Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tired of people not spacebarring

Jedi_Slayer
09.20.2012 , 09:00 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
Well done!
Well done!

I have run into this mentality a few times now

Worst one was a guildy (at the time, no longer) would not stop and heal after fights and would run off into next fight. I was playing my sage healer and asked for him to slow down and heal up between fights please.

He told my it was my only job to keep him healed and thats only reason I was there

Strangly enough he died next encounter and after that (with out a word being said) he would stop and heal for a second or 2 after combats!

Also ran into this mememememe mentality in CTS

Again was on as my sage and said /1 healer lfg or partner for CTS (I routinely 2 man CTS with this character)
Got a responce by a tank and a DPS so added them both and they wanted me to use my DPS companion.

OK, I usually use Qyzen as hes got 21k health and a taunt to control fights but since we had a tank player all should be good!

Well we wipe first pull because tank is not taunting so nadia (DPS companion) and I have all the argo and die.

So I pull out Qyzen and say "I need him to taunt so im open to heal everyone"

Well these two terrified im breaking the holy trinity of 2 dpser, tank, healer start going off on me and finally just had enough and pulled the first fight figuring seeing for themselves would be better then anything I could say. We handle first fight fine with not even a close call.

So all is good right?

Nope they still demanding Nadia.
I move to second floor and now one calling me a troll for insulting her tank ability by using a tank companion (in hindsite I guess I kinda was but she didn't taunt and we wiped because of it. A level 50 Vanguard shouldn't have to be told to taunt in a group, it should be standard practice) then other one summons her MUCH WEAKER dps (was in under 50 gear) companion to over ride and remove mine!

Having no desire to fight with these 2 mental cases I just quit group and left not wanting to fight with them and their overly strict group design ideals that everyone else must follow.

And suddenly these two start filling Black Hole with " *name* is a terrible healer and dont group him and blah blah blah"

Got anouther partner in a couple minutes and we two maned CTS with no drama, no near calls, no wipes, no problem!

As I left BH that night those 2 were still screaming about me and asking for a healer to join them.
They both hit ignore after that

Sad truth of matter is some people really think you are there for THEM ONLY and to play THEIR WAY ONLY
My Main is a healer, and lazy tanks are annoying as hell, Tend to mention in the box, I can't heal if I am getting the crap shoot out of me. Normally that does it well enough for them to get the point but sometimes the just don't get it or don't care.

On topic, when it comes to SB, I SB through most of the content at first, if I see that I am waiting through the cut scenes I stop and start watching them. There are probably some FP that I have never seen in their entirety but that's ok with me. But I never get worked up if someone wants to watch them, it's time for me to grab some more water, or eat something if I want.

This is an MMO, and that means that there is going to be other players, and as mentioned by other people, if you want to make a speed run then don't use group finder.

Jacen_Starsolo
09.20.2012 , 09:01 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Onlyxwishes View Post
Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.
How about the person trying to watch for the first time because the last time they had idiots screaming about pressing spacebar?

Don't do FPs if you can't play with others then.

TUXs
09.20.2012 , 09:03 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post
Hard mode versions of flashpoints should be modified to reduce or remove dialogue cut-scenes.

Story Mode should be the only mode with cut-scenes.
I am 100% ok with this idea. GREAT suggestion!!!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Jacen_Starsolo
09.20.2012 , 09:04 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ifrica View Post
Was in a similar situation when i was healing in a FP a couple days ago, the guy wouldn't listen either and kept on going, i just let him die a couple times, he learned his lesson
One thing I loved about playing the healer. You don't want to slow down enough for people to heal up, no healz for you. loved it when he died. I even did a LOL in the party chat.

TUXs
09.20.2012 , 09:04 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
How about the person trying to watch for the first time because the last time they had idiots screaming about pressing spacebar?

Don't do FPs if you can't play with others then.
Why does "playing with others" only work one way?! Majority rules imo. If others skip, I skip. If they watch, I flip on the TV.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

odericko
09.20.2012 , 09:06 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Why does "playing with others" only work one way?! Majority rules imo. If others skip, I skip. If they watch, I flip on the TV.
If someone was doing the FP for the first time or even if someone just wants to re-watch, I wouldn't care about "majority rules". I'd be at least respectful. If your hard pressed on time, you really shouldn't have started group content anyways.

Quote: Originally Posted by Marb View Post
Hard mode versions of flashpoints should be modified to reduce or remove dialogue cut-scenes.

Story Mode should be the only mode with cut-scenes.
Agree with this, though. If your doing hard mode your most likely doing it for the content, not story.
Hiltar - Bounty Hunter - Jung Ma

Jacen_Starsolo
09.20.2012 , 09:07 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
OP I replied to (if you read what that person said) had nothing to do with what others on the team do or don't. It's all about how the OP feels.

Atramar
09.20.2012 , 09:15 AM | #38
every time I see some one asking 3 times 'space' or once 'space noobs' I stop spacing.
if person complains more, I will wait till very last moment to choose my conversation...
I'm a tank, mostly, go ahead, complain about spacing

I space, dont care if they space. let live and let die.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

TUXs
09.20.2012 , 09:16 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
OP I replied to (if you read what that person said) had nothing to do with what others on the team do or don't. It's all about how the OP feels.
OK, fair enough I generally go with the flow...I've been the n00b who wanted to watch, I've been the guy trying to squeeze one in before going to bed.

Jacen_Starsolo
09.20.2012 , 09:16 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by odericko View Post
If someone was doing the FP for the first time or even if someone just wants to re-watch, I wouldn't care about "majority rules". I'd be at least respectful. If your hard pressed on time, you really shouldn't have started group content anyways.

Agree with this, though. If your doing hard mode your most likely doing it for the content, not story.
Okay with HM as well. But whoever is putting the team together should also specify something like "speed run" or "story run". So everyone knows what to expect. Or even if they can put that in the group finder.