Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who ever at Bioware is in charge of the Merc class is doing a horrible job.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Who ever at Bioware is in charge of the Merc class is doing a horrible job.

Jherad
11.23.2012 , 10:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Once a class hits rock bottom, all you can do is go up from there. 1st step they should take is revert all the nerfs, then add more buffs. The nerfs were never justified, including the accuracy 3% nerf, rocketpunch knockback, jetboost cooldown increase, and crit talent nerf by 3%, adding heat cost to kolto shell, nerfing supercharged gass, and others. All the changes need to just be un-nerfed, the class was bad back then and is just broken now.
That would require BW to admit they were wrong. I'm sure some of them, deep down, know it - but to admit it is something else. They'll just keep riding the failtrain of their own hubris until it crashes.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

MitchPB
11.24.2012 , 12:38 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
That would require BW to admit they were wrong. I'm sure some of them, deep down, know it - but to admit it is something else. They'll just keep riding the failtrain of their own hubris until it crashes.
Well Bioware needs to reach down their shorts and take their balls out of hiding, admit they were wrong and fix the dam class.

Macroeconomics
11.26.2012 , 01:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Well Bioware needs to reach down their shorts and take their balls out of hiding, admit they were wrong and fix the dam class.
There is going to be institutional pressure from within BW against fixing Merc dps. If they admit that Merc dps is weak, then they admit they must jettison using their ingame stat collection system to drive class rebalancing. Because Merc dps ranks really well in their ingame stat collection system. And BW spent a lot of time to develop that system and they are very conditioned to believe that system is correct.

Put another way, their balls are hiding more effectively than an Assassin with Blackout up and running....

Nassik
11.26.2012 , 07:24 AM | #34
The next logical step for the merc is a nerf to Tracer Missile. We use it far too much so it must be too powerful. I figure a 5% damage reduction is on the way.

The Bioware statistics have killed the class and as long as those stats continue to be used, I expect additional nerfs.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

MitchPB
11.26.2012 , 04:26 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
The next logical step for the merc is a nerf to Tracer Missile. We use it far too much so it must be too powerful. I figure a 5% damage reduction is on the way.

The Bioware statistics have killed the class and as long as those stats continue to be used, I expect additional nerfs.
They might as well just take away our blasters and have us charge into battle wielding rubber *****s.

Bigtarr
11.26.2012 , 08:16 PM | #36
Un Nerf and I'll come back to play!
I wanna use BB CODE, HTML CODE, OR IMAGE for my signature!

Pulpp
11.28.2012 , 11:17 PM | #37
Amen. And just like merges, APAC, Illum and every other colossal **** up in this game, by the time Bioware addresses it, 95% of the people that actually care will have left the game. Keep up the good work, Bioware.
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).

Sippix
12.01.2012 , 11:43 PM | #38
Mercs should do more damage because they have two pistols and they are Mercenaries - What's a Powertech anyways? Is that like a robot thing? Is it like a droid bounty hunter or something? Clearly BW doesn't know how to make believable bounty hunter names that do what they say. Mercenary is just a powerful sounding name, and with 2 blaster pistols, they are ultimate fighters...but what the heck, BW?
Malkiv Mayhem
Powertech Vanguard
Slinger Shadow

Youtube | Enjin | Twitch

Skapek-Skocap
12.02.2012 , 06:45 PM | #39
The fact that there are other professions in the game that are very good in terms of some overpowered abilties, such as Jedi Sent/Sith Marauder + Operative/Smug, but saying that Merc BH is underpowered is wrong. It's comepletely fine the way it is, with the new added interrupt. Perhaps adding a Jump to Ally/Enemy would be nice, but even then that's almost asking for too much in the class.

Overall, Merc has outstanding abilties for Spike Damage and survivablity in PvP as a Ranged DPS. You have to know how not only to put the points in the tree correctly but what stats to focus on. That, combined with practice and knowledge of the class, Mercs can kill almost any profession on the field.
Aka'an Tal - The Mandalorians - Bounty Hunter
-- Verda kat'taylir nass be trattok'o - A warrior knows nothing of defeat - Mand'alor the Indomitable --
Arsenal Mercenary - The Best Class in PvP since the Mandalorian Wars
Spoiler

Nassik
12.03.2012 , 01:21 AM | #40
You must be joking.

All of the existing threads of complaint and suggestion about and for the merc haven't spawned because of a perfectly functional class.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian