Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon: Last bosses kill order

Raekor
09.21.2012 , 12:11 AM | #11
AOE them down together

Nah, I actually prefer to kill the big guy first because I find the pin annoying. A few times we get the tank on the middle one to interrupt and because he is tankable, I'll take one, and the other DPS take the other and we have a race to see who can win. Always stacked up on the bosses though, that's the only constant.

KVork
09.21.2012 , 03:25 AM | #12
Kill the pinner or commander first, both are viable .

Just have to say this, last time we did kill all 3 before first wave of adds managed to reach our position , they died soo quickly.
Not a servant of the Force, Master I am.

Pubsam
09.21.2012 , 07:39 AM | #13
The easiest this fight can go (IMO) is attacking the Commander first as the other two chase a healer around who is smart enough to not stand still. It's a great room for kiting. If they target a DPS they can kite also, admittedly it does slow things down though. And once Commander's down it's just a tank and spank.

On the other hand if you're group can't handle a concept like 'kiting,' (you'd be surprised) this can be a mess.
Time for a nap.

schnopsnosn
09.22.2012 , 03:15 PM | #14
Fatty on the right first.
If you kill the Commander first, the right guy will constantly pin a player until he is killed.
After that noone cares.

Pubsam
09.23.2012 , 05:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Fatty on the right first.
If you kill the Commander first, the right guy will constantly pin a player until he is killed.
After that noone cares.
He doesn't constantly pin, he occasionally pins. And once Commander is down the pin is always on the tank!
Time for a nap.

Taleek
09.23.2012 , 05:40 PM | #16
I usually do it with the commander first, then the big guy, but it works either way. It really depends more on gear, if your tank or healer are not very well geared you will probably want to kill the guy that pins first so that you have as much up time as possible, otherwise I like to kill the commander first so that I can taunt and kill aoe both the bosses and the adds at the same time.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Jetronin
09.23.2012 , 11:59 PM | #17
In a geared group it does not matter.

Under geared.

Commander (frees up the others so they can be tanked)
Big guy (pins occasionally)
Other one

Never ever had an issue with the big one causing massive damage by leaving him even with really under geared groups
Jedi Gardian - Tank
Guild Council of The Watch Republic-EU-PvE, currently recruiting

Say something positive: Get called a Fanboi
Say Something negative: Get called a Hater

DracJedi
09.24.2012 , 09:12 AM | #18
I played Koan last night and something weird happend. I killed the commander like usual, but I wasn't allow to taunt the other two. They kept chasing the healer and dps the rest of the fight. We managed to kill them, but it was quite disconcerting. I have done the flashpoint like 20 times and I never had that problem before. Thoughts?

schnopsnosn
09.24.2012 , 10:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Pubsam View Post
He doesn't constantly pin, he occasionally pins. And once Commander is down the pin is always on the tank!
Yes, he does pin constantly when the Commander is down.
Also that it's on the tank might be the case for you.
For me in my runs it's always a DPS or heal that gets pinned then, which is bad if you're not geared enough.

lazyax
09.24.2012 , 04:14 PM | #20
my usual kill order is: right, mid, left. reason: right and left are not tauntable, mid is. right (big guy) pins, he must go down first. as soon as mid goes down, i can then taunt left.

a funny thing happened the other day though, our healer died early in the fight, while we were about halfway into right mob (big guy), so it was just tank (me), and dps. we killed right, mid, left without a healer lol. we were alive, but barely.