Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
02.19.2013 , 12:03 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
I think what they meant to say is that it's a recolor of the Jedi BattleLord class set from the loading screen.

Which it is.

They also recolored the gloves/boots/legs for either the conservators set or the classic conservators set - can't keep my memory straight about which is which.
No, it's not! Compare to of them side by side... The only same thing are the boots. Gloves and pants are much slimmer an there is no belt around the waist.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Iggster
02.19.2013 , 12:30 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
I like the part, where nobody in the design team realized we wanted the ability to put our hoods up and down from the very beginning.

Did anyone on the design team actually watch Star Wars ?
I also find it funny that the developers didn't even know they wanted a hood down option until they shipped the game and the players asked for it.

Alec_Fortescue
02.19.2013 , 12:59 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
I also find it funny that the developers didn't even know they wanted a hood down option until they shipped the game and the players asked for it.
Like hood toggle was in works for over a year now. They were working on it before the release, according to them.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Pscyon
02.19.2013 , 01:43 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
It's been a long while since the developer response. What's the story with the hood toggle?
Seems it's on the back burner for a bit :\
Sith Sorcerer

Polebreaker
02.19.2013 , 02:55 PM | #85
So far back, it fell off the stove, onto the floor, through the floor and the next 4 floors down, only to land in someone's bathtub while they were taking a shower.

Farstrider
02.19.2013 , 02:58 PM | #86
OP,

No, I don't think we do.

Mainly because a hood up/down animation... Is unfeasible I mean a completely new animation that changes the skin of a model to another... It is'nt worth the development time, as a QoL feature.. I don't honestly believe the dev team are anywhere near even having it working, or progressed it from the planning stage.

Just release some altered robe models (hood down) for the main few types: Indignation, Battle Expulsor, Vindicator, Battlelord etc.. And be done with it, that or release some new models with a hood up/down variants.

The day we get the hood up/down toggle, fully animated that does'nt just clip off the hood but lowers it to the back of the robe.. I will eat my hat.. Scratch that, hood - because it beats having it up all the time.

Alec_Fortescue
02.19.2013 , 06:23 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Farstrider View Post
OP,

No, I don't think we do.

Mainly because a hood up/down animation... Is unfeasible I mean a completely new animation that changes the skin of a model to another... It is'nt worth the development time, as a QoL feature.. I don't honestly believe the dev team are anywhere near even having it working, or progressed it from the planning stage.

Just release some altered robe models (hood down) for the main few types: Indignation, Battle Expulsor, Vindicator, Battlelord etc.. And be done with it, that or release some new models with a hood up/down variants.

The day we get the hood up/down toggle, fully animated that does'nt just clip off the hood but lowers it to the back of the robe.. I will eat my hat.. Scratch that, hood - because it beats having it up all the time.
I believe all of us would be totally satisfied with the hood up graphic just switching, within a blink of an eye, into unhooded form. they are able to remove those detals and switch them around for armor. The hoods are totally separate pieces. They can create a feature to allow players actually switch around thos details.

Iggster
02.19.2013 , 06:49 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I believe all of us would be totally satisfied with the hood up graphic just switching, within a blink of an eye, into unhooded form. they are able to remove those detals and switch them around for armor. The hoods are totally separate pieces. They can create a feature to allow players actually switch around thos details.
This. That's all players really want when it comes to hood toggle. I mean no one complains (yet) that when they remove their characters boots the character doesn't sit down and undo their laces.

SOULCASTER
02.19.2013 , 11:25 PM | #89
Wood making a hood a "helmet" solve this problem the fastest? Basically you then can toggle to view helmet or not, which would be the hood. You could augment it all the same, etc etc.

The only problem with this idea is of course, you wouldn't be able to wear any masks or eye ware. But it would be an easy fix/solution to the problem.

The benefit would be that it would probably be the fastest way to implement this, as well as give non-hooded robes in game the option to now have a hood! (because the hood would be a helmet slot)

/shrug
Soulcaster
www.twitch.tv/Cidxgaming
Come watch me log on and hit the buttons that light up!