Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Who ever at Bioware is in charge of the Merc class is doing a horrible job.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Who ever at Bioware is in charge of the Merc class is doing a horrible job.

Wraiven's Avatar


Wraiven
09.26.2012 , 10:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDevilsGrace View Post
The QQ is simply amazing about Rocket Punch being a immobilize instead of a knockback. You do know that the knockback freaking BLOWS and it gives the enemy resolve? The knockback was like 3 feet and hardly any vertical uptime. It was basically our interrupt for healers IF they didn't have a full bar of resolve. I'm glad it is an immobilize so it gives me time to ****.
So you QQ about a QQ thread...
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

TheDevilsGrace's Avatar


TheDevilsGrace
09.26.2012 , 10:33 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
They replace it with a 4 sec stun but wouldn't it have made since to add the stun in the knockback because Merc are a range DPS/Heal class. Instead they keep range classes closer to you than ever before. Its a stupid design for a stationary class and all the while buffing the melee classes.


This **** makes know sense.......
I didn't think they would sensor Get out the heck out [replace the heck with your favorite F-word]. According to the patch note it is an immobilize not a stun. The knockback had some situations that it was useful but it required delicate placement because the knockback itself was pure garbage. Smart melee know to stay in the middle of a ramp to avoid the knockback as much as possible from a talented Rocket Punch. Yes you might get an easy kill every now and then with a well timed knockback but you still get the AoE knockback. With the immobilze I can drop down and heal myself or get me that extra Tracer Missle + Railshot to kill them. With the Old Rocket Punch I would not be able to do that because they would have closed the distance in heartbeat.

Asturias's Avatar


Asturias
09.26.2012 , 11:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDevilsGrace View Post
I didn't think they would sensor Get out the heck out [replace the heck with your favorite F-word]. According to the patch note it is an immobilize not a stun. The knockback had some situations that it was useful but it required delicate placement because the knockback itself was pure garbage. Smart melee know to stay in the middle of a ramp to avoid the knockback as much as possible from a talented Rocket Punch. Yes you might get an easy kill every now and then with a well timed knockback but you still get the AoE knockback. With the immobilze I can drop down and heal myself or get me that extra Tracer Missle + Railshot to kill them. With the Old Rocket Punch I would not be able to do that because they would have closed the distance in heartbeat.
You don't even seem like you play a Merc. I have a fully WH Merc that I have been playing since launch and this class is getting worse and worse with no sight of improvement.

If there resolve is full your Rocket Punch don't mean ****. Its pointless but they should of added it to the knock back.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

Azrienov's Avatar


Azrienov
10.09.2012 , 05:13 PM | #14
For rocket punch, just saying here... how hard would it have been to keep the knockback, and tack on the root? Juuuuust sayin'

Warlord_Maliken's Avatar


Warlord_Maliken
10.10.2012 , 12:46 AM | #15
I wouldn't be suprised to see this as the Mercenaries next ability at this point. I agree with the original post as sad as that is, b/c there is so much anger in his thread lol. But i feel yah.

"Jetpack Explosion" - The Mercenary ignites his jetpack, blowing it up along with himself (insta self-death), but enemies nearby are stunned for 27.5 seconds. Builds 10% resolve. This ability does not effect enemy force-sensitive melee classes. The Mercenaries body is launched into a nearby Sarlacc pit, causing nearby allies to be stunned in fear for 8 seconds, building 5% resolve. The flames enrage enemy Marauder/Sentinel classes, healing them for 5% health and granting them 2 second immortality along with +10% damage increase.

/sigh. I love being the red headed stepchild class of SWTOR. At least I look awesome though, props to the artwork team.

Dokarswtor's Avatar


Dokarswtor
10.10.2012 , 04:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDevilsGrace View Post
The QQ is simply amazing about Rocket Punch being a immobilize instead of a knockback. You do know that the knockback freaking BLOWS and it gives the enemy resolve? The knockback was like 3 feet and hardly any vertical uptime. It was basically our interrupt for healers IF they didn't have a full bar of resolve. I'm glad it is an immobilize so it gives me time to ****.
This. The new 4 sec root is far far superior to the old knockback for pillar kiting etc and almost every other situation.

Technohic's Avatar


Technohic
10.10.2012 , 08:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dokarswtor View Post
This. The new 4 sec root is far far superior to the old knockback for pillar kiting etc and almost every other situation.
I wasn't keen about it on paper; but having it on a short cool down and not adding to or being affected by resolve comes in handy. I just gave it a good, honest try last night and it was effective. I just use my regular knockback when I myself am rooted, like from a leap, but if I can keep moving with the help of cure I use the root. Particularly when I am focusing on an objective; I then do not waste much time to engage the melee in my face more than to root them and keep moving to where I need/want to be.

Demonsong's Avatar


Demonsong
10.14.2012 , 06:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
1)
2) The balance for this class versus melee is your range. Yes, this game is very melee heavy. You should be engaging melee targets in PvP who are busy fighting other melee. Your biggest asset is AoE + range, and this is easy to pull of in any match as long as you let those front line classes do their job. Stay close to LOS objects, and don't be out in the open where you can be an easy target.
I am so sick of hearing the trash. Get a clue.

RANGE IS NOT A DEFENSE!

Every class has a counter to completely ignore our "range is a defense" power.

Operatives, Scoundrels, Assassins, and Shadows get stealth. Range is not a defense from them.

Marauders, Juggernauts, Sentinels, and Guardians get the flying monkey jump. Range is not a defense from them.

Powertech and Vanguard get Harpoon and or Jet Leap; and have some ranged attack to use while closeing if needed. Range is not a defense from them.

Snipers, Gunfighters, Mercs, Commandos, Sorceress, and Sages, are ranged fighters. Range is not a defense from them.

Where is this all powerful "ranged is a defense" power you speak of?

I'll tell you what, you give me a power that lets me ignore 80% of my opponents defenses, like all of my opponents ignore my mythical "range is defense" power and I will agree that range is a defense.

xxIncubixx's Avatar


xxIncubixx
10.15.2012 , 06:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Azrienov View Post
For rocket punch, just saying here... how hard would it have been to keep the knockback, and tack on the root? Juuuuust sayin'
this, i didnt really understand the change... even if you root the enemy, you have hardly enough time to move anyway, and its not like you can attack either, because you will just get interrupted, ******** change is ********

DkSharktooth's Avatar


DkSharktooth
10.16.2012 , 07:10 PM | #20
This is a 5 Star Thread. All you mercs should rate it as such. Vote now at the bottom right of the forums page.