Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tired of people not spacebarring

Jacen_Starsolo
09.20.2012 , 09:21 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
OK, fair enough I generally go with the flow...I've been the n00b who wanted to watch, I've been the guy trying to squeeze one in before going to bed.
Ditto. I'm normally the last to hit the spacebar because if someone wants to watch it, I let them. But if I see everyone hit the spacebar and I'm the only one not, then I will as well.

Also on the original server of Krayt Dragon pre-group finder days, I used to run lowbies through things just to farm social points and help them get through it. And I'd let them know every loot roll I'd pass on. I haven't done that on Shadowlands yet because people aren't having as hard a time getting grouped to do it. But I also figured that could be their first time seeing the content ever so if they wanted to watch it, so be it.

Lium
09.20.2012 , 09:24 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyneris View Post
The dude is trolling, let it go.
This.

The line about "There's always some noob who hasn't seen it yet." was a dead giveaway.

FourTwent
09.20.2012 , 09:24 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post
Hard mode versions of flashpoints should be modified to reduce or remove dialogue cut-scenes.

I understand that the whole point of this game is the story, but the intention behind hard modes is that you will be running them multiple times, that's how bioware has set it up. We need to run these multiple times, and with the random group finder, it could be the same flashpoint more than once. The tedium of slapping that spacebar needs to go.

Story Mode should be the only mode with cut-scenes.
makes sense

Imhotep
09.20.2012 , 09:25 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I just had to quit a team in an Esseles run last night because this guy (with this same mentality as the OP) refused to slow down long enough for others to get off the Elevators. It was not an issue with me, but I noticed the rest of the team getting stuck on the previous levels because this guy would not stop leaping in to battle before the rest of the team could use the elevators to join the rest of the party.

I politely asked him, "Can we please wait for the others to use the elevators before attacking the mobs?

His response, "They should keep up"

Instant ignored and quit the team with an apology to the others.

People's lack of patience makes them the true annoying party members. Not the one's who would like to watch the story.

I myself spacebar through the story, but if somebody wants to watch it, then so be it, I kick back and watch it too.
This is the mentality that was bred in Wrath of the Lich King. Screw everyone else I don't care about anything but rushing thru this as fast as possible. God forbid you just let him die then the healer gets to listen to him cry about that.
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sëkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™

Eillack
09.20.2012 , 09:25 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
I only do flashpoints to show off. The only problem I have with people watching cutscenes is that it takes away from the real performance....ME. Seriously, I am that awesome.
Deadpool.....?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Arkerus
09.20.2012 , 09:26 AM | #46
If you can't spare a few moments to let someone enjoy the story, you probably need to reevaluate your life priorities.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

DeeMoneyBig
09.20.2012 , 09:32 AM | #47
I always ask up front if a spacebar run works for them. If someone says no, then I make a decision on whether or not to stay. If it is Esselles, I will politely drop the group. Anything else and I will generally stay. The lockout timer is longer than staying in a group and being forced to watch the cut scenes.

I also believe that people who say "they have seen the cut scenes 100s of times" actually mean that they have spacebarred through them 100s of times...

Scar - <Resurgum>
Tarquinas - Nomad

TUXs
09.20.2012 , 09:42 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
If you can't spare a few moments to let someone enjoy the story, you probably need to reevaluate your life priorities.
Yeah, that really has nothing to do with it at all. Gaming is entertainment, like watching TV, but interactive. I would argue that the people who have nothing better to do in life than watch the same cutscenes over and over again, are the ones who might wanna reevaluate...but I don't think EITHER behavior implies flawed 'priorities' in any way.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

ATAMIANM
09.20.2012 , 09:43 AM | #49
For story mode FP, it should be expected there are new players who haven't seen the cutscenes. For HM flashpoints, I agree that spacebarring should be the norm; BUT, right up front you should ask and make sure all are OK with that. Often in HM FPs I make choices I never made before, and sometimes am curious to see the playback when I win the roll. But not enough to hold the group back if that is their desire.

Eyesmindassassin
09.20.2012 , 09:51 AM | #50
I agree with the OP. If you take a look at my posting history, you will see that I've actually made posts defending watching the story and not spacebarring in past threads. The reason I've changed my feelings on this is experience. I was super casual before and was just leveling alts. I never did dailies or anything. Or I did do them, it was rarely. I'm now in a raiding a guild and try to do all the dailies every day, so I don't have as much time to just relax and watch cut scenes I've seen a million times already.

There are two situations I can recall. One was when I was in Battle of Ilum and my guild ended up needing me for Explosive Conflict. I think I wouldn't be so annoyed with people watching cut scenes, but they were doing such low DPS that the run was taking forever. I was on the last boss fight talking to my GM and they were literally not doing hardly any DPS. Cut scene watchers are just badly geared and played casuals. Having to sit and watch the cut scene after carrying them through the whole flashpoint is just insult to injury.

Another instance I can recall is a freshly geared tank queueing up for Hard Mode Kaon Under Seige for the first time. He was way too squishy and didn't know fights/pulls, so we ended up wiping a few times because of that. I was also pulling DPS away from him like madman. I shouldn't have to sit through cut scenes in a Hard Mode, carry badly geared people that didn't even take the time to learn the fights/pulls on normal mode AND then to top it all off have to pay an enormous repair bill because of all the incompetence.

Bottom line is, I'm 100% certain all the posts in this thread defending not spacebarring are badly geared and played casuals that don't have a 50. If they do, they don't play them at a high level and just level alts all day. Trust me, if you run each flashpoint enough times and don't have much time to watch cut scenes, you'll understand where me and the OP is coming from. I think this is BioWare's fault though and they failed big time with this game and his replay value when it comes to the story.