
Don't hate the player hate the the game.
Why can't they just put it at the top of the screen in that bar .

Yogol
09.21.2012 , 08:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
No matter what people say about using or not using key binds and macros it just makes no real sense for it to be placed there. It is just to easy to hit by mistake for those that place some sort of command there.
^ this.

It's bad design, plain and simple.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.