Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon: Last bosses kill order

wainot-keel
09.20.2012 , 07:56 AM | #1
There doesn't seem to be a wide consensus on what's the best approach. Some groups start with the middle one, others with the right one.

Couple of days ago, with my mara, I asked since the tank wasn't putting any marks. "Just bunch up on me, aoe heal and kill the one you hate the most first, lol" The healer backed them up by saying "sounds about right, lol" so we did.

I like to start with the beefy zombie on the right first, since being constantly stomped by it is kind of annyoing...

Atramar
09.20.2012 , 08:10 AM | #2
gun,saber,shield

I prefer to kill middle one first, can taunt then and keep aggro.
but it's not really improtant.. I guess
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

TyeWebb
09.20.2012 , 08:50 AM | #3
There was thread about this before and basically you are correct there is no consensus, there are reasonable points made for just about every possible kill order.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528356

I don't think it much matters, as long as everyone in the group agrees on something. I just go with whatever is 1st suggested in the group.

Darth_Dreselus
09.20.2012 , 08:54 AM | #4
I know one of them (the big one they have stupid names to remember) has a kind of soft enrage if you don't kill him fast enough which gives you debuff causing everyone to take 200% damage. We tend to let him do that to make the healing more interesting, otherwise I just end up DPSing half the time.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

wainot-keel
09.20.2012 , 09:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TyeWebb View Post
There was thread about this before and basically you are correct there is no consensus, there are reasonable points made for just about every possible kill order.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=528356

I don't think it much matters, as long as everyone in the group agrees on something. I just go with whatever is 1st suggested in the group.
oh, thanks.
so basically, the best approach is agreeing on the kill order, that's all

haliy
09.20.2012 , 09:26 AM | #6
Commander Lk’Graagth (Middle) Is the only one which can be taunted at the start of the fight. For this reason he must be killed first. Once the Commander is out of the way, then its at the discression of the team. G'klarg (Left) does a pinning move, which keeps a player out of the fight which is why I usually take him out 2nd and Chak’Agakh (right) is just a straight tank n' spank.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Sambril
09.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #7
My preferred way of doing it on my shadow tank is for me to hold the middle guy and everyone else to kill the big one. I also like if the rest of the group bunch up close to me so my aoe can catch all three mobs and/or any adds that show up, this also helps with the healer's aoe.

But since the group usually has several overgeared people, including my tank, the order doesn't really matter and they usually die pretty fast regardless.

DSafana
09.20.2012 , 11:54 AM | #8
I agree that as long as everyone focuses same kill order, any order is fine.
When I tank I set kill order as :
Big guy on right then the left and middle last. here's my reasoning.
The only one that can be taunted is the middle guy. I can keep him agro'd on me the whole fight by taunting him when it's up. This keeps him off the healer and everyone else. Since You can't taunt the right or left at all during the fight, they tend to bounce targets and hit the healer. I want them dead sooner to stop the healers and DPS from panicking thru the whole fight.
I basically tell eveyone to stack on the middle , so the right and left don't go running around. This allows healer to aoe heal and dps to spam AOE
When the left and right die the adds spawn, I AOE taunt the adds to the middle so the dps can AOE them down.

dipstik
09.20.2012 , 04:26 PM | #9
i liek to kill the pinning one, then the mid, then the left.

uniz
09.20.2012 , 04:28 PM | #10
right or middle first as it doesn't matter. poorly geared tank and or healer benefits from the right first from my experiences as a healer getting pinned at the wrong time isn't good.

some additional advice

bunch up together on this fight. that means you range dps.