Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Cap?

Alynore
09.19.2012 , 11:13 PM | #1
Is there a cap on how many times you can kill a mob and it drops loot? I reported this as a bug a few times since relase with no answer. Mar'Gavrok on the Matriarches Summit is why I question this. I know he drops a blue training sword. I killed him 6 times. 3 times he dropped a green item, the other 3 times he dropped absolutely nothing.

As I said, I have reported this a couple of times in the past without any word or confirmation, to me it seems there is a loot cap that prevents us from looting a mob to many times?

hinder
09.19.2012 , 11:36 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alynore View Post
Is there a cap on how many times you can kill a mob and it drops loot? I reported this as a big a few times since relase with no answer. Mar'Gavrok on the Matriarches Summit is why I question this. I know he drops a blue training sword. I killed him 6 times. 3 times he dropped a green item, the other 3 times he dropped absolutely nothing.

As I said, I have reported this a couple of times in the past without any word or confirmation, to me it seems there is a loot cap that prevents us from looting a mob to many times?
loot farming is quite common on F2P games, so this is one of the things that needs to happen.
i agree with you that it was better in "THE OLD DAYS", but things would really be out of balance if they didn't take this kind of action.
sad but true.
i don't like it any more than you, but i am far, far from rage quitting over it.

and as far as i know "any word of confirmation" is either nonexistent or extremely rare due to the volume of replies it implies and the time it would require to send all those replies.
please forgive me for i have eaten from the tree of experience.
another very good reason to NOT hire older workers that have seen a thing or two.
we love progress and innovation, and we are eager to let you know when it's the same old crappy idea with a new coat of paint and a room deodorizer duct taped on the bumper.

Alynore
09.19.2012 , 11:44 PM | #3
I never said I was rage quiting, not sure why you brought that up. Also dont know why you brought F2P as this has been a bug since the begining when F2P had not been thought about. And if you put in a ticket, reporting a bug; yes, there should be an answer on if its intended or if it needs to be sent to a team to fix. BioWare C/s is very known for giving that answer and then not giving updates, but at least you know its a bug. Every MMO I have ever played. you put in a ticket you get an answer. Sometimes the answer is "Working as intended" or "That needs to be fixed" but you get an answer.

Skodan
09.19.2012 , 11:45 PM | #4
this is working as intended, its to reduce the amount of farming one particular enemy.

i found this out on ord mantell with the champion in the heroics area. after three successful kills, the 4th and any times after will result no loot
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds